8 points better off (1 Viewer)

edgy

Been following the downward trend for a while on that graph.

We are heading for a similar points total to last season.

Saddlebrains

I mean, it's turning four defeats into two wins and two draws. Having played 25 games, it means we've improved 15-20% of our results from last season.

Progression.

I'm not knocking it, of course, we've progressed, I was just taken aback that we arent as far ahead of last season as we all thought

rexo87

Quick calculation so could be slightly off. We only took 6 points from the next 9 games last season and 10 out of 13. Our next 10 or so games after the next 2 are fairly easy so i would expect the 8 point gap from last season to grow quite significantly

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

We're only 6 points off 17th......

giphy.gif

chiefdave

We're only halfway through the season so if you average that out over a whole season that would have been finishing 7th last year. Of course that relies on the second half of the season being similar to the first which is far from guaranteed, not least as we don't know the position we'll be in at the end of the transfer window.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We're only halfway through the season so if you average that out over a whole season that would have been finishing 7th last year. Of course that relies on the second half of the season being similar to the first which is far from guaranteed, not least as we don't know the position we'll be in at the end of the transfer window.

1643108300878.png

3 wins since we beat Fulham.

Bilge.

djr8369

I think once we get a win at home confidence will be restored and we might have another little run. Last two games the performances have been a lot better and still a few players to return from injury.

Londonccfcfan

I must say I was shocked when I saw that on Twitter, We're only 8 points better off than the same stage last year?

Not that much really considering the start we had, is it?

Anyone else slightly shocked by that?

No not really. We had a good run Nov/December last year went on 6 game unbeaten run which more than what we have done this season. And topped that off with some good results in January notably Millwall away.

The goal difference is about +15/20 better id imagine.

Come back to this in 5 to 6 weeks and the gap will be back to at least 15/20 points.

CDK

I think once we get a win at home confidence will be restored and we might have another little run. Last two games the performances have been a lot better and still a few players to return from injury.
I'm not worried as we look to be getting near our A game just need to sharpen up in the penalty boxes.

Skyblueweeman

View attachment 23636

3 wins since we beat Fulham.

Bilge.

FIne margins though, isn't it. We've drawn more games than we've lost and our defeats have all only been by 1 goal. Not as if we're getting turned over.

Things do need to improve and we need to stop the slide but every team goes through a blip. We're good enough to come out of this blip and start heading North again in the table.

I'd like to see a return to Waghorn and Gyo upfront together for the next few games. Not got the stats to back this up but just seemed like Gyo was more succesful when playing with Waghorn. Now they're back from injury, hopefully we'll be ok again.

steve cooper

It was only about three weeks ago that people were starting threads saying how well us and Robins were doing.

´Yeah but we beat Fulham 4-1.´

We have been shite for ages. Again, only 4 goals from midfield all season, two of which have come in the last two games.
Our midfield does need to get more goals, but the midfield and the defence combined (including the wing backs) have 11, which is one third of our goals. Considering we have (had) 4 strikers all weighing in with goals that sounds about the right ratio to me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Our midfield does need to get more goals, but the midfield and the defence combined (including the wing backs) have 11, which is one third of our goals. Considering we have (had) 4 strikers all weighing in with goals that sounds about the right ratio to me.

It is nowhere near enough mate.

Godiva

This is from november:

We have won most of our games at home to bottom half teams. What happens when we meet them away?
So far the 'fluke' is the trashing of Fullham. Apart from that, we don't really look like we belong in the top 6.

View attachment 22837

Since then we have only managed to beat Peterborough.

We are not a top 6 team. It will take a few seasons to get there.

SAJ

I'm not knocking it, of course, we've progressed, I was just taken aback that we arent as far ahead of last season as we all thought
I think we’ve progressed quite a bit. This time last season we had taken 38.6% of points available. Presently we have 49.3% of points available. I accept we are on quite a downward trend but well ahead of last year presently.
To put it in prospective if we carry on at the same percentage rate we will get 68 points, far more than I expected at the start of the season.

SkyBlueMatt

It is nowhere near enough mate.
Blackburn - 47 goals / Brereton 20 goals + Gallagher 6 goals + Proveda 1 goal = 57% goal by strikers

Fulham - 73 goals / Mitrovic 27 goals + Reid 3 goals + Cavaleiro 2 goals + Muniz 4 goals = 49%

Bournemouth - 43 goals / Solanke 18 goals + Lowe 2 + Rodgers 1 + Anthony 6 = 63% goals by strikers

I disagree, of course I'd like our midfield to chip in a bit more but our ratio isnt that far off the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Blackburn - 47 goals / Brereton 20 goals + Gallagher 6 goals + Proveda 1 goal = 57% goal by strikers

Fulham - 73 goals / Mitrovic 27 goals + Reid 3 goals + Cavaleiro 2 goals + Muniz 4 goals = 49%

Bournemouth - 43 goals / Solanke 18 goals + Lowe 2 + Rodgers 1 + Anthony 6 = 63% goals by strikers

I disagree, of course I'd like our midfield to chip in a bit more but our ratio isnt that far off the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My point is entirely about the midfield.

Not sure what you are going on about to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread