4 things needed for a successful team (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Agree, we got 19K at Christmas, didn't we?

Anyone who thinks a successful Cov team with genuine hope playing good foitball in the championship wouldn't attract 20k. Are either on the wind up or they know we won't be in a stadium with a 20k capacity

Gazolba

Sticking my head above the parapet waiting to be shot at, and looking at the success of Leicester and Burton. I believe there are 4 things a football club needs to be successful.
<snip>

Look at any very successful football club and you'll find they all have a really really good goal-keeper. Leicester are no exception.

Sky Blue Kid

Thanks to oldfiver for finding these stats, which prove from 1964 to 1981(When HR went all seater) City Attendance figures were well in excess of 25k and even hitting 33k Average consistently. Turning HR into all seater(approx22-23k max after segregation of away fans) For the next 10 years gates dropped to 16k average, which in a 22k stadium is bloody good. From 96 to moving to the Ricoh gates were pretty much maximum 20k+ ;)

rightumpty

Here we go...... Quote[You for real? 20,000 in the Championship? Unquote]..... The gates I've shown you are our home gates against the teams shown for the season 2007-08. FACT! As for being old enough to remember HR.... Let's say I think I can just about remember it. Don't let my name on this forum fool you...Sonny ;) 2007-08 season was when SISU showed their true colours of selling everything that wasn't nailed down, Hence the decline in Home Gates ever since. I will re-iterate what Rightumpty has already stated and btw didn't deserve such a "Twatish reply". "There is potential of 20000 plus given promotion to the Championship." Why shouldn't that be achieved? We did it in 2007-08 season!

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Highfield Road and George Hudson, Willie Carr, Frank Kletzenbaur, Ronnie Rees and crowds of 40000 plus when we were going well.

Rodders1

I mentioned before that it would be awesome to have safe standing. Obviously we don't own our ground so will never happen. But I seriously think that it would be a big hit with fans.

Reckon our gates would increase massively and the atmosphere / support would be great.

Steve.B50

I mentioned before that it would be awesome to have safe standing. Obviously we don't own our ground so will never happen. But I seriously think that it would be a big hit with fans.

Reckon our gates would increase massively and the atmosphere / support would be great.

Am not so sure, I think we have gone past the safe standing idea and lets face it if anyone wants to stand at a game they just do so.

clint van damme

It's getting trialed at Celtic next season, (will hold around 2,500, ST holders only). However, Scottish clubs aren't bound by the same law that makes it compulsory to have all seater stadium in England but if it works I'm sure it will get rolled out south of the border.

Users who are viewing this thread