3 new signings - Conor Henderson , Jamie Reckford , Franck Moussa (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

well, a pretty damning verdict on the current squad i would say

normally its the old "its a clean slate, everyone will get a chance to impress, we will assess that squad and strengthen in Jan if we need to"

Not Robins, 3 in the 1st 2 days !

I'd see it more as a challenge to their complacency than him saying they're no good outright. They still have the chance to impress, they just have to earn it more now.

covcity4life

just seen connor hendersons debut for arsenal on youtube

he looks like a big guy who can handle himself, likes to stride forward and a good tehcnically

the fact he was talking set pieces over nasri and rosicky says alot about that wand too

looks to be a great loan

Nick

Administrator
Nah, I don't think so. I really do think Hussey is a useful player. Having competition and the option of being rested will probably help his game no end.

I personally don't think he is bad as the stick he gets either but maybe he is just going to have him out of the firing line.

covcity4life

hussey looks like one of the only guys on the pitch who looks dangerous going forwardm yes he needs to work on his defensive game but hes one to keep

backup/rotation will do him good though

LastGarrison

Nah, I don't think so. I really do think Hussey is a useful player. Having competition and the option of being rested will probably help his game no end.

He is a threat going forward and can whip in a decent ball but defensively his positioning is awful and fills me with absolutely no confidence.

torchomatic

Yep Nick, agree with that. Robins now has the opportunity to rest him, etc.

Great move by the Club today.

I personally don't think he is bad as the stick he gets either but maybe he is just going to have him out of the firing line.

kevinleftpeg

I hope the Club shop has enough 'letters' to accommodate all the new shirt sales. They should be velcro as the players change so much :)

Nick

Administrator
I think if he worked on his crosses a bit more he would do quite well playing wide left, he isn't the slowest.

Ccfcisparks

I live in Wolverhampton so have plenty of Wolves supporting mates. They say Reckford is very very quick and quite tall and strong. They say he is quite good at jumping and strong from corners.

Diehard Si

Not to nit-pic here, but I was actually hoping for a few out and out wingers when I saw 3 players. By the looks of it we've got 1 left back and 2 centre mids. Centre mid is probably our strongest area. I think Jennings will come good ( still trusting Astutes son on this one ) and Fleck will be our playmaker.

Ccfcisparks

Not to nit-pic here, but I was actually hoping for a few out and out wingers when I saw 3 players. By the looks of it we've got 1 left back and 2 centre mids. Centre mid is probably our strongest area. I think Jennings will come good ( still trusting Astutes son on this one ) and Fleck will be our playmaker.

Henderson is a winger

Sutty

Couldn't disagree more. We've lost Clingan, Bigirimana, Deegan, Norwood from an already small squad at the end of last year.

We've added Jennings and Barton (Kilbane at a push), who have been patchy. These two mean we can rest the likes of Barton and Kilbane, where we couldn't before.

Moussa has played wide left before as well.

Evans020

He just said both middy lads are pacey and suit the style I want to play

torchomatic

But if he's good at jumping then we don't need a trampoline! I think trampoline's are pretty expensive and not very mobile.

Pleased he's good at jumping, all we need now is a trampoline.

torchomatic

PVA

Moussa is a winger

Mucca Mad Boys

i like this surprise signing situation rather than them being drawn out. It is clear he has had a plan for us.

Have they brought in some pace?

Moussa is meant to be pacey as is the LB, but I think he's cover.

Diehard Si

Couldn't disagree more. We've lost Clingan, Bigirimana, Deegan, Norwood from an already small squad at the end of last year.

We've added Jennings and Barton (Kilbane at a push), who have been patchy. These two mean we can rest the likes of Barton and Kilbane, where we couldn't before.

Moussa has played wide left before as well.

Ok, seems Moussa and Henderson can both play wide. Moussa on right, Henderson on left ( wand of a left foot apparantly )

But centre and attacking mid options we have Fleck, Jennings, Barton, Thomas, Kilbane, Baker, Daniels. I know Jennings has been poor the last few games, but looked good when he first arrived. Fleck is just coming back from injury but seems a very good player.

ajsccfc

All I need now is for that saucy pink goalkeeper kit to be slashed in price and this is a decent end to the week. Oh, and a result tomorrow would be ok too I guess.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread