9 points off top. . .15 games still to play (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Christie is poor defensively, and Clarke hasn't played enough this season to develop. I think both would struggle in the championship at present.

It's quite funny really, I can remember a thread pre-season lauding Clarke and Hussey as the best fullbacks in the league, ones now playing league two football and the other's on the bench.

He is, but they did well last season, so my assumption is based off that, I think 1 of them is going to have become a winger or 1 of them will fall behind.

I don't think anyone could've predicted Hussey to have been so bad, 2 Championship clubs wanted him! :eek: now he's a Wimbledon! Does he even start?

Clarke & Christie would walk into most teams in this league.

Grendel

He is, but they did well last season, so my assumption is based off that, I think 1 of them is going to have become a winger or 1 of them will fall behind.

I don't think anyone could've predicted Hussey to have been so bad, 2 Championship clubs wanted him! :eek: now he's a Wimbledon! Does he even start?

What championship clubs wanted Hussey?

Grendel

This is the kind of arrogant tosh that gets a delusion of grandeur for the club. Based on what? Statistics or the fact they play for us. They lack defensive discipline and I doubt many clubs would look at them on current form.

You are falling into the trap that because we are a large club we have the better players. Look at what some said about Hussey. He clearly is barely good enough to be a professional player. Look at the guff around McDonald. He is 27 this year and still not established as a professional.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Christie is poor defensively, and Clarke hasn't played enough this season to develop. I think both would struggle in the championship at present.

It's quite funny really, I can remember a thread pre-season lauding Clarke and Hussey as the best fullbacks in the league, ones now playing league two football and the other's on the bench.
Yep I remember saying at the end of last season that I thought Clarke an Hussey would be one of the best full back pairings in the league 1, tbf I don't think I was that deluded in saying that at the time. Both players had decent second halfs of last season(especially Clarke who was one of the best performers with Norwood in the second half of the season) an I was of the opinion that at there age they would only get better with more games

Both players went backwards in there progression this season

shmmeee

If we go up we'll need two new CBs IMO. I think Clarke and Christie get an unfair amount of stick on here. They both get forward well and defend reasonably. I don't see many FBs do much better in this league.

Mucca Mad Boys

What they offered money and made a public bid?

They 'enquired', I don't know if it was rejected or our 'valuation' was too high etc.

If you want the full details, it's in the CET somewhere, sometime in July or August

skybluesam66

I think this is down to the pre MR regime, it certainly left its legacy for a long time... If we don't go up this season, I'm convinced we'll go p the next automatically, if not, winners :D

not really under robins we have lost 16 in 24 games . . at 2/3 of a point a game would still put us bottom but one

Jackoskyblue

The only stats that matter are how many we score compared to how many the other team score and the number that goes before our name on the table

Mucca Mad Boys

not really under robins we have lost 16 in 24 games . . at 2/3 of a point a game would still put us bottom but one

I'm saying there were, at the time, habits remaining from the 'ancient regime' e.g. dropping leads, conceding late goals, all of which have been minimalised under MR.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's important to note though we are now gaining points from losing positions pretty regularly which is something we have rarely done previously

Users who are viewing this thread