8000 (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

You’ve not factored significant away following. 50% of home fans on average have not been season ticket holders when in the championship - in other words on average season ticket total doubled gives you roughly the attendance figure.

The away following is part of that 30%. Away followings jumped L2 -> L1 as well.

As for your second part: we’ve sold just under 8k STs. Two times 8 is 16 🤦‍♂️

Evo1883

I think we'd average closer to 20k than 16k personally with restrictions all lifted .

shmmeee

I think we'd average closer to 20k than 16k personally with restrictions all lifted .

Im hoping we’ll see a post pandemic boom TBH (plus all the plastics jumping on when we’re ten points clear at the top come Christmas obvs). But setting 20k as the bar to clear is setting us up to fail.

Evo1883

Yea I wouldn't pin any hopes on 20k ..

But its a tough one .

The club hasn't had 4 years of upward trend for years , fans have been away for a long while now too so will want to get back I'd imagine ...championship football for the first time In 10 /11 years .

It's actually quite hard to predict tbh .

I'd be content with 18000 but hope we get more towards 20,000 .

Id be a bit disappointed with 16000 if I'm honest

shmmeee

But its a tough one .

The club hasn't had 4 years of upward trend for years , fans have been away for a long while now too so will want to get back I'd imagine ...championship football for the first time In 10 /11 years .

My point is 16 is expected. Go beyond that great, but the trend is roughly 16k based on both ST sales and historical levels. I’d be curious to know what we’re budgeting for.

Evo1883

My point is 16 is expected. Go beyond that great, but the trend is roughly 16k based on both ST sales and historical levels. I’d be curious to know what we’re budgeting for.

Would be more sensible to budget for 16 then give more in January if things change

Brighton Sky Blue

My point was if the government set a 50% maximum attendance on football then that 16000 and that won’t be far off what our average was going to be. Unlike competitors who need 100% open to get their average of 30000 each week

It would also again be another year with a significant boost to our budget while others continue with reduced income.

NorthernWisdom

But its a tough one .

I'd have expected 20k more the season after promotion tbh, with full-on optimism. As it stands, it might all be a bit meh.

chiefdave

Incidentally I was at the Ricoh today....no work started on the Anecdote bar or our new club shop as yet.
Will we need to put in for planning permission if we're going to start knocking walls down and putting a new shop front in? Assume so as Wasps did for the bar.

Need to get a shift on if they hope to have it ready for next season.

fernandopartridge

The average gate next season will be 18k at least I'd suggest, assuming we do stay up of course

1. Post covid (hopefully) feel good factor both home and away attendance
2. General ascendancy of the club in recent years
3. Return to Ricoh on a positive deal bound

It's April and as good as 8k season tickets are sold, assuming all the memberships are converted to season tickets. This without any confirmation of fans even being able to attend.

JAM See

There'll be a few people scrabbling for those last 300 tonight!

Reactions: AOM

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Hate to say it playing in Coventry is no guarantee as we have always had fickle fans traditionally so if we could get 10000 S.T holders it would be a great start.
Yes agree. Crucially we've never been a club that had had high season ticket sales.

skybluesam66

I would expect STH to go to 10k by August (covid restrictions allowing)
Away followings with Birmingham/Derby/Stoke/Forest/sheff u/ west brom all probably bringing good followings - we should average 2k each

I would certainly expect 5k per game average on top of that with some "bandwagon" games as part of it
so 17k minimum

covcity4life

When can they add more? Havw to wait for more restrictions to be lifted?

If everyone gets a vaccine I can see most going to outdoor events if they used to before.

Users who are viewing this thread