87 cup final thread (1 Viewer)

Frank Sidebottom

It was a real showpiece occasion back in the day , it’s disgraceful
Yeah I remember in the 90s coverage started about 9am on the BBC and they'd show the whole build up, Interviews with managers, Team bus arriving, Highlights from each teams route to the final and all without McDonald's trying to make me buy a burger or Ray Winstone or Brian Blessed shouting at me to put a bet on. It was great.

SlowerThanPlatt

21of the players on the pitch are from the home nations. Compare that to just 5 in the 2019 final. Just shows how much the game has evolved at the top level whether that’s for the better or for the worse....

deludeddave123

Why did they need to change it?

Remember being on both BBC1 and ITV. Loved channel flicking between the two.

The FA Cup final was our own Super Bowl. How I miss all this.

Don't you mean BBC1 and Central? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ad97206ba9c408f33cf1564d9ed9976e--teenage-years-the-s.jpg

Tommo1993

From what I’m seeing, our players were there for a day out. The smiles from the players and Sillett and Curtis are nice to see. In the other camp, sour faced Pleat, serious Tottenham faces - like they absolutely can’t stand the fact we didn’t roll over and gave them a game.

Like the bunch of cunts you’d come up against at 5-a-side taking things way too seriously.

Gray

Never noticed before, but how come Spurs are missing sponsors on half their kits?

BornSlippySkyBlue

From what I’m seeing, our players were there for a day out. The smiles from the players and Sillett and Curtis are nice to see. In the other camp, sour faced Pleat, serious Tottenham faces - like they absolutely can’t stand the fact we didn’t roll over and gave them a game.

Like the bunch of cunts you’d come up against at 5-a-side taking things way too seriously.
I think it’s fair to say nobody outside of Coventry gave us much chance. When Allen’s goal went in I was convinced we were going to get hammered. Well, until Benno scored and then it felt like it was gonna be our day.

Nick

Administrator
The players seem to have so much time and space, is like the pitch is 5 times bigger

Tommo1993

“GARY MABBUTT’S KNEE”. Reminds me of going through the gates to the West Terrace. Was it a fanzine or something?

Users who are viewing this thread