5-3-2 (3 Viewers)

Kieranp96

Only one issue playing the formation and that's lack of depth with our current injuries, if we played 5 at the back we would have to get a young lad out of the academy to be a back up cb about that Morgan Williams ain't half bad, would take alot of restructuring I would be sticking 433 and switching it up of it's not working each game.
Also I would be changing formation depending on opponents and where the game is being played.

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought we really suited this shape. In the first half, Bakayoko was so isolated, and our midfield had no movement.

I’ll outline a few reasons why I liked this shape:

- Strength in depth at full back: Mason, Dabo and McCallum are all fullbacks who play like wingbacks and are good at getting forward. Getting them higher up the pitch will help out.

- The back 3: McFadzean started off badly when he came on, but I think all 3 of those are a good combination for us. Having 3 CBs should create more of a presence at set-pieces in defence and attack. Also, with 3 at the back, I think the extra central option will perhaps prevent some of lot of silly defensive mistakes we make when passing the ball around.

- Lack of wingers: back luck with injuries means we probably need to pause playing 4-3-3 for a while

- Our strikers: None of them seem to suit a lone striker role, I’d like to see Hiwula and Gooden upfront in this system to see if they can stretch teams by running into space. I thought Biamou did alright when we came on too and Baka got a goal so my first impressions is that this could work. Either way, I believe with the options we have atm, playing 2 strikers is the best way to go right now. Kastaneer could even slot in at that position too.

- Midfield: 3 CBs probably allows the CMs, particularly O’Hare, more freedom going forward

I really enjoyed last night, the first half was rubbish and Marosi kept it from being 2 or 3-0 down going into HT. Fair play to Robins for mixing it up and it worked. I was sceptical, but open minded about it and I can definitely see a future playing 5-3-2 and the most pleasing aspect of the 2nd half performance was that it appeared to me that we’ve trained using this setup too.

The leadership Kelly, and perhaps McFadzean to lesser extent, offer is invaluable to this team. I felt like we really lacked leadership and direction in that first half. For me, Kelly is that general who did simple things to keep us on the ball and to keep momentum on our side!

Mucca Mad Boys

Only one issue playing the formation and that's lack of depth with our current injuries, if we played 5 at the back we would have to get a young lad out of the academy to be a back up cb about that Morgan Williams ain't half bad, would take alot of restructuring I would be sticking 433 and switching it up of it's not working each game.

I generally agree with tactical continuity, but Robins will recognise we need to be adaptable. We have a lack of winger and Bakayoko was not fairing well upfront on his own, and going forward we need either a CAM or another striker to support him upfront.

The armchair manager in me was thinking about 4-2-3-1 going into HT, but given the circumstances, I think 5-3-2 suits us perfectly for now whilst players regain their fitness.

Beating Fleetwood was a very good result, it was massive for the team.

Kieranp96

I generally agree with tactical continuity, but Robins will recognise we need to be adaptable. We have a lack of winger and Bakayoko was not fairing well upfront on his own, and going forward we need either a CAM or another striker to support him upfront.

The armchair manager in me was thinking about 4-2-3-1 going into HT, but given the circumstances, I think 5-3-2 suits us perfectly for now whilst players regain their fitness.

Beating Fleetwood was a very good result, it was massive for the team.
Was a great result but I fear the worst going into Saturday Peterborough are deadly in there current form and I feel a bad day in our offices is on the cards, I was also hoping he switched it up to two.up front but I would rather hiwalu paired with biamou/baka than 2 big number 9s I must say though biamou proved Saturday he can do it at this level and he even shocked me a bit with his sprint I had to double check it was him the speed he was moving.

Mucca Mad Boys

Was a great result but I fear the worst going into Saturday Peterborough are deadly in there current form and I feel a bad day in our offices is on the cards, I was also hoping he switched it up to two.up front but I would rather hiwalu paired with biamou/baka than 2 big number 9s I must say though biamou proved Saturday he can do it at this level and he even shocked me a bit with his sprint I had to double check it was him the speed he was moving.

I really like this 4-3-3, but the last few games we’ve not scored. Based on what I saw last night (I’ve only seen highlight over the last few weeks with rugby, work and travelling), we didn’t look like creating any chances at all in the first half.

We need to worry about ourselves first, and if we don’t score, the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw, which is unlikely because of P’boro’s form.

Ultimately, I trust Robins, and my guess is that he’ll stick with 5-3-2 because it gives us a bit more balance and the best chance of getting a result.

Gint11

I’m hoping MR makes a statement of intent and goes 5-3-2 at Peterboro. We should be too. But I think he will go one up top and go more defensive because of their front 3. We will aee

Users who are viewing this thread