48 hours away from expulsion / New Ricoh Talks! (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

The point is don't pass on what your told unless you know its true, as for Joe Cole what did he do and who wanted him here.

I guess its shite as you have not backed up the statement, are you Dale Evans?

don't agree, people should post rumours, I enjoy reading them. I think most people are sensible enough to not take them too seriously.

Terry Gibson's perm

the club has just tweeted that the Butts ticket office will be closed Monday and Wednesday which is curious as they don't currently have anything to sell us?
Are they expecting to be doing some business next week?

While they sort out the new ground map

Sky Blue Harry H

the club has just tweeted that the Butts ticket office will be closed Monday and Wednesday which is curious as they don't currently have anything to sell us?
Agreed. Bit of a strange one. Staff there will effectively have nothing/little to do whilst there is this impasse.

no_loyalty

Yes, very strange unless an imminent announcement is on the way?

ccfcway

Why is it strange that a ticket office that doesn’t have tickets to sell tweeting it’s closed and not selling tickets ?

Terry_dactyl

Why is it strange that a ticket office that doesn’t have tickets to sell tweeting it’s closed and not selling tickets ?
I guess because anybody interested in buying tickets from the ticket office that doesn’t have tickets to sell, would know that it doesn’t have any tickets to sell.

Great_Expectations

Don’t shoot the messenger, I have no evidence or real basis for this, but I’ve heard from 3/4 different sources that SISU are negotiating for 49% of the Ricoh, which was initially looking positive but potentially not anymore.

I don’t know how that works in reality or any details, but as I’ve heard it from a few sources I felt it worth sharing.

NorthernWisdom

Don’t shoot the messenger, I have no evidence or real basis for this, but I’ve heard from 3/4 different sources that SISU are negotiating for 49% of the Ricoh, which was initially looking positive but potentially not anymore.

I don’t know how that works in reality or any details, but as I’ve heard it from a few sources I felt it worth sharing.
I won't shoot you, but nor do I believe it ;) I suspect their sources are all the same origin.

skybluetony176

You would think that there’s got to be a reason it’s taking so long. Surely if it was just roll forward another season that would be a pretty simple process so I’m assuming that something longer term is being negotiated with more access to revenue.

NorthernWisdom

It's not really taking that long though is it, if they only started talking a couple of weeks ago.

Does make you wonder, however, what happened to the claim it had to be done quickly because the heads of terms with another club would expire otherwise. We must be fairly confident though as we need to sell some season tickets *eventually*

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I agree with you i don't know how that works in reality either. I think it is just another internet rumour with no real substance. Why would SISU want 49% it gives them no control not even sure it gives them any right to income but it would cost a significant sum. It is unlikely that SISU would offer anything like the value wasps would want or need. They (wasps) certainly wouldn't want to relinquish any income related to rugby. The rumour makes no sense to me at all.

Simply do not need to own "the Ricoh" (whatever that means you own) to gain access to income

I think the only deal on the table is a short term rental one hopefully with access to match day incomes. Why that takes so long to sort out i can only guess.

skybluegod

It's not really taking that long though is it, if they only started talking a couple of weeks ago.

Does make you wonder, however, what happened to the claim it had to be done quickly because the heads of terms with another club would expire otherwise. We must be fairly confident though as we need to sell some season tickets *eventually*

Well i would suggests the deadline to get deal done is likely the day of the rearranged EFL meeting. Which is probably the date the heads of terms expire.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
think the heads of terms were in place before the EFL meeting was postponed so the two might not coincide. But heads of terms are only an agreed intention and usually not binding on either party. By the 29th i suspect the EFL will want to see signed contracts. To be honest though i am not sure why the HoT's are time critical other than with the EFL deadlines set. The other club is always going to take precedence in terms of arranging games etc so leaving us to fit in around that if a ground share happens. Just seems to be a way to increase pressure, concern and panic amongst the fans, i doubt it would have much effect on wasps they already own a ground and the ability to look for alternative incomes - of course depends if that is possible, but we have been here before when we were told there were no alternatives

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I agree with you i don't know how that works in reality either. I think it is just another internet rumour with no real substance. Why would SISU want 49% it gives them no control not even sure it gives them any right to income but it would cost a significant sum. It is unlikely that SISU would offer anything like the value wasps would want or need. They (wasps) certainly wouldn't want to relinquish any income related to rugby. The rumour makes no sense to me at all.

Simply do not need to own "the Ricoh" (whatever that means you own) to gain access to income

I think the only deal on the table is a short term rental one hopefully with access to match day incomes. Why that takes so long to sort out i can only guess.
Could I possibly be that for 50/50 we’d need to buy into the debt?

If not SISU take 49% debt free but cede control, and get 100% football income and 49% split revenue? Wasps keep rugby revenue?

Not saying it would be cheap like, but that would be fair

Great_Expectations

I won't shoot you, but nor do I believe it ;) I suspect their sources are all the same origin.

Thanks!

Yes, I initially thought the same but after a little more digging I know at least two of the sources are different, one of who works for the club. Again, not intending to fan the flames of internet rumours, only sharing what I’ve heard.

And for the record I don’t see how it could work either!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The trouble with this rumour is that no one has been clear as to what "buying 49% of the Ricoh" actually means.

Is it incomes shared 49% if so which incomes?
Is it 49% of the net profit from the match day incomes ?
Is it buying 49% of IEC Experience Limited which is the catering and events company ?
is it 49% of ACL which owns IEC but also receives rent ?
is it 49% of the lease valued at £60m?
is it some brand new joint venture company to cover the relationship shared 49:51?

It all costs to varying degrees, and doesn't stop CCFC having to agree a rent. Pretty certain Wasps rugby pay rent so quite unlikely that CCFC would not

Also as nothing has been disclosed so far because of the non disclosure agreement in place how do these, i assume peripheral, people know? For them to know and to be spreading it far and wide jeopardises any agreement

clint van damme

think the heads of terms were in place before the EFL meeting was postponed so the two might not coincide. But heads of terms are only an agreed intention and usually not binding on either party. By the 29th i suspect the EFL will want to see signed contracts. To be honest though i am not sure why the HoT's are time critical other than with the EFL deadlines set. The other club is always going to take precedence in terms of arranging games etc so leaving us to fit in around that if a ground share happens. Just seems to be a way to increase pressure, concern and panic amongst the fans, i doubt it would have much effect on wasps they already own a ground and the ability to look for alternative incomes - of course depends if that is possible, but we have been here before when we were told there were no alternatives

they certainly weren't binding in the case of CCC.

Reactions: vow

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
also wasps have given the "ricoh" as security to the bond 100%. If SISU are not going to be part of that security that means that wasps must find something to replace the 49% they are selling to make sure the bond is fully covered. Alternatively the proceeds of sale would need to be sufficient to pay down the bond to balance the security requirement. That would be early repayment of the bond so would not be £1 for £1 because the bond terms set a premium for early repayment currently around 5%. Wasps are not going to go out borrow more to do that so that means the sale proceeds would need to cover it. £35m x 49% x 1.05 = approx 18m proceeds but that ignores possible tax costs.

All that to buy in to something that doesn't make big profits in the first place and might not guarantee income?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
they certainly weren't binding in the case of CCC.

not in any HoT's unless there is a clause agreed within them that the terms will be. Which is why the whole thing about relying on "we agreed HoT's" is a nonsense - they were not binding on either side

Grendel

There’s about as much chance of wasps and sisu agreeing a share arrangement as there is finding Elvis on the moon.

SkyBlueDom26

Robins saying we should all be excited..
Now rumours that SISU are in negotiations to buy half the ricoh...
Are sisu now going to step up and invest more money in the team with more Rev generated from buying half the Ricoh?

Makes sense to me

Nick

Administrator
Jimmy Hill Way has piped up.

Usually a signal something is happening. Some of the others as well!

Liquid Gold

Jimmy Hill Way has piped up.

Usually a signal something is happening. Some of the others as well!
Let me guess, he's said

"After careful consideration of my position I've decided that supporting the team is the most pressing matter, for that reason I await the announcement of a deal to stay at the home of Coventry City, the Ricoh arena,and look forward to buying my season ticket"

Nick

Administrator
What have they said?

It's now 2 weeks since announcement of talks between @Coventry_City and @WaspsRugby about @RicohArena deal for next season. Just 3 weeks until @EFL meeting to decide on Expulsion or Exile for #SkyBlues. Concern is that no news may not be good news. #SOSB

Basically just trying to stir something up.

Then his mate is using one of his weird accounts to try and stir it up some more. Judging by his previous comments on people who go to games and season ticket holders, he wont be rushing to get anything either. He can fuck off back to Cov Utd as well.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Basically just trying to stir something up.

Then his mate is using one of his weird accounts to try and stir it up some more. Judging by his previous comments on people who go to games and season ticket holders, he wont be rushing to get anything either. He can fuck off back to Cov Utd as well.
Future post “wasps bending over to help the club again and yet again SISU refusing a fair deal.... 10 million a year is totally reasonable”

Massive tool

Users who are viewing this thread