3 new signings - Conor Henderson , Jamie Reckford , Franck Moussa (1 Viewer)

Otis

3 new signings

Thought as much!!

Club Statement

Coventry City have bolstered their squad with three new signings.

Arsenal midfielder Conor Henderson and Wolves left-back Jamie Reckord have joined on three-month loan deals while free agent midfielder Franck Moussa has signed a short-term contract following two seasons with Leicester City.

Henderson, 21, is a Republic of Ireland youth international who made his debut for Arsenal’s first team in the 2011 FA Cup before suffering a knee injury that kept him out for the majority of last term.

Reckord, 20, has represented England at under-16 and under-17 level and enjoyed loan spells with Northampton Town and Scunthorpe United in the past two seasons.

And 23-year-old Moussa began his career with Belgian giants Anderlecht before joining Southend United where he earned a move to Leicester.

Sky Blues manager Mark Robins said: “It was always in my mind to do three or four deals to bring in players to give us some added strength.

“Franck can play central or right sided, he has a bit about him, he's got enough pace, he’s tricky and can score so he gives us utility across the midfield.

“Jamie Reckord is desperate to play so we’re giving him the opportunity to force his way into the first team and he also provides good cover for the left-back spot so we now have three players in Chris Hussey, Kevin Kilbane and Jamie who can all fit that position.

“In Conor we have a very clever, intelligent midfield player with a wand of a left foot in the mould of players like Michael Carrick and Chris Brunt who is desperate to play and hungry for it.

“He can play on the right, the left or central, he fits the way we will want to play and he’s been brought up in the Arsenal way so I’m looking forward to working with him."

All three players will be available for tomorrow’s home game against Carlisle United subject to clearance from the Football League and the Premier League.

Otis

Pretty clear Robins had players lined up. Good job too!

A wand of a left foot. I like the sound of that!! :claping hands:

torchomatic

That's the way I like the club to do business; we don't know anything about it until it's done! Nice one.

Sutty

Good signings. In areas we really needed a bit more strength.

Henderson's a very good prospect from what I've heard.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Always rated Moussa. Hopefully he can do a great job here!

Never heard of Reckford but hopefully he'll challenge Hussey for a first team place and Henderson may do alright too!

Otis

Great news.

Can I now predict the 4-0 score others have mentioned previously?

Nick

Administrator
i like this surprise signing situation rather than them being drawn out. It is clear he has had a plan for us.

Have they brought in some pace?

beduff sky blue

he's not hanging round might give the present squad a good kick up the arse a new brush always sweeps clean:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Bugsy

tidy, bang on the mark... he knows what he wants and gets it,, lets get behind the man,, let the good times rollll:guitar2::guitar2::guitar2::claping hands::claping hands::):)

CCFC_Charlie

Just asked an Arsenal fan about Henderson on Twitter,
"if you manage to keep henderson fit then you have yourself a fantastic player!"

ccfcway

i'd have them all in from the start

none of the current team deserve to play, and they should have to fight for their places !

Sutty

Just asked an Arsenal fan about Henderson on Twitter,
"if you manage to keep henderson fit then you have yourself a fantastic player!"

I think he did his knee ligaments a year or two ago which is probably what he's referring to. Not seen him play but really like what I've heard about him.

ccfcway

well, that Barnsley fan was bang on with his "we broke a record for the amount of loans in one season, Robins does like a loan or two"

:p

Nick

Administrator
I certainly think Robins and the new players will get a few more bums on seats against Carlisle.

andyboy81

Just spoke to 2 of my arsenal season ticket mates.

Both said Henderson is very good promising young lad until his injury so looks like good signing.

Also said to look for this:

[video=youtube;acAlAP0hzDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acAlAP0hzDg[/video]

Marty

Are the 2 midfielders wide players? we need a couple of pacey wingers and I think we could fly up the league.

BlueFox

Moussa is a Center Mid, Likes to break forward with the ball.

A bit like YaYa Toure, but obviously not as good

ccfcway

well, a pretty damning verdict on the current squad i would say

normally its the old "its a clean slate, everyone will get a chance to impress, we will assess that squad and strengthen in Jan if we need to"

Not Robins, 3 in the 1st 2 days !

torchomatic

Nah, I don't think so. I really do think Hussey is a useful player. Having competition and the option of being rested will probably help his game no end.

Will Hussey be on the way out?

Diehard Si

Wow! That was quick.

Sounds like he knows what he wants and how to get it..

Altho of course ccfcway manages to find a way of being negative about it.

The Penguin

i'd have them all in from the start

none of the current team deserve to play, and they should have to fight for their places !

Absolutely. They'll have to start actually training the house down and pulling their fingers out in matches! Whatever will the poor dears do? :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread