3rd Player (1 Viewer)

TTG

Robins had said he wants 3 more players
One of them striker (as said)
One of them bright (or creative mid) most likely
Who would he want to bring in as a third signing?

shmmeee

Hope it’s a pacy winger. Looks like Jobello will need time to adjust and Kastaneer is made of glass, someone in the Kent/Murphy/Thomas style. Maybe no end product but puts the fear of god into the opposition back line. We looked quite pedestrian against Southend going forward.

TTG

SeaSeeEffCee

Think we need another CM if we're going to be playing 3 in the middle. Kelly, Allen, Westbrooke and Shipley probably not enough although Eccles looked good on Saturday.

junglej13

Think we need another CM if we're going to be playing 3 in the middle. Kelly, Allen, Westbrooke and Shipley probably not enough although Eccles looked good on Saturday.
Was told by a friend who works for an agency that they had tried to tout a player or two to us and were told we were OK for central midfielders.

pastythegreat

Robins had said he wants 3 more players
One of them striker (as said)
One of them bright (or creative mid) most likely
Who would he want to bring in as a third signing?
I dont want to judge after only one game, but unless Dabo improves, I'd be looking at a RB. Even if not to start, we dont have actual cover at RB. Yes we have pask, but hes a centre half that can play RB. I think we need an actually RB personally.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I dont want to judge after only one game, but unless Dabo improves, I'd be looking at a RB. Even if not to start, we dont have actual cover at RB. Yes we have pask, but hes a centre half that can play RB. I think we need an actually RB personally.

We don't need 2 though, pask is decent enough cover

cc84cov

Didn’t see much of an issue with Dabo tbh & I can be guilty of judging players far too early.

Dmcmajestic

Grant Ward if it was ever possible. Seems like he's just recovering with Ipswich from a long term injury, but that shouldn't stop us from slipping a contract in front of him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Garryb80

Not quite sure what you expect from a right back. Ive seen dabo 3 times now and been happy with him. Defends well, gets forward and been in a defence that's kept 3 successive clean sheets if you count pre season. It comes across to me as fans needing someone to scapegoat and he is this years choice

Terry_dactyl

Not quite sure what you expect from a right back. Ive seen dabo 3 times now and been happy with him. Defends well, gets forward and been in a defence that's kept 3 successive clean sheets if you count pre season. It comes across to me as fans needing someone to scapegoat and he is this years choice
If we want a scapegoat we’d choose Jobello on that showing! Dabo did not have a good game...mason had a very good game. Which is what I would hope for in a fullback’s performance.

Garryb80

If we want a scapegoat we’d choose Jobello on that showing! Dabo did not have a good game...mason had a very good game. Which is what I would hope for in a fullback’s performance.
Then do tell me why you think he was poor. Mason was very good i agree but dabo wasnt poor.

Terry_dactyl

Then do tell me why you think he was poor. Mason was very good i agree but dabo wasnt poor.
I actually think he’ll come good. He just didn’t have a good game...gave the ball away, beaten in the air regularly, made some poor choices/got caught out of position a couple of times etc.
My other point is that I don’t think anyone has been particularly harsh about any of the team. Just said that certain players weren’t as good as others.

Garryb80

I actually think he’ll come good. He just didn’t have a good game...gave the ball away, beaten in the air regularly, made some poor choices/got caught out of position a couple of times etc.
My other point is that I don’t think anyone has been particularly harsh about any of the team. Just said that certain players weren’t as good as others.
Mason also gave the ball away in a couple of bad positions. Dabo isnt the tallest so will be targeted in the air. To say he was poor is being harsh imo.

Terry_dactyl

Mason also gave the ball away in a couple of bad positions. Dabo isnt the tallest so will be targeted in the air. To say he was poor is being harsh imo.
Ok. As I say, I think he’ll come good. Looked aggressive and like Jobello appears to have a decent touch etc.
However, in comparing/rating the team’s performance I felt his and jobello’s were below the others. I thought Rose looked a little off the pace too but again, they all looked like they could play.
I’ve seen good players not play well before. I’m not overly worried.

Users who are viewing this thread