A few questions for PWKH (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Well we praise Steven Pressley and he's a Sisu employee ;)

TBH I think the only people that need questioning are those that claim special knowledge of the situation. Everyone else can be debated on an even playing field, some on here (mostly from the pro-Sisu side TBH) play a lot of the "You'll find out" "Wait till it all comes out" which is impossible to actually discuss (which I guess is the point).

Which is wrong to be fair unless they want a huge humble pie if it doesn't happen ;)

Ian1779

Ian, I'm struggling to keep up with different threads so apologies if I'm off the mark but you appear to have a good knowledge of what's going on. I posted what I see as 4 key questions in a thread called fao... Are you able to answer any of them? Also (Nick will tell me off for asking this), but people like PWKH and Simon Gilbert come on here and are open about who they are. If you are criciticising them would it perhaps be polite for you to explain who you are too? Just a thought

Michael

I did see your thread and your questions but I am not able to answer them. If I could I would happily do so.

As for your other questions, you have highlighted perfectly my some of my frustrations. I am just a normal fan. I have a season ticket. I don't travel generally to away games as I have a young family and due to my job. I am not affiliated to any organisation, protest group or any other siginificant part of this dispute. I'm not even a member of SBT. But the assumption that I must be some kind of plant, employee or some kind of important person fishing for info, implies that any regular fan is only afforded the luxury of certain information.

Everything I know I have found for myself. I have taken the time to read, investigate and find out as many facts as possible. There is still more I want to know, but simply I was not satisfied with the information presented by just the CET, or other 'impartial' parties involved. Now if I can do it, there are plenty of others that can too. Why are the people involved with fans group or campaign not actively encouraging ALL fans to find out as much as they can...? to make a considered opinion.

Fans on this forum generally are far better informed than the general population of CCFC fans. That general population are too reliant on what CET tells them, and we all know that this does not give a full picture of the dispute.

As for being critical of people like Simon and PWKH, just because they come on here and say 'look i'm so and so - don't you know I'm important in this dispute' does that mean they are beyond criticism? If you put yourself out in the media - expect to be criticised and scrutinised. It's the nature of the beast.
I have been critical of Simon Gilbert... I'm not going to apologise for that. I don't think he gives the fans the true picture of what is going on. Les tried to.. and he's disappeared off the planet.

I want to find out everything I can. If I find out more information I intend on sharing it. It would be brilliant if we could get more people to do the same.

shmmeee

So... did we ever get to the bottom of that £7.7m?

I'm not wading through the crap to find out.

Nick

Administrator
Michael

I did see your thread and your questions but I am not able to answer them. If I could I would happily do so.

As for your other questions, you have highlighted perfectly my some of my frustrations. I am just a normal fan. I have a season ticket. I don't travel generally to away games as I have a young family and due to my job. I am not affiliated to any organisation, protest group or any other siginificant part of this dispute. I'm not even a member of SBT. But the assumption that I must be some kind of plant, employee or some kind of important person fishing for info, implies that any regular fan is only afforded the luxury of certain information.

Everything I know I have found for myself. I have taken the time to read, investigate and find out as many facts as possible. There is still more I want to know, but simply I was not satisfied with the information presented by just the CET, or other 'impartial' parties involved. Now if I can do it, there are plenty of others that can too. Why are the people involved with fans group or campaign not actively encouraging ALL fans to find out as much as they can...? to make a considered opinion.

Fans on this forum generally are far better informed than the general population of CCFC fans. That general population are too reliant on what CET tells them, and we all know that this does not give a full picture of the dispute.

As for being critical of people like Simon and PWKH, just because they come on here and say 'look i'm so and so - don't you know I'm important in this dispute' does that mean they are beyond criticism? If you put yourself out in the media - expect to be criticised and scrutinised. It's the nature of the beast.
I have been critical of Simon Gilbert... I'm not going to apologise for that. I don't think he gives the fans the true picture of what is going on. Les tried to.. and he's disappeared off the planet.

I want to find out everything I can. If I find out more information I intend on sharing it. It would be brilliant if we could get more people to do the same.

The bit about Simon might not be him personally though. I don't know how press works, but surely it doesn't go directly from his keyboard to print? Isn't there various steps along the way?

dongonzalos

Michael

Ian that is a brilliant answer
The majority of which I agree with.

The only thing that surprises me is that in 12 months of reading up on this you only seem to have questions for the Higgs trust.

The info you have potentially found regarding ACL is really interesting. I would love hear what questions you have for the Council and SISU, there must be loads.

Again you must have found gems no one else has with the depth you delve into things?

Last edited:

shmmeee

What exactly isn't Simon telling us?

Grendel

shmmeee

I'm sure he is telling you all you want to hear so don't worry about it.

cmon Grendel. You can do reasoned debate. Give it a try.

What, specifically is Simon not telling us? You must have a reason for your statements?

I can give you a whole list of reasons to question what Reid says.

lordsummerisle

That was so disappointing. She may as well have asked herself the questions

To be fair Simon Gilbert ran the story about the scam so obvious it may as well have had 100 foot tall neon lights flashing the word "SCAM" on it, whilst repeating at maximum voume through huge speakers "THIS IS A SCAM ".

God knows what Joy Seppalla would do to him, or anybody from the council/ACL for that matter.

shmmeee

To be fair Simon Gilbert ran the story about the scam so obvious it may as well have had 100 foot tall neon lights flashing the word "SCAM" on it, whilst repeating at maximum voume through huge speakers "THIS IS A SCAM ".

God knows what Joy Seppalla would do to him, or anybody from the council/ACL for that matter.

Now THAT is a reason to hammer Simon!

Covstu

so has PWKH actually responded yet!!!??? I havent been arsed to read through 37 pages of arguements!

Grendel

He responded saying he can't respond.

Of course he can't - he can only be selective in his responses. Shouldn't you be pressing him - after all you like answers to questions don't you?

Ian1779

So... did we ever get to the bottom of that £7.7m?

I'm not wading through the crap to find out.

Yeah - they got it... Or certainly that's what the documents says. But it was only £6.7m.

The link is on Pg 21 I think... Save you wading.

Ian1779

The bit about Simon might not be him personally though. I don't know how press works, but surely it doesn't go directly from his keyboard to print? Isn't there various steps along the way?

That could well be true. His name is on the article though.

Ian1779

What exactly isn't Simon telling us?

I'm not saying he is hiding facts, but he presents them in a way that is not entirely accurate, and often adapts the context of his pieces.

He did also go big on that ridiculous Highfield Group thing yesterday....

olderskyblue

I'm not saying he is hiding facts, but he presents them in a way that is not entirely accurate, and often adapts the context of his pieces.

Remind me, what has he reported that hasn't been accurate?

Ian1779

Ian that is a brilliant answer
The majority of which I agree with.

The only thing that surprises me is that in 12 months of reading up on this you only seem to have questions for the Higgs trust.

The info you have potentially found regarding ACL is really interesting. I would love hear what questions you have for the Council and SISU, there must be loads.

Again you must have found gems no one else has with the depth you delve into things?

The main reason I just appear to have Higgs/ACL questions is because everything that SISU has done has been scrutinised, analysed and deconstructed. What's Higgs/ACL have been doing has generally gone under the media radar. That's why I have the questions primarily for them.

One thing I do want to know about SISU is why they didn't do proper due diligence and deal with rent/revenue issue when they took over.

The answer seems to be 'yeah we should have done. We fucked that bit up' which is actually what we all think.

Ian1779

Remind me, what has he reported that hasn't been accurate?

I explained this in another thread, but if you take the article on the recent court case, the way he structured his headline, and sub headline implied it was SISU that took Higgs to court, not the other way round.

shmmeee

To be fair to Simon, I've agree that if he was taken in then he's a fool, but having actually read what he wrote I'm not sure he was taken in.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...ty-campaign-supporter-backed-takeover-6997150

Unless there's another article or that has been updated.

I'm not sure where the article about the court case is either: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/authors/simon-gilbert/?pageNumber=2

I mean they even switch around the names in Higgs V Sisu so it seems pretty unbiased. But again, maybe a quote would help.

Ian1779

Most of his stories are the same. Big explosive headline... Then the finer detail tells it slightly different.

My point is that people will just read headline and form their opinion. You only have to look on a Twitter to see that happens frequently.

The fact that £136 was donated to that scam yesterday might suggest that some people decided to contribute, before reading the bit where he says he doesn't actually know who they are.

J

Jack Griffin

It is a newspaper, what do you exact!

At least the Cov Telegraph hasn't editorial policies like the Sun... :censored:

Ian1779

olderskyblue

Sorry, I'm not going to let this one go. Which of these are "explosive" headlines?

That's it. That's all the headlines from the court case. Seem as non-partisan and dry as you're likely to get to be honest.

I'm still trying to find the inaccuracies that Ian says are there. That's basically saying that Simon is misleading us or lying isn't it? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I would like to know what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread