3rd shirt official (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Yeah, way to go, they really stuck it to the real villain, the.... [checks notes] head of ops at Coventry City of Culture. Ricoh return surely imminent now.

Some of our fans are beyond thick

JimmyHillsbeard

En1EpNJXYAA2uLi

wtaf is Carl Baker?

SBT

Do think the city of culture link is a little problematic given the current situation. Either it’s the club trolling the council or they designed / planned it hoping we’d be back. The kit itself is a little, busy, but some nice touches again and very bespoke! Will let it fester in my head and decide later.

Clearly if that tweet is anything to go by, it’s been designed in close collaboration between the club and the City of Culture organisers. Which is quite nice really?

Samo

I like the intent but that is a butt ugly shirt

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

Clearly if that tweet is anything to go by, it’s been designed in close collaboration between the club and the City of Culture organisers. Which is quite nice really?
It’s not the organisers that need a kick up the arse tbf, not blaming them at all. Just an interesting choice all things considered!

shmmeee

Do think the city of culture link is a little problematic given the current situation. Either it’s the club trolling the council or they designed / planned it hoping we’d be back. The kit itself is a little, busy, but some nice touches again and very bespoke! Will let it fester in my head and decide later.

Literally no one but a few weirdos on here think there’s some great issue with the CoC. It’s entirely concocted to get angry at something.

Sky Blue Harry H

Hated it at first but bizarrely more I look at it the more I like it 🤔

Exactly the same - a bit like a loud shirt or tie that shouts at you; but, as your eyes become accustomed to the glare, it grows on you.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not for me. Clearly been thought about but just too much going on for my liking - like they had loads of ideas and couldn't decide which to go with and threw that scattergun at the shirt.

But it may well end up being a classic.

Terry Gibson's perm

For me it’s to white I am over forty and out of condition so modern football shirts look ridiculous but for my sons they would never keep it clean.

publican1990

I like it. And on the issue of City of culture, I find I have to compartmentalise the City fan part of me and the Coventrian part of me. We all know the issues we have as a club and fanbase with the council. But the City of Culture I feel is going to be brilliant for us as a city. Before lockdown I took a walk along the canal, they're renovating the old Daimler powerhouse up there to use for the COC. It's a wonderfully historic buiding and it's part of our city's heritage but it's sat derelict for donkey's years, until now. And that's just one example.

A quick scan of wikipedia says this about Hull being city of culture:
"The BBC reported that a report by University of Hull in March 2018 found Hull's status as the UK City of Culture attracted more than five million people, £220 million of investment and 800 new jobs." A similar boost for Cov would be fantastic, especially after this shitshow of a year.

Liquid Gold

I like it. And on the issue of City of culture, I find I have to compartmentalise the City fan part of me and the Coventrian part of me. We all know the issues we have as a club and fanbase with the council. But the City of Culture I feel is going to be brilliant for us as a city. Before lockdown I took a walk along the canal, they're renovating the old Daimler powerhouse up there to use for the COC. It's a wonderfully historic buiding and it's part of our city's heritage but it's sat derelict for donkey's years, until now. And that's just one example.

"The BBC reported that a report by University of Hull in March 2018 found Hull's status as the UK City of Culture attracted more than five million people, £220 million of investment and 800 new jobs." A similar boost for Cov would be fantastic, especially after this shitshow of a year.
didn't see your quote end and thought it was a bit strong for wiki

clint van damme

Yeah, if it goes well, and hopefully it does, it will stick in the craw a bit seeing Duggins and co take the plaudits but it will be a small price to pay when weighed up against the potential benefits.

pusbccfc

Fantastic shirt. The more wacky shirts are the most popular when you look back at the 90s City shirts.

The sheer attention to detail from Hummel is outstanding.

ccfcway

I love the two tone kit as a real nod to our past.

not keen on this one, as we are likely not to be even playing in the city during the city of culture.

personally I’d rather a nod to the blitz 80th anniversary Of the past.

wingy

Haven't got too much of an opinion and don't wish to be negative ,but will critique some of it .
The Jet engine fan does not accurately represent the shape of the blades (boo). More like a symbol for a far Eastern religion/sect or a flag.
There's no reference to the textile industry,the War , Peeping Tom .
And where is the reference to the bicycle wheel or are my cateracts getting worse .
It's just PR isn't it , fairly harmless.
Extraordinary that we got beyond the politics to be involved ,well done Joy and CCFC.👍

Edit:- and where is the rabbit?

Edit:- it's More pertinent than 5G,
Chinese tat .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread