9PM Junk Food Ad Ban (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

You can buy a carrot for as little as 5p, the difficulty is persuading people to avoid convenience because they can’t be arsed cooking

Yea. Humans are lazy. Given we aren’t going to change that, what do we do?

Marty

Yea. Humans are lazy. Given we aren’t going to change that, what do we do?

As a species I don't think we're lazy, a lot of hard work goes into making your average persons life more efficient.

shmmeee

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe a convenience tax? Some kind of function of ease of use and calorie count?

Thing is, you don’t buy from Uber Eats if you’re concerned with cost anyway.

McDonalds have capped prices at the drive thru anyway, think it could easily be done on the online platforms.

shmmeee

Clearly never worked on a production line then.

Clearly don’t understand the difference between different areas of your life.

My worst diet time was my hardest working time. When I was teaching in coursework season I ate so much takeout just because I was either knackered or simply didn’t have the time to prep and cook. Was I lazy or not?

Marty

Clearly don’t understand the difference between different areas of your life.

My worst diet time was my hardest working time. When I was teaching in coursework season I ate so much takeout just because I was either knackered or simply didn’t have the time to prep and cook. Was I lazy or not?

Quite simply, yes, you're talking to someone whos worked 16 hour days, 7 days a week for months on end in hard physical labour. I didn't need to resort to take away for a meal.

shmmeee

Quite simply, yes, you're talking to someone whos worked 16 hour days, 7 days a week for months on end in hard physical labour. I didn't need to resort to take away for a meal.

Would you like a medal?

shmmeee

No, I'm just telling you that's your excuses don't stack up. If you want to eat healthy then you will and it's that simple.

And I’m telling you that you’re far too harsh on people assuming everyone should be like you or they’re lazy. Maybe I think you’re lazy because you’re stuck doing manual Labour on long shifts rather than getting an education so you can work normal hours? Would that be fair? Or would that be me judging you by my standards that aren’t appropriate to you?

People do the best they can with the resources they have available.

ccfc92

McDonalds or a Takeaway has always been a treat for my daughter really. Granted sometimes she won't have the most nutritious meals but it does piss me off when SOME people claim they can't afford to feed their kids properly but will happily spend much more on crap food that won't fill them up.

I remember seeing some parents moan their kid wouldn't sleep at night, he was wandering round with a bottle of coke at 9.30PM. Fuck sake.

Basically, the sort that shouldn't be allowed to breed 🤦‍♂️

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And I’m telling you that you’re far too harsh on people assuming everyone should be like you or they’re lazy. Maybe I think you’re lazy because you’re stuck doing manual Labour on long shifts rather than getting an education so you can work normal hours? Would that be fair? Or would that be me judging you by my standards that aren’t appropriate to you?

People differ physically. Some have lower red blood count than others and tire easily. People absorb nutrients at different rates. If Usain Bolt and Mo Farah are having a gentle jog but going faster than a fat guy really busting a gut and muscles full of lactic acid who is trying hard and who is being lazy?

Brighton Sky Blue

People differ physically. Some have lower red blood count than others and tire easily. People absorb nutrients at different rates. If Usain Bolt and Mo Farah are having a gentle jog but going faster than a fat guy really busting a gut and muscles full of lactic acid who is trying hard and who is being lazy?

To be fair I think he meant in terms of ‘can’t be arsed to cook’.

Marty

I'm not harsh on people and I don't think they should be like me, just don't claim to want something and then place every obstacle possible in the way as a reason to why you can't achieve that.

Whatever happens, you will always be able to cook cheaper, faster and healthier at home as opposed to a takeaway, if you want a takeaway, have one, just don't whinge about the healthy food not being easily accessible or easy to cook. You can do an omelette with veg, start to finish within 10 minutes, how long does it take to drive to a takeaway and back.

The supermarkets have made it so easy, you don't even need to peel veg now.

I have an education thank you, and I'm not stuck doing anything, I put those long hours in, whilst doing my apprenticeship so I could quickly get a deposit for a house.

Users who are viewing this thread