A forest perspective - Full of confidence.....NOT! (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

so hope they are right, but something tells me that Saturday might be there day in the sun...

So hope I am wrong, we have to win away sometime, and we will have the fight, but this is cov...

If you are in trouble, and you need a win, and you can find them, maybe this saturday, you could play....... CCFC

CJparker

Sod the negativity, I think we'll win and win well - PUSB!!!!

Covstu

i agree, we have not won away yet but given their form that might not matter. I would take a draw personally!

WillieStanley

Check out the tail end of the "Forest" thread. There's a a few words on it there.

TBF, I'd rather be in a relegation battle with Nick Clegg as manager than Steve Cotterill!

Paxman II

Hope we can capitalise on their negativity because I'm feeling lots of positivity at the moment so sure hope it's the same among the players!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
If thorn has ever a speech to give saturday would be the time to realise this the game that i feel is either us going down or forest, hopefully after they leeds win i think the lads will pull it off pusb!!

ccfcway

"Never want to see my Forest lose, but they no longer are my Forest. They are a collection of unprofessional people with limited time left at Nottingham Forest. "

ccfcway

mental that McGugan,Majewski and Greening all cant get in their match day squad

I'd take all of those in a instant !

Otis

Posted the same thing a few hours back when I went on their forum.

Their forum is just awash with negativity.

Covstu

i love this quote:

Coventry, like a cold, unrelenting tank division will rumble through the city ground. A clear victory, gifted to them by the sparse survivors of battles once lost - now watching as those tank treads crush and powder the brittle Forest bone beneath them.

Nothing will stop their resurrection, just as nothing will ignite ours. No touchpaper so willing - no fuel so abundant.

- "IF WE HADN'T OF LET TWO GOALS IN, WE WOULD HAVE WON ONE NIL" - Steve Cotterill, football genius.​

mental that McGugan,Majewski and Greening all cant get in their match day squad

I'd take all of those in a instant !

Crazy isn't it? All 3 are better than anyone in our squad. Something's gone horribly wrong for them to be in the relegation zone.

WillieStanley

i love this quote:

Coventry, like a cold, unrelenting tank division will rumble through the city ground. A clear victory, gifted to them by the sparse survivors of battles once lost - now watching as those tank treads crush and powder the brittle Forest bone beneath them.

Nothing will stop their resurrection, just as nothing will ignite ours. No touchpaper so willing - no fuel so abundant.

- "IF WE HADN'T OF LET TWO GOALS IN, WE WOULD HAVE WON ONE NIL" - Steve Cotterill, football genius.​

I posted that too! Its hilarious.

wingy

The Ghost of Billy Davis ,they have no cohesion ,even with the death of their Chairman/Owner they seem unable to unite ,god i hope they don't discover it against us,jusst like they did'nt when cotterill took over.

ccfcway

The Ghost of Billy Davis ,they have no cohesion ,even with the death of their Chairman/Owner they seem unable to unite ,god i hope they don't discover it against us,jusst like they did'nt when cotterill took over.

Thats the worry isnt it !

With our away form, you do have to worry that we dont go bearing our usual "gifts" away from home

@richh87

It's all because Cotterill is a massive tosser.

This is the manager who claimed Pompey outplayed us last season when we beat them 2-0 at the Ricoh and 3-0 at theirs.

The 2-0 at the Ricoh they didn't have a shot on target until about the 85th minute.

The man is a bitter bitter loser and I bet his squad hate him.

They've got a good squad with no unity - we've got a shit squad who love the manager. I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Last edited:

rob9872

Hopefully Cotterill will have had a hand in sending two clubs down this year. That only leaves one space that I hope we avoid filling.

Disorganised1

0 - 1 to the mighty Sky Blues !

Astute

Nimely, Sheffers and Platt could be in for a fun day

sly_old_fox

oh what a dilema, not sure who I want to win or lose this one! tho a trip to the Ricoh with the superb underground bars is much nicer than the trek to the Shitty Ground, so good luck on satdeh lads!

Covstu

I dont think this will be easy at all, we cannot score and nor can they. One goal could nick it

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
With confidence and belief in winning fragile all games are going to be tough..... like they say there are no easy games.

This is not a AT in or out comment or a crticism etc ........... I think this sort of game is a decent test of AT, to see if he can motivate and focus his players, to see if he can react quickly to game situations, to see if he can set the team up to win, to see if he has got through to the players how to see a game out and to see if they can string some results together. Fingers crossed he gets them to repeat the Leeds form

Otis

We also need to be up for it from the off. Against Reading, Middlesborough, Ipswich and Leeds we started off very slowly. Could have easily been a couple of goals down early against Middlesborough and Ipswich and Leeds too.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Agreed Otis, would seem lady luck smiled on us in those games first 20 minutes - we cannot rely on that though. Need to be at it from the first to the last minute.

Tell you one thing Nimely & Norwood have brought to the team - a winning mentality, they both have been schooled at teams that accept nothing less. Somehow i get the impression that losing has become an attitude at CCFC - another player with their attitude (AN & ON)could make all the difference

ashbyjan

You are spot on Otis - first 20 minutes will be vital - if we get at them, dominate them the Forest crowd will turn on their team. Their confidence must be rock bottom and with the crowd on their backs and that tosser Cotterill ranting from the side lines they will be there for the taking - fingers crossed AT can fire up our boys enough to get the job done.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't see it being decided by more than one goal either way-Forest's tactics and overall mentality don't suggest a massive goalscoring threat, and our own timid attacking away from home is very well known. What's for sure is that we can't have a repeat of the Reading performance, where a terrible first half made the second half almost an irrelevance-totally agree with Otis and Jan on the importance of hitting the ground running.
There's the potential for two big psychological burdens to be lifted tommorrow-a first away win, and a first time outside the bottom 3 since October; what an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Just wish I could be there! :mad:

Mr T - Sukka!

To be fair Forrest used to be a good team and looked bright under Billy Davies. They were in and arond the playoffs.

If you are in the bottom 3 fans are going to be negative as its a negative situation.

Could be the perfect time to play them and pick up our 1st 3 points on the road and that would be massive!

covcity4life

I don't see it being decided by more than one goal either way-Forest's tactics and overall mentality don't suggest a massive goalscoring threat, and our own timid attacking away from home is very well known. What's for sure is that we can't have a repeat of the Reading performance, where a terrible first half made the second half almost an irrelevance-totally agree with Otis and Jan on the importance of hitting the ground running.
There's the potential for two big psychological burdens to be lifted tommorrow-a first away win, and a first time outside the bottom 3 since October; what an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Just wish I could be there! :mad:

so true,im soooooooooooo nervous

Otis

The pyschological effect of being outside the bottom three is going to be absolutely massive. What a boost that would be to the club, team, manager and fans.

Let's hope we win and do indeed exit the relegation places.

It would have such a huge bearing on our morale and spirits and would also greatly boost the attendance the following week against Bansley.

kg82

I love this quote:

Hope we do lose. I'm getting off on this now, like watching a siege or the raoul Moat coverage

Haaaaa!!!

And the "0-8"

Can't wait for this but at the same time really apprehensive. I just hope the pressures too much for Forest and not us.

Users who are viewing this thread