A Christmas toast (2 Viewers)

Norman Binns

Excellent piece of advice usskyblue, presumably advice borne out of experience. If I may reciprocate counsel, lay off the less Stones Green Ginger Wine this at time of year.

Tonylinc

US just stop throwing the insults around and consider your argument. As I understand it you are arguing that all of our current problems have arisen due solely to our previous owners and that Shitzu are in no way to blame. Have I got it right?

usskyblue

US just stop throwing the insults around and consider your argument. As I understand it you are arguing that all of our current problems have arisen due solely to our previous owners and that Shitzu are in no way to blame. Have I got it right?

Shit....and I thought I was pissed.

No.

Truth is, there's shit everywhere and people want to blame SISU alone...and that's fūcking plain wrong.

SISU is just one floaty turd in our lavatory of problems. ACL and CCC shit clearly stinks too.

I don't agree entirely with the method chosen but I'm behind owners that want to own, not rent.

ccfc92

No.

Truth is, there's shit everywhere and people want to blame SISU alone...and that's fūcking plain wrong.

SISU is just one floaty turd in our lavatory of problems. ACL and CCC shit clearly stinks too.

I don't agree entirely with the method chosen but I'm behind owners that want to own, not rent.

Can't argue with the owning bit. But the 6 years of complete business suicide I can

Tonylinc

No.

OK, we can agree that Leasehold ownership will give them some revenue streams BUT what is all this Freehold about? I'll tell you; it is about Shitzu naming their price for rental. Did you really think that it was about allowing the club to play for free?

letsallsingtogether

Well said, and all this past debt came along when we actually owned the ground?

So not all as black and white as some may see it.

hedge Fund sorry but they are not here for the welfare of CCFC just their shareholders.

OK, we can agree that Leasehold ownership will give them some revenue streams BUT what is all this Freehold about? I'll tell you; it is about Shitzu naming their price for rental. Did you really think that it was about allowing the club to play for free?

D

Deleted member 2477

Here's to us and the other gullible idiots who still believe in flying pigs, father Xmas and sisu
There laughing at you all the way to the bank

Delboycov

A toast to those that go to one game every 10 years and still think they've got their finger on the pulse. You're well out of touch mate...we've moved on now don't you know? Your views are shared by such a tiny minority now although unlike your chums at GMK at least you've got the exuse of not living here! Merry Christmas to the deluded and undeluded alike!

Gint11

Remember folks football is just a game and we are all fans of the same club!!!

Otis

For me, the previous owners were worse than Sisu, but the fact is we can now only deal with the current owners we have at the moment and it is they, at the end of the day, who have taken this club 34 miles away and disenfranchised the fans.

We now have a team playing in front of about 1300 City fans some 34 miles away and that is a complete farce of a situation.

Delboycov

For me, the previous owners were worse than Sisu, but the fact is we can now only deal with the current owners we have at the moment and it is they, at the end of the day, who have taken this club 34 miles away and disenfranchised the fans.

We now have a team playing in front of about 1300 City fans some 34 miles away and that is a complete farce of a situation.

I think your opening sentence is completely at odds with what follows thereafter Otis! For me as soon as the current regime took us out of my home city after taking us to our lowest league position in my lifetime and our morale to the lowest point ever they automatically became the worst owners we've ever had. Merry Christmas to you and your family Otis...

Astute

Get behind their mega plans to build a stadium then. If they are willing to pay for a stadium they are welcome to collect the rent from CCFC. Is this correct US?

Otis

I think your opening sentence is completely at odds with what follows thereafter Otis! For me as soon as the current regime took us out of my home city after taking us to our lowest league position in my lifetime and our morale to the lowest point ever they automatically became the worst owners we've ever had. Merry Christmas to you and your family Otis...

Very fair point. And yes, I dislike them more than the previous for this one move of theirs to take the club away from the fans. I think the previous owners were worse, but I dislike the current ones more because we are now not playing in Coventry and won't return to the Ricoh (their words not mine).

Merry Christmas to you too.

Delboycov

Very fair point. And yes, I dislike them more than the previous for this one move of theirs to take the club away from the fans. I think the previous owners were worse, but I dislike the current ones more because we are now not playing in Coventry and won't return to the Ricoh (their words not mine).

Agree with that completely mate

Grendel

The unfortunate irony is that from a football strategy perspective the current board are better than mcginnity (who could be worse), fletcher, ranson and deliu (ok a close second to mad mick) - that is the unfortunate thing about this unholy mess.

Fisher, waggott et al are better st football strategy. That said the club would almost certainly have secured promotion last season other than the ridiculous idea of giving thorn another punt.

If they had recruited robins in may after the championship car crash then we'd have secured promotion and we would not have embarked on this new ground nonsense

Fisher and waggot seem in all football aspects to Mohave their heads screwed on so why they ever let that blundering fool anywhere near the club after may is totally beyond me.

shmmeee

The unfortunate irony is that from a football strategy perspective the current board are better than mcginnity (who could be worse), fletcher, ranson and deliu (ok a close second to mad mick) - that is the unfortunate thing about this unholy mess.

Fisher, waggott et al are better st football strategy. That said the club would almost certainly have secured promotion last season other than the ridiculous idea of giving thorn another punt.

If they had recruited robins in may after the championship car crash then we'd have secured promotion and we would not have embarked on this new ground nonsense

Fisher and waggot seem in all football aspects to Mohave their heads screwed on so why they ever let that blundering fool anywhere near the club after may is totally beyond me.

Said for a while that on the pitch (including academy etc) this is probably the best board of my lifetime after Richardsons team. (And in some ways better due to the sustainable nature)

But like Richardson the mess they've made off it kind of cancels that out.

Hobo

Here's to all those years of overspending and mismanagement before you all knew SISU even fūcking existed ...

Cheers x
Woke up,and thought I could smell toast burning under the grill.

You can say what you like about previous owners, you are right and weren't the only one to have concerns at the time.

However the only people currently accountable for their actions and in a position to change anything, is SISU.
People can bang on about ACL and CCC, but SISU has freed themselves of them. So SISU either buy the Ricoh or start building.

Sky Blue Harry H

Cheers to everyone who never batted an eyelid when we spent millions on shit players...

Bottoms up arseholes..

Joined this thread quite late in the day. Have you had a few sherberts US? To be fair, I think there are plenty who've commented on perceived sh*te players. That's the story of most football supporters lives. One person's Rodney Marsh is another person's Rodney Trotter - you'll always get the odd bad buy, irrespective of which club you support. However, we've got saddled with a set of owners who don't give a stuff about us as fans. Is it our fault? - if you think so, I'd say that was a bit harsh - but hey, it's Christmas and we're all entitled to opinions. Let's see where we are in 3-5 years time :eek::D:wave:

bigfatronssba

Cheers to everyone who never batted an eyelid when we spent millions on shit players...

Bottoms up arseholes..

Such as Eastwood?

sky blue john

Laughable that all the Sisu supporters blaming previous regimes for our current plight !!!
Amazingly nieve !!!!
Obviously these are fans that don't
have the intellect to do any basic maths.
They believe creating 70million debt and playing outside Coventry in division one is a worthwhile exercise to save paying rent ?????

usskyblue

Laughable that all the Sisu supporters blaming previous regimes for our current plight !!!
Amazingly nieve !!!!
Obviously these are fans that don't
have the intellect to do any basic maths.
They believe creating 70million debt and playing outside Coventry in division one is a worthwhile exercise to save paying rent ?????

The past lead us here.

I have never said SISU are blameless. They are as culpable as ACL & CCC.

SISU hatred is fūcking pointless...beyond fulfilling your mislead belief that if you dislike something enough it'll disappear.

They are our owners, they are allegedly trying to make us sustainable and attractive to potential investors or buyers.

I don't expect any of this to stick..in fact you you should be thanking me for caring enough to bother fueling your pointless mantra.

One thing needs to stick though (he says without holding any fūcking hope)..

People that don't place 100% blame on SISU aren't SISU supporters. Just balanced realists who have watched our club be mismanaged and fūcked over by many entities for many years.

Astute

The past lead us here.

I have never said SISU are blameless. They are as culpable as ACL & CCC.

SISU hatred is fūcking pointless...beyond fulfilling your mislead belief that if you dislike something enough it'll disappear.

They are our owners, they are allegedly trying to make us sustainable and attractive to potential investors or buyers.

I don't expect any of this to stick..in fact you you should be thanking me for caring enough to bother fueling your pointless mantra.

One thing needs to stick though (he says without holding any fūcking hope)..

People that don't place 100% blame on SISU aren't SISU supporters. Just balanced realists who have watched our club be mismanaged and fūcked over by many entities for many years.

We should all love SISUE. After all they have taken our club from the championship and about 20m in debt to Division 3, homeless, somewhere between 60m and 70m in debt.....although I can't work out how the debt has got so high so quick. At one stage we were losing 500k a month. Work out where it has come from then US. 6 years losing 500k a month like we did at worse......nowhere near that for a fair bit now........is 36m. They told us we were debt free :thinking about: A lot of the original debt was wiped out when they took over. Us fans handed over our shares for nothing. So where did this massive debt come from? All I can think of is massive management fees. And as we all know they don't release the info like they should do by law. This time they won't have to do it as they are in the middle of liquidating that part of our club.

When they took us over they saved us from administration. No need to say any more on this matter as we all know what has happened since. They wanted a reduced rent. We all agree that this should be done. A lower rent was offered. It was then all about the pie money. So we got moved to Northampton. No closer club would entertain them. They said they wouldn't move back unless they owned the freehold. Why do they need the freehold US? They tried to send ACL to the wall by not paying the rent. The council got them a much lower interest rate so they could offer a much lower rent. The reply from SISUE was a JR. IMHO they don't have a leg to stand on. The only problem is that some judges have a lack of reality. Take two illegal immigrants. One commits a murder. One works hard. Pays his own way. Pays his taxes. The murderer gets to stay as they say he would be at risk if sent back. The one who keeps to the law gets sent back.

So SISUE have been offered rent free for the rest of the season. 100k a year for the next two seasons. Gates would go up massively. Income would go up in multiples. It is what we need with FFP rules. But SISUE won't even have talks on the matter. They keep us in Northampton. This keeps our debt going up. But Timothy has now kept their options open as he says they might rent. If so why not talk now?

Yes the council should share some of the blame. But not as much as some say. They saved us from being homeless. We would have ended up somewhere like Northampton permanently. Money was raised from various places. But a big loan was still needed. When this was taken out interest rates were much higher. The new stadium had no income when first opened. So a high rent was needed. Taxpayers money shouldn't be used to help football clubs......like Northampton have just got. Still waiting for Timothy to start a JR against Northampton council. CCC only went wrong by not reducing the rent once the arena was making money as the business was built up and interest rates tumbled. Some try and say it is treated as a cash cow. No money has been taken out though. All profits seem to have been used to reduce the debts. Whoever is in charge of the arena seems to be doing a good job. Yet some keep telling us that the council are to blame as much as SISUE :thinking about:

I don't blame SISUE for us not owning the ground. They are 100% innocent on this.....although they pulled out on obtaining the Higg's part. And still not paid the expenses agreed to them. But they have ripped our club apart since they came to our club. Yet some try and blame others to what has happened since. Can anyone seriously say they couldn't have done just about everything better?

Sky Blue Pete

Accept the point that sisu are not solely to blame for everything!! However I absolutely blame them completely for taking my club away from its community

dongonzalos

I am personally shocked to hear that Cov fans did not approach our owners at the time and ask them not to sign players.

Shame on us all.

bigfatronssba

See I don't really understand your point.

What your saying is "Previous regimes mismanaged the club, so its ok for sisu to as well".

Well most of us learn from the mistakes of the past. Perhaps if we acted 10-15 years go we wouldn't be in this mess now.

You seem happy for sisu to do whatever they want purely because the previous lot did bad things as well.

What sort of message is that? Get some self respect and dignity, and don't just accept all the crap that the owners do to our club.

Users who are viewing this thread