4 things needed for a successful team (1 Viewer)

rightumpty

Sticking my head above the parapet waiting to be shot at, and looking at the success of Leicester and Burton. I believe there are 4 things a football club needs to be successful.
Firstly FANS. We have them in abundance although most of them are becoming disillusioned after year on year of hope and disappointment.There is potential of 20000 plus given promotion to the Championship.
Second TEAM. We don't appear to be quite there at present but if we should for once stop selling our best players then I firmly believe we are not too far away. Lets hope we can find the odd 'diamond in the rocks' as TM said
Third MANAGEMENT TEAM. Surely we stick with TM and his backroom staff and not get rid after 1 season and just hope that he doesn't jump ship because of interference from above.
Fourth OWNERS WHO CARE AND WANT SUCCESS. Sadly this has not been the case for a number of years and shows no sign of changing in the near future. With the introduction of new faces on the board I can't say that either are going to change the attitude of the owners and the this looks like our biggest stumbling block to future success.

hill83

Good a kicking
Good at running
In the goal
Scoring
Shooting
Grass
Shin pads

torchomatic

And boots that are of any colour apart from black. Preferably in neon yellow or orange. I always find that makes a player better.

Good a kicking
Good at running
In the goal
Scoring
Shooting
Grass
Shin pads

torchomatic

Range Rover.

steve82

Oggys as manager, oggy as assistant, oggy as physio, oggy as kit man..... Oh and keeper coach!

torchomatic

torchomatic

Get a foreign manager who can't speak English and whose name you can't pronounce.

Manager names should never have any vowels in them.

Last edited:

ccfc695

Sticking my head above the parapet waiting to be shot at, and looking at the success of Leicester and Burton. I believe there are 4 things a football club needs to be successful.
Firstly FANS. We have them in abundance although most of them are becoming disillusioned after year on year of hope and disappointment.There is potential of 20000 plus given promotion to the Championship.
Second TEAM. We don't appear to be quite there at present but if we should for once stop selling our best players then I firmly believe we are not too far away. Lets hope we can find the odd 'diamond in the rocks' as TM said
Third MANAGEMENT TEAM. Surely we stick with TM and his backroom staff and not get rid after 1 season and just hope that he doesn't jump ship because of interference from above.
Fourth OWNERS WHO CARE AND WANT SUCCESS. Sadly this has not been the case for a number of years and shows no sign of changing in the near future. With the introduction of new faces on the board I can't say that either are going to change the attitude of the owners and the this looks like our biggest stumbling block to future success.

You for real? 20,000 in the Championship? Never had that when we were in the Prem We are always going to sell our best players, fact. We don't even own a ground FFS! This is as good as it gets, except it.

torchomatic

we must have killed a black cat by smashing a mirror over it's head while walking under a ladder on Friday 13th.
Or been saved by SISU.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

You for real? 20,000 in the Championship? Never had that when we were in the Prem We are always going to sell our best players, fact. We don't even own a ground FFS! This is as good as it gets, except it.

Home gates Championship 2007-08

Hull 21k
Preston 17.5k
Bristol 21.5k
Charlton 20k
Blackpool 16k (Midweek)
Watford 17k (Midweek)
Colchester 23.5k
WBA 18.5 (Midweek)
Southampton 20k
Palace 22k
Burnley 17.5k
Barnsley 17k
Cardiff 16k (Midweek)
Leicester 23k
Norwich 18k
Sheff W 20k
Plymouth 19k
Stoke 21k
Wolves 28k

Not inc Home FL Cup match WHU 24k
Not inc FA Cup matches Millwall 17k + WBA 28.5k........................... Are you for real? ;)

ccfc695

Hull 21k
Preston 17.5k
Bristol 21.5k
Charlton 20k
Blackpool 16k (Midweek)
Watford 17k (Midweek)
Colchester 23.5k
WBA 18.5 (Midweek)
Southampton 20k
Palace 22k
Burnley 17.5k
Barnsley 17k
Cardiff 16k (Midweek)
Leicester 23k
Norwich 18k
Sheff W 20k
Plymouth 19k
Stoke 21k
Wolves 28k

Not inc FA Cup matches Millwall 17k + WBA 28.5k........................... Are you for real? ;)

Are we any of those teams listed?....No is the answer you're looking for Are you old enough to have been at Highfield Road? Suspect not mate, otherwise you would know it was around 16-17k on a good day

Brylowes

Are we any of those teams listed?....No is the answer you're looking for Are you old enough to have been at Highfield Road? Suspect not mate, otherwise you would know it was around 16-17k on a good day
He's listing all our home games for that season.

hill83

Hull 21k
Preston 17.5k
Bristol 21.5k
Charlton 20k
Blackpool 16k (Midweek)
Watford 17k (Midweek)
Colchester 23.5k
WBA 18.5 (Midweek)
Southampton 20k
Palace 22k
Burnley 17.5k
Barnsley 17k
Cardiff 16k (Midweek)
Leicester 23k
Norwich 18k
Sheff W 20k
Plymouth 19k
Stoke 21k
Wolves 28k

Decent numbers that. Even though I was at most of those myself I'm surprised.

Sky Blue Kid

Here we go...... Quote[You for real? 20,000 in the Championship? Unquote]..... The gates I've shown you are our home gates against the teams shown for the season 2007-08. FACT! As for being old enough to remember HR.... Let's say I think I can just about remember it. Don't let my name on this forum fool you...Sonny ;) 2007-08 season was when SISU showed their true colours of selling everything that wasn't nailed down, Hence the decline in Home Gates ever since. I will re-iterate what Rightumpty has already stated and btw didn't deserve such a "Twatish reply". "There is potential of 20000 plus given promotion to the Championship." Why shouldn't that be achieved? We did it in 2007-08 season!

Sky Blue Kid

Sorry guys, I missed the Scunny game 14k..... Not trying to hide figures btw
PS. Those figures are rounded up/down, give or take a couple of hundred ;)

Last edited:

Brylowes

Gate's at Highfield road were pretty healthy, at least on a par with comparable clubs,
until JH decided to make it all seater.
That made it less affordable,killed the atmosphere and gates never really recovered,
before this it was regularly around the 30.000 mark.IIRC

dongonzalos

Anyone who thinks a successful Cov team with genuine hope playing good foitball in the championship wouldn't attract 20k. Are either on the wind up or they know we won't be in a stadium with a 20k capacity

Users who are viewing this thread