48 hours away from expulsion / New Ricoh Talks! (1 Viewer)

BobbyDazzler

I think the majority have heard that talks are positive. That doesn't mean Wasps aren't/won't move goalposts.
Do people think SISU will actually drop legal action? I just can’t see that myself. It’d be great to finally concentrate solely on football and not politics.

RoboCCFC90

Coventry City Football Club can confirm that it is still in discussions with Wasps Holdings Limited regarding extending our current license to play at the Ricoh Arena.

There have been a few hurdles along the way, but we are all working hard, and are continuing to work hard, to overcome these and reach an agreement to play at the Ricoh Arena, therefore avoiding the need to groundshare.

Details of discussions with Wasps Holdings Limited are confidential at this stage, due to mutually signed confidentiality agreements, and we will update fans as soon as we are able to do so.

I take two things from this;

1) One side is putting obstacles of some sort, you would imagine Wasps.

2) There is no mention of the alternative option, is it still available, what is the short period of time that it’s likely to be an option for, what happens should CCFC/Wasps talks fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Do people think SISU will actually drop legal action? I just can’t see that myself. It’d be great to finally concentrate solely on football and not politics.

Technically there is no legal action from SISU at present since the judgment was delivered in court, hence why talks have been able to happen between CCFC and Wasps.

BobbyDazzler

Technically there is no legal action from SISU at present since the judgment was delivered in court, hence why talks have been able to happen between CCFC and Wasps.

But will they start another? I guess that’s my point. I sincerely hope not.

RoboCCFC90

Not sure where they can go with it tbh, they could submit a fresh appeal on new grounds, but can’t see the point of that.

They can’t appeal the current decision to Luxembourg as it has to have reasonable doubt in a UK court which it don’t.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

That would be one of the more farcical things to buy into in this whole charade. 'oh look, there's no legal action *now* so there never will be right? Ha ha ha'

Next we'll be offering money for the club based on fuiture player sales that may or may not happen...

better days

The Vodaphone tie up might actually be good news for us
I've not heard anything but Coventry City are on the up and has a good profile - something Vodaphone might want to get involved with
We'll see soon enough but if the stadium is being upgraded (I guess it may be 'The Vodaphone' shortly) it must be good for us, especially if money is to be spent on the playing surface

Reactions: vow

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure where they can go with it tbh, they could submit a fresh appeal on new grounds, but can’t see the point of that.

They can’t appeal the current decision to Luxembourg as it has to have reasonable doubt in a UK court which it don’t.

I think any further judicial review would have to be on something current. Rules are attached below. Time limit is usually 3 months after the event or grounds took place

Practical Law UK Signon

Its hard to think of grounds linking the Ricoh and Wasps in to it and judicial reviews are to challenge public bodies not private companies. If there were grounds for a new appeal on the first cases then i suspect they would now be out of time and even weaker than the original weak cases

As i understand it the chances of an English court referring the latest case to Luxembourg are pretty much over. Could SISU go direct to the European Court, as i understand it then it might be possible but unlikely. If they did then the time European Courts take to hear cases would mean this rumbling on for many years

Only place i can see they could go is the civil route, arguing that their businesses and investments have been unduly and deliberately hampered by the actions of others. That would be costly time consuming and messy. Going to be hard to prove that SISU were not in control of their investments or businesses and therefore the main driver in any decisions concerning CCFC , or that others were not entitled to make the decisions they did independent of CCFC or SISU. Any action has to distress Wasps i would think so grounds are even more restricted

Like you say i cant see the point, or it being successful.

I do however suspect that the reason for any delay in a new deal is that further court action is being considered and that SISU are not prepared to provide assurance that they will not take that route and put the dispute to bed so wont agree any deal just yet

RoboCCFC90

That would be one of the more farcical things to buy into in this whole charade. 'oh look, there's no legal action *now* so there never will be right? Ha ha ha'

Next we'll be offering money for the club based on fuiture player sales that may or may not happen...

I would say based on historical points of reference we haven't seen the end of legal action, but I don't think anything will happen until discussions between Wasps and CCFC find their conclusion.

rob9872

Unfortunately I think this is one of those cases where no news is not good news :(

RoboCCFC90

The Vodaphone tie up might actually be good news for us
I've not heard anything but Coventry City are on the up and has a good profile - something Vodaphone might want to get involved with
We'll see soon enough but if the stadium is being upgraded (I guess it may be 'The Vodaphone' shortly) it must be good for us, especially if money is to be spent on the playing surface

I agree with you BD, take Wasps away from the thinking and the Vodafone deal will be very good for the Ricoh, fans and businesses locally.

rob9872

The thing that makes me a bit more hopeful Rob is the positive comments Robins has been making recently after his meeting with Joy Seppala
I hope you're right although he will toe the party line as he is a non-exec board member of Otium ;)

Edit - not sure how that works as non-exec usually means not employed by - perhaps OSB can shed some light as I may have this confused. I understand he's on the board, but has no shares I think if what I'm told is right, but tbh way above my head!

wince

I think any further judicial review would have to be on something current. Rules are attached below. Time limit is usually 3 months after the event or grounds took place

Practical Law UK Signon

Its hard to think of grounds linking the Ricoh and Wasps in to it and judicial reviews are to challenge public bodies not private companies. If there were grounds for a new appeal on the first cases then i suspect they would now be out of time and even weaker than the original weak cases

As i understand it the chances of an English court referring the latest case to Luxembourg are pretty much over. Could SISU go direct to the European Court, as i understand it then it might be possible but unlikely. If they did then the time European Courts take to hear cases would mean this rumbling on for many years

Only place i can see they could go is the civil route, arguing that their businesses and investments have been unduly and deliberately hampered by the actions of others. That would be costly time consuming and messy. Going to be hard to prove that SISU were not in control of their investments or businesses and therefore the main driver in any decisions concerning CCFC , or that others were not entitled to make the decisions they did independent of CCFC or SISU. Any action has to distress Wasps i would think so grounds are even more restricted

Like you say i cant see the point, or it being successful.

I do however suspect that the reason for any delay in a new deal is that further court action is being considered and that SISU are not prepared to provide assurance that they will not take that route and put the dispute to bed so wont agree any deal just yet
Which would make sense as to why the council vote on Rioch matters was voted for by all , meaning if Sisu want to go after someone in the civil court , they would have to take them all to court

chiefdave

Can’t wait for the virtual Sky Blue Belles (whatever happened to them?)

View attachment 12167
Why do all Wasps sponsorship deals seem to not involve them getting any money? First it was the WiFi with Ericsson and now getting a decent phone signal with Vodafone.

You could get the impression that Wasps don’t have the money to carry out the required works themselves.

Nick

Administrator
I hope you're right although he will toe the party line as he is a non-exec board member of Otium ;)

Edit - not sure how that works as non-exec usually means not employed by - perhaps OSB can shed some light as I may have this confused. I understand he's on the board, but has no shares I think if what I'm told is right, but tbh way above my head!

Is he?

bradwellskyblues

vodaphone deal with wasps looks good deal but lets not forget land rover have walked away from them and only last summer compass did the same. they have been looking for a stadium sponsor for some time but not found one.
like everyone the delay is worrying and i am unconvinced by the "no news is good news" line

Alkhen

*Puts tin foil Hat on*

What if Kyle McFadzean only signed for us knowing that he wouldn't have to uproot his family from Burton as we will play there next year

oucho

I worked at their head office at Newbury and was amazed by how many people called it "Vodaphone", despite 'Vodafone' being a well-known brandname in this country for over 20 years.

SkyBlueCRJ

Unfortunately I think this is one of those cases where no news is not good news :(

Not necessarily. I think both the club and us as fans were naive to think talks would be concluded swiftly. Realistically talks were never going to be straightforward given the level of toxicity between the club, SISU and Wasps. Years of bad blood doesn't simply get washed away overnight. I'm sure after all the legals Wasps probably want their pound of flesh. In what form that is in I can only speculate but even from the short statement issued by the club a few days ago it's clear there have already been several speed bumps during the discussions.

Regardless, we can speculate all we like why the talks are dragging but it's a waste of time as none of us will know anything until there's an announcement. We have the NDA's on both sides to thank for that. It's frustrating and therefore understandable why fans are getting twitchy but that's the reality of it unfortunately. All we can do is wait.

rob9872

I can only find Fisher & Laura Deering listed now so I'm even more confused :(

Users who are viewing this thread