9 points off top. . .15 games still to play (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

What reason is that why we can't go up automatically?

We are as good as any team in this league, momentum is with us and if we aim for top 2 and fall short then it's play offs

Tranmere, Doncaster and brentford aren't as good as us in my opinion

WYKENSKYBLUE

With two of those still to play it remains a possibility. Agree that aim for autos and playoffs should be sorted. Until the maths say no its all to play for!

PUSB

rupert_bear

Tranmere is the only team we should be looking at, forget those around us, beat Yeovil and we start to create a gap with those below, automatic promotion has to be the goal.

CJparker

Not impossible of course, but don't get your hopes up too high - I think that automatic promotion is pretty unrealistic - a top 6 finish is far more likely though!

Grendel

If we win all our games we have 92 points which may not be enough.

Auto is unlikely but possible as everyone talks about how many points were needed in other seasons, but its all about this season not last and there are 15 teams who can make the top 6 because everyone is dropping points, except for us and Bournemouth at the moment.

More realistically we are in at least play off form now and that would be brilliant, but having been so far behind because of our terrible start we have a lot to do and maybe we will have to accept a good effort this year, strengthen in the summer and win league one next year.

SkyBlue_Bear83

for 2nd place we are probably looking at 85-88 points

Realistically we would have to win 12/13 out of 15 to get close

covcity4life

If we can beat those below us then its on

14-15 wins from next 15 and we win league!

Well know if were capable after yeovil game which looks tough

Jackoskyblue

Imagine sealing the autos last day of the season away at notts county with masses of the sky blue army invading the county ground ....

I'm going for a cold shower

We have 15 games left and have picked up 30 points in the last 15 games, so that would take us to 77 points which will equal play offs, so win all the home games and draw all the away.

tippex9

15 games ago we were 17 points off the top

It's going to be close.... Lol

skybluelee

We certainly won't catch Bournemouth. They are the only side to match us over the last 20-odd games and they are 5 pts clear with a game in hand.

Mucca Mad Boys

Couldnt agree more with that,

For me,

its Bournemouth and one other, who that will be, feck knows !

I think that candidate would be us; Swindon may 'self-destruct' because of the unstability ATM, Sheff U are doing shit, Brentford got battered, and I suspect they're in decline. What other candidate is there!?

Swindon, CCFC, Bournemouth and Donny/Tranny will be top 4, it depends the extent Swindon 'self-destruct', if Di Canio leaves - a real possibility - there're fucked big time!

Sba180

Not impossible. I think its a tough ask. Its 9 points now, but with games in hand and whatnot, its more like 18, if not more. Beating teams like swindon, brentford and bournemouth wouldn't hurt though

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think that candidate would be us; Swindon may 'self-destruct' because of the unstability ATM, Sheff U are doing shit, Brentford got battered, and I suspect they're in decline. What other candidate is there!?

Swindon, CCFC, Bournemouth and Donny/Tranny will be top 4, it depends the extent Swindon 'self-destruct', if Di Canio leaves - a real possibility - there're fucked big time!
I think one of Donny/Tranmere will finish top 2 with Bournemouth

With got a great chance of play offs now though with Swindon possibly screwed and Sheffield Utd in bad form

Mucca Mad Boys

I think one of Donny/Tranmere will finish top 2 with Bournemouth

With got a great chance of play offs now though with Swindon possibly screwed and Sheffield Utd in bad form

Out of those 2, it'll be Donny, I think if Swindon can hold it together, they will get in the top 2, unfortunately.

Greggs

I want another season in this league, its fun :pimp:

Mucca Mad Boys

How many points do you think we would need?

That's not the worry, there's a fixation on this 'points needed' nonsense, ALL you have to worry about is getting in the playoffs and staying there, moving up quickly.

Amount of points needed is different every year, it will below average this season, guaranteed.

Most teams in the playoffs ATM are in decline.

Last edited:

stupot07

That's not the worry, there's a fixation on this 'points needed' nonsense, ALL you have to worry about is getting in the playoffs and staying there, moving up quickly.

Amount of points needed is different every year, it will below average this season, guaranteed.

Most teams in the playoffs ATM are in decline.
I was talking about autos. And points do matter, it gives you an approximation of what is needed.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I reckon 85-88 points for auto, would need 12/13 wins probably

I'd take 6th place on GD right now, if we can get 30 points from last 15 which is achievable that will get us to 77 points which should be enough

Mucca Mad Boys

I was talking about autos. And points do matter, it gives you an approximation of what is needed.

There is an average, yes which would be used as a target, the best example for me is, 42 points to stay up in the prem, but teams have got relegated on 45 points.

The points needed differentiate every season, this season will be below average as there is no run away top 2 or top 6. I've said that from the off, in pre season etc. there has been a 'power vacuum', if you like, because the 3 best teams in that league got promoted.

Last edited:

Grendel

There is an average, yes which would be used as a target, the best example for me is, 42 points to stay up in the prem, but teams have got relegated on 45 points.

The points needed differentiate every season, this season will be below average as there is no run away top 2 or top 6, if Stevenage win all of their games in hand, they go 3rd or 4th (but they won't). I've said that from the off, in pre season etc. there has been a 'power vacuum', if you like, because the 3 best teams in that league got promoted.

Last season 90 points secured third place there were 3 runaway teams but 5th still had 80 points.

Mucca Mad Boys

Last season 90 points secured third place there were 3 runaway teams but 5th still had 80 points.

That was last season...

As I have said, since the 3 who got promoted this season, there has been a 'power vacuum'.

nicksig

Amazing to think that if wed beaten Carlisle and Shrewsbury at home wed be 3 points off the top

Users who are viewing this thread