5-3-2 (2 Viewers)

jackdg

So... does 5-3-2 become plan A now? At least until Jodi Jones is back and fully fit

cc84cov

Dabo & McCallum/Mason are perfect wingbacks to use for it,it retains a 3 man midfield & allows Us 2 upfront we don’t have the wingers to play 433 Jobello is done & Hiwula is shit...

532 looked to really suit us today

Marosi
Dabo Rose McFadzean hyam McCallum
Westbrooke kelly O’Hare
Godden Baka/Biamou

Reactions: TTG

Saddlebrains

It turned us from Barnet into Barca this evening so why not run with it? More a 3 5 2 i feel, but feel with the players we have available at the mo it could work.

Marosi
Rose Mcfadz Hyam
Dabo McCallum
Westbrooke Kelly Ohare

Biamou Godden

Subs - Wilson, Watson, Shipley, Walsh, Kastaneer, Hiwula, Baka

Edit- the layout looks wrong with Mcallum and Dabo but you get it

PVA

With Jobello out and Hiwula/Kastaneer not in any form we are struggling for wingers so it may be that it's the best formation for us. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday but I suspect MR will return to 4-3-3.

Liquid Gold

Although it was more like

----------------Marosi
-----Hyam - McFadz - Rose
Dabo------------------------McCallum
---------Kelly - Westbrook
--------------O'Hare
----------Baka - Biamou

Gibbo

Are we sure this is the way to go against Posh on Saturday tho'?
Mind you are playing resources may force us into it

Gibbo

----------------Marosi
--------------O'Hare
----------Baka - Biamou
That makes more sense - O'Hare is best in the pocket

lord_garrincha

I'm hoping it's a similar result from when we played Luton in League 2 when they were trashing everyone, then we smash them!

cc84cov

With Jobello out and Hiwula/Kastaneer not in any form we are struggling for wingers so it may be that it's the best formation for us. Will be interesting to see how we line up on Saturday but I suspect MR will return to 4-3-3.
If we do I feel we will get destroyed by Peterborough

ccfc1234

----------------Marosi
--------------O'Hare
----------Baka - Biamou
Walsh for Westbrook and Godden up top and this looks something like our best team. Walsh is more comfortable and skilful on the ball than Westbrook and Godden is better than Baka and Max.
Looking forward to Saturday.

cc84cov

If it gets O'Hare in a more attacking central position, Kelly back in and two up top I'm all for it. Would love to see Godden next to Biamou if Max plays like he did tonight.
Godden would thrive of being played in a 2 As he as most his career

Anyone know when he’s back ???

Reactions: TTG

CanadianCCFC

We have no chance of getting anything from Peterborough if we set up to defend. 3-5-2 would be best, it puts everyone in their best positions (O’Hare and McCallum particularly) and gives us a chance to score.

cc84cov

We have no chance of getting anything from Peterborough if we set up to defend. 3-5-2 would be best, it puts everyone in their best positions (O’Hare and McCallum particularly) and gives us a chance to score.
Peterborough goal difference of +18 already agree with your post mate 433 there we will
Get hammered

ccfchoi87

----------------Marosi
--------------O'Hare
----------Baka - Biamou

It was this when Walsh was on (in Kelly’s role on your diagram). When Kelly came on they switched to Saddlebrains diagram

mark82

Yeah, I think so. It's adaptable so could become a back 5 if necessary, as opposed to advanced wing backs like we saw today. Having the 2 up front gives us more of an outlet.

covcity4life

Going against this juggernaut i wouldnt mind playing with 3 cbs tbh

Avoid defeat and we will be promoted its that simple*

*Its not that simple rly anything could happen its only october u pricks

pusbccfc

Was definitely more 3-5-2. McCallum was so far forward at times.

rob9872

Hiwula is not shit you muppet. He's lost confidence ans rightly taken off, but he hasmt scored the goals he's managed by accident. He too would've thrived next to Max and if Baka had come off at HT nobody would've complained, thankfully he repaid the decision to keep him on. God some are so reactionary I do wonder what people see.

robbiekeane

Hiwula is not shit you muppet. He's lost confidence ans rightly taken off, but he hasmt scored the goals he's managed by accident. He too would've thrived next to Max and if Baka had come off at HT nobody would've complained, thankfully he repaid the decision to keep him on. God some are so reactionary I do wonder what people see.
He’s dog shit. He’s been dog shit all season. His touch is terrible and his finishing is woeful. His work ethic is shit also and his head drops easily. Doesn’t chase things down.

other than that yeh he’s alright

Paul Anthony

Have we found the plan B we've been needing? Certainly the system change made a major difference tonight, and it can't do any harm being able to change between the 4-3-3 and this, keep our opposition on their toes a bit. I wouldn't mind us keeping this system for now, see how it develops.

mark82

Have we found the plan B we've been needing? Certainly the system change made a major difference tonight, and it can't do any harm being able to change between the 4-3-3 and this, keep our opposition on their toes a bit. I wouldn't mind us keeping this system for now, see how it develops.

I would use it as plan A against Peterborough to give us more protection at the back. Also sounds like Hiwula was injured and that forced the change of system (as well as the need to do something different) so depending on his status we may be forced into this system anyway.

Kasteneer can also play the role that O'Hare plays so gives us good backup and I think his style would suit that position more than on the wing.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

I liked how we looked with this in the second half but the real worry is that we run the risk of all 3 centre backs being exposed at once and no quality cover on the bench if one get injured. I feel we would need 5 first team quality CBs to play this formation on a regular basis.

Great Plan B though

ceetee

If we are going to rely on our FBs to be our attacking wide threat, whether we call them wing backs or not, I think we need 3 x CBs.
As we saw in the days of Grimmer, when he got forward no-one covered across and he got knackered getting back to cover himself.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I liked how we looked with this in the second half but the real worry is that we run the risk of all 3 centre backs being exposed at once and no quality cover on the bench if one get injured. I feel we would need 5 first team quality CBs to play this formation on a regular basis.

Great Plan B though

I think with three at the back we could probably get away with bringing in Williams or Drysdale for the odd game if one of the first choice three were out. There is also Pask to come back, but no idea how long he's due to be out for.

RegTheDonk

Thankfully, MR was reactionary last night.

no_loyalty

Robins said that the Hiwula change was enforced due to him having an ankle injury, but I agree he has lost confidence somewhat.

rob9872

Robins said that the Hiwula change was enforced due to him having an ankle injury, but I agree he has lost confidence somewhat.
It could be true, but I suspect that was damage limitation and protecting his player publicly.

Colin Steins Smile

I feel that 3-5-2 does give us more cover against a counter attacking team. I've seen numerous occasions this season when our full backs have been overlapping forwards and we lose possession, leaving only the two central defenders behind. This has made us look vulnerable to a team that sits back

Legia Sky Blue

Great Plan B though

Both Drysdale and Williams look promising enough to step in if one of the 3 centre backs got injured. In fact it could make it easier for them to progress into the team if they have 2 more experienced partners alongside them than just the one. With the players available to us at this time, and with the dual threat of Eisa & Toney on Saturday, I think that it would be wise to stick with 3 centre backs for that particular match.

Kieranp96

Only one issue playing the formation and that's lack of depth with our current injuries, if we played 5 at the back we would have to get a young lad out of the academy to be a back up cb about that Morgan Williams ain't half bad, would take alot of restructuring I would be sticking 433 and switching it up of it's not working each game.

Users who are viewing this thread