32,000 sold already (8 Viewers)

Monners

I know, it's amazing that just as you thought everybody who had had a dig at city fans for supporting their team had posted something, another one pops up! (not aimed at you).
I logged on for a quiet read - isn't it worth everyone taking a step back here - and I mean everyone.

Some of us live in the real world

(by the way I now have tickets sorted for me and my nephew - thanks to the friends who have helped myself and others with this - you know who you are)

Malaka

Personally, I really don't care about anyones opinion. I have had a season ticket for 26 years, I wanted to boycott Northampton, but lasted a week. I got called a fucking scab by the people on the hill in front of my 6 and 8 year old boys (at the time), it scared my boys. I take my sons and one of their mates to all of the games and had access to 24 tickets. I bought the lot. I offered to buy someone on this site a ticket for his son and his mother, as he can not go. Should I have not offered to get one for the boys mother as she does not go? My boys grandad is excited for my boys and has attended CCFC games but is a gooner, he wanted to share their experience, should I have got him a ticket? The other lad who I take wanted his mum and dad to go with him so I got fthree on his ticket, should they be allowed to go? I bought 10 for a mate who up until last season went up with his brothers and their kids every week, should they be allowed? I also bought one for a mate who goes to every game but has no tickets because he is a stretcher bearer, should he have a ticket? I also bought two for a mate who had a season ticket at Highfield rd for years but has moved away, should he be able to go? I also got one for my sister who works in a shop every Saturday
I am not taking the moral high ground here, but I used my judgement I bought as I saw fit. I really don't think that anyone who wants to go will be left behind, you may not be able to sit together and enjoy the experience together, but you will be able to go.
Oh and by the way, I have lost interest on how they are sold, but I do have a stub for the Crawley game, it was a free one from a player, I don't know if it is of any use because it was free, but PM me and I will get it to one of you.

Brylowes

This thread is yet another example of just how fragmented and broken we are as a fanbase,A day
out at Wembley in an otherwise awful season has served to ignite more arguments.
It does worry me that even if we were to get new owners things may have gone to far, it serves no
Purpose to keep raking over old ground, and ultimately we as fans will be the only losers.

coop

Personally, I really don't care about anyones opinion. I have had a season ticket for 26 years, I wanted to boycott Northampton, but lasted a week. I got called a fucking scab by the people on the hill in front of my 6 and 8 year old boys (at the time), it scared my boys. I take my sons and one of their mates to all of the games and had access to 24 tickets. I bought the lot. I offered to buy someone on this site a ticket for his son and his mother, as he can not go. Should I have not offered to get one for the boys mother as she does not go? My boys grandad is excited for my boys and has attended CCFC games but is a gooner, he wanted to share their experience, should I have got him a ticket? The other lad who I take wanted his mum and dad to go with him so I got fthree on his ticket, should they be allowed to go? I bought 10 for a mate who up until last season went up with his brothers and their kids every week, should they be allowed? I also bought one for a mate who goes to every game but has no tickets because he is a stretcher bearer, should he have a ticket? I also bought two for a mate who had a season ticket at Highfield rd for years but has moved away, should he be able to go? I also got one for my sister who works in a shop every Saturday
I am not taking the moral high ground here, but I used my judgement I bought as I saw fit. I really don't think that anyone who wants to go will be left behind, you may not be able to sit together and enjoy the experience together, but you will be able to go.
Oh and by the way, I have lost interest on how they are sold, but I do have a stub for the Crawley game, it was a free one from a player, I don't know if it is of any use because it was free, but PM me and I will get it to one of you.
You used your allocation of tickets and it is entirely up to you who you give your tickets to. I'm hoping it just gets fans together for the day and maybe get a few more coming to league games.

Nick

Administrator
This thread is yet another example of just how fragmented and broken we are as a fanbase,A day
out at Wembley in an otherwise awful season has served to ignite more arguments.
It does worry me that even if we were to get new owners things may have gone to far, it serves no
Purpose to keep raking over old ground, and ultimately we as fans will be the only losers.

Why not worry about the fanbase when people are getting grief for going and supporting us play an awful, boring match at home against Wimbledon or somebody? Let's just hope the days and weeks after Wembley all of it ends and everybody gets on with supporting CCFC.

Ashdown

You would have thought the main moderator of this site would try a bit harder to try and nurture some harmony now, rather than keep dragging up posts angry fans have made in the past. By the very fact that folk visit this forum means that they retain interest in 'their' football club and are always hoping for better days. This event could re connect thousands of people in the City to the football club and give them a good day out at the national stadium.
I had season tickets for 20 years continually from 1992 and was delighted when the ground was full of Sky Blues, even when they had come in on cheap ticket offers or turned up just to see the 'big teams'. I didn't get all bitter and twisted, I just wanted the best atmosphere possible !

Nick

Administrator
You would have thought the main moderator of this site would try a bit harder to try and nurture some harmony now, rather than keep dragging up posts angry fans have made in the past. By the very fact that folk visit this forum means that they retain interest in 'their' football club and are always hoping for better days. This event could re connect thousands of people in the City to the football club and give them a good day out at the national stadium.
I had season tickets for 20 years continually from 1992 and was delighted when the ground was full of Sky Blues, even when they had come in on cheap ticket offers or turned up just to see the 'big teams'. I didn't get all bitter and twisted, I just wanted the best atmosphere possible !

Plenty of people have made angry posts, I am only mentioning the ones aimed at people who go to games and the ones about their strong morals and things that go with it.

I do hope that a trip to Wembley ignites it and everybody gets on board with a relegation fight and tries to help the team grind out results. The same as I have said all season and been shot down for it by the people I am now pointing out.

If people don't like it, maybe they should stop with the posts about their morals and about how people who go to games are funding SISU, part of the problem, sisu supporters etc etc then and just get on with supporting CCFC.

sylus

Has the ST holder's snapped you there 36,000 allocation yet,so us genuine fans who will require one or two have to go begging to them

Sbarcher

I agree Ashdown.
The moderator should be promoting good banter and extreme views in an environment of constructive chat. seems at times it's treated as a personal fiefdom and gets too bogged down in personal abuse.
OK, everyone has their own view - but let's accept that and not start abusing each other.
I have in my hand a piece of paper..........

Brylowes

Why not worry about the fanbase when people are getting grief for going and supporting us play an awful, boring match at home against Wimbledon or somebody? Let's just hope the days and weeks after Wembley all of it ends and everybody gets on with supporting CCFC.
Nick you're really coming across as bitter, you give the impression you'd be happier
Sat at Wembley with 7000 others, this happens at all clubs you know.
I live in a small town (60.000) six years ago the local team reached the FA vase final
And nearly 20.000 went for the day out, despite their average gate being 600

dongonzalos

Probably look a bit harder then. I am quoting from on here, have a look at the last one for example where people who buy season tickets or give "sisu" money are part of the problem.

I have no issue with people having their own opinion, it is when people are pushing their morals onto others and going against them for a change. No different to the whole "moving clubs is wrong", "ohhh, wasps are here" rubbish which people seem to get upset about being pointed out.

How about the next time somebody is giving it the big one about their morals / principles / how they were brought up / bring their kids up properly / how people who go to games are supporting sisu / how people who go to games are part of the problem etc etc makes a comment that you get in there and tell them to shut up?

My point is I don't think there are loads of posts on here and I would as you say have to look hard.
I see far more posts from the likes of yourself or others going on about those who have made the odd post that you refer to which makes it seems like it is far far more prevalent than it actually is.
I think you are getting clouded by what is on FB and the CET if it is true that it is posted regularly there.

I happen to believe that NOMP done correctly without a doubt would work. It would speed up the process of where we are heading.
However I haven't been able to do it myself. I get the logic of it though.

I also get the counter logic when someone says a packed Ricoh may encourage other investors. However like NOMP I have come to understand it is completely unrealistic.

So Wembley is a chance when we can show other potential investors. The fan base you could tap into at Coventry if you run the club well and bring any form of success. So fir me personally more the merrier and if we start taking Oxford or Lutons allocation as well then even better.

As much as I would not have a pop at those who attend (myself included) as been part of the problem.

On another note I also don't think people are super fans for going either. People are not going in order to make some sacrifice to keep the club alive. They go because they enjoy it and they want to go. You do get comments on here from people saying true fans areseason ticket holders. True fans would never turn there back on the club.
If one of those people decide they have had enough and no longer want to go do people come on ramming it down their throat that in the past they said people should be turning up in numbers?

Hill for example has he in the past said people should be turning up?

Is it ok to tell people they should be going, but not ok to suggest for the good of the club people should not be going?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I agree Ashdown.
The moderator should be promoting good banter and extreme views in an environment of constructive chat. seems at times it's treated as a personal fiefdom and gets too bogged down in personal abuse.
OK, everyone has their own view - but let's accept that and not start abusing each other.
I have in my hand a piece of paper..........

Who have I abused? I have just pointed out things others have said and used their quotes.

The same was said when I used the bloke who abused everybody going to Sixfields and used his quotes against him, yet not much said about his actual quotes.

Nick

Administrator
My point is I don't think there are loads of posts on here and I would as you say have to look hard.
I see far more posts from the likes of yourself or others going on about those who have made the odd post that you refer to which makes it seems like it is far far more prevalent than it actually is.
I think you are getting clouded by what is on FB and the CET if it is true that it is posted regularly there.

I happen to believe that NOMP done correctly without a doubt would work. It would speed up the process of where weare heading.
However I haven't been able to do it myself. I get the logic of it though.

I also get the counter logic when someone says a packed Ricoh may encourage other investors. However like NOMP I have come to understand it is completely unrealistic.

So Wembley is a chance when we can show other potential investors. The fan base you could tap into at Coventry if you run the club well and bring any form of success. So fir me personally more the merrier and if we start taking Oxford or Lutons allocation as well then even better.

Maybe if the posts were aimed at you all the way through the season you would notice them a a bit more?

As I have said, go through the people's posts I am pointing out, look at the quotes being used.

I have no idea what's being said on FB either.

NOPM is never going to happen in full, as it's been said all along is that when a big cup tie comes along it gets forgotten about.

covcity4life

I didn't "have a go at you", I pointed it out in reply to your attempted expert analysis on games.

whcih is a outright lie. i have never analaysed a game i have not been too.

in fact the day you really jumped on my back was after wimbledon where my only post were regarding my cousin (who went) saying it was crap and he surprised we nearly won.

i never commented on hoof ball till i saw it for myself.

Cavan O'Doherty

Somebody else who has posted about how people will be funding SISU etc. You were saying fans who buy season tickets are part of the problem weren't you?

I didn't think you would be going, as if you are giving money to CCFC you are surely part of the problem?
I said I will not be going next season. One last hurrah at Wembley and a couple of away games will be the last time I go until they go. And yes, people who do get a season ticket next season will be funding Sisu

dongonzalos

Maybe if the posts were aimed at you all the way through the season you would notice them a a bit more?

As I have said, go through the people's posts I am pointing out, look at the quotes being used.

I have no idea what's being said on FB either.

NOPM is never going to happen in full, as it's been said all along is that when a big cup tie comes along it gets forgotten about.

And the people telling other people they should be going to matches?
Have you told people they should be attending matches?

torchomatic

Come on Nick, while I understand the point you're making about some of the NOPM martyrs, just let them be. They have zero credibility and that's all that matters.

Yes, that's the crux of it. They've shown themselves up quite well since we've got to Wembley. Hypocrites.

Nick

Administrator
And the people telling other people they should be going to matches?
Have you told people they should be attending matches?

Yes, I have said people should be going to matches to support CCFC (and not SISU as people try to make out) if they can.

The minute I start telling people they shouldn't go and go against what I have said previously you will have a point and are welcome to drag my quotes up.

torchomatic

I said I will not be going next season. One last hurrah at Wembley and a couple of away games will be the last time I go until they go. And yes, people who do get a season ticket next season will be funding Sisu

I'm already looking forward to supporting sisu next season. Obviously I'm not supporting the team I've followed for 45 years, just Tim and Joy. Should be ashamed of myself.

Moff

I'm already looking forward to supporting sisu next season. Obviously I'm not supporting the team I've followed for 45 years, just Tim and Joy. Should be ashamed of myself.

Boo scab. That money people are paying for Cup final tickets will in no way fund SISU, its only obviously season tickets next season that do. ;)

Seriously some people need to take a step back. People will always disagree, live with it. If you don't like what people post, put them on ignore, and for Peeler's posts just laugh at what an 11 year old wum posts.

Users who are viewing this thread