3rd Player (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Noticed he wasn’t willing to take his man on

Strange, because in the pre season games, he seemed to like to stand the full back up. then drive for the line (and seemed quite effective at it), whipping in decent crosses.

fatso

Ffs, I just cant believe the amount of knee jerk panicking on here after just 1 game!!!
Jobello will settle in given time to adjust.
And we also have kastaneer as back up,
AND, we have Allassani, Wakefield and Jones all on their way back to fitness,
AND we can even play Pask at RB, and push Dabo forward if required.
I think it's fair to say we dont require another winger!!!

Ricketts

I thought he started well, but faded. Drifted in and out of the game. Found space and was given the ball but too often for my liking didnt take the man on. Their left back was a big bloke though.

cc84cov

Southend's LB had a fantastic game to be fair. Was easily their best player.
Or was he made to look good but yes agreed he was solid I was sat in front of their left back second half and Jobello just turned and played the ball back few times my mate said to me “see thomas would of drove at him them” agreed who ever said Thomas is very hard to replace & it’s early days

Sky Blue Harry H

Sometimes you are just up against a player who's got you figured out. Back when I played sunday league that was every single week.

Nearly said the same thing. I used to think I was a tricky winger, but every time I came up against this older bloke (was the husband of a work colleague, annoyingly) I couldn't seem to get past him - really narked me (as I couldn't see that he was anything that special, and I WAS !!) Still bitter about it now (you know who you are, Rosemary's husband)

cc84cov

I thought he started well, but faded. Drifted in and out of the game. Found space and was given the ball but too often for my liking didnt take the man on. Their left back was a big bloke though.
Looked a young lad though thomas would of ripped him apart worst nightmare for defenders is a player running at them

hill83

Ffs, I just cant believe the amount of knee jerk panicking on here after just 1 game!!!
Jobello will settle in given time to adjust.
And we also have kastaneer as back up,
AND, we have Allassani, Wakefield and Jones all on their way back to fitness,
AND we can even play Pask at RB, and push Dabo forward if required.
I think it's fair to say we dont require another winger!!!

Every last one of the players you mentioned are shit and they should all pack their bags into a larger than normal taxi with Robins.

Sky Blue Harry H

Looked a young lad though thomas would of ripped him apart worst nightmare for defenders is a player running at them

The thing with Thomas is that he is running behind them and at angles when he hasn't got the ball. Never lets the full back have any rest.

Nick

Administrator
Nearly said the same thing. I used to think I was a tricky winger, but every time I came up against this older bloke (was the husband of a work colleague, annoyingly) I couldn't seem to get past him - really narked me (as I couldn't see that he was anything that special, and I WAS !!) Still bitter about it now (you know who you are, Rosemary's husband)

Should have 2 footed him and asked if he wanted to smell Rosemary while offering him your fingers.

Sky Blue Harry H

Where do we see Kastanner fitting in lads ? Haven’t seen him yet

A big winger (similar to Jobello - although I think Jobello may be a bit stronger on the ball) Difficult to judge until he gets some proper game time (either off the bench, or in the cup games) Think Allen may be the key to both Kastaneer and Jobello, threading passes to them.

Sky Blue Harry H

Should have 2 footed him and asked if he wanted to smell Rosemary while offering him your fingers.

Aah, how I've missed Nick (Mike Bassett) and his psychological insight to the mind of a footballer !!

Frostie

Southend's LB had a fantastic game to be fair. Was easily their best player.
Agreed, he was excellent. Interestingly he was linked with Championship clubs after exercising a release clause at Dundee where he was POTY. Bit of a coup then for Southend & it was his header that was well saved by Marosi.

Jobello needs games, that is obvious, but he definitely has pace & skill, I think he'll come good.

skybluesam66

Sunday league wingers are either fast or tricky but rarely both

Work out which and as a defender they are in your pocket based on whether you stand on or off them

vow

and push Dabo forward if required.
Haven't seen that in him at all, a right sided midfielder!?

Don't reckon he's got the skill/mind set to do that role.

Users who are viewing this thread