24 Hours in Police Custody (2 Viewers)

AOM

Tonight's was wild. The guy was better groomed living in the woods for 5 years than I have been the last year in lockdown

The 100,000 modern slaves in the UK is also a scary figure

fernandopartridge

Tonight I found really sad to be honest. The sentence she received was an insult. 3 years is the max term and given it was a repeat offence and the victim had died in the hospital stay it caused, surely the judge should have gone closer to that.
I really don't understand how the GBH charge didn't stand, in what world is a spell on a ventilator not a life changing experience?
R.I.P Paul

Otis

It greatly upset me too.

She really didn't seem that bothered that she had beaten the living daylights out of him.

Otis

Could be out this very month.

It's in the local Bedfordshire paper. Served 8 months, likely to be released in the next week or so.

Rich

Anyone seen the two parter that finished last night? We didn’t get the complete story in the end, but fascinating how these wannabe gangsters go about there dirty business.

RedSalmon

Anyone seen the two parter that finished last night? We didn’t get the complete story in the end, but fascinating how these wannabe gangsters go about there dirty business.

I did, neither one of them can apply for parole before 2047. Would have made it longer than that!!!!

The gobby one who spilled his guts but couldn't see how he was dropping himself in it, fucking hilarious!!

Rich

I did, neither one of them can apply for parole before 2047. Would have made it longer than that!!!!

The gobby one who spilled his guts but couldn't see how he was dropping himself in it, fucking hilarious!!
I think he did far more than he confessed to. Clearly wanted the other one gone so he could make a couple of grand a week.

Mcbean

Saw and recorded the second part last night but couldn’t find the first one to watch on catch up ? All 4 🤔

Reactions: vow

vow

Saw and recorded the second part last night but couldn’t find the first one to watch on catch up ? All 4 🤔
Got it on a series link but it never recorded, grrrr

Perhaps it was an old episode(s)?

AOM

Watched the latest (repeated) episode the other night. Could tell the moment they had both in cells that they would instantly turn on each other 😂

Also watched a show on Channel 4 called Taken: the Sex Traffickers which was very similar to 24 hours. Would recommend. Unfortunately no Liam Neeson involved though
Really interesting but also harrowing in parts as you'd expect

Reactions: vow

vow

Watched the latest (repeated) episode the other night. Could tell the moment they had both in cells that they would instantly turn on each other 😂

Also watched a show on Channel 4 called Taken: the Sex Traffickers which was very similar to 24 hours. Would recommend. Unfortunately no Liam Neeson involved though
Really interesting but also harrowing in parts as you'd expect
Looks like a hard watch tbh

Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
Was shocking footage. There's got to be more to the story. Makes no sense for it to be totally random and he only took a Sky box!

He ran a brothel and the dad of one of the girls owned a nail type place.

I know it is sterotyping but nail businesses are well known for hiring girls who have been people smuggled.

chiefdave

Couldn't stand the lawyer on last nights. People who were clearly guilty, and up to something besides selling chicken - as one of the detectives said you don't make that much money from chicken, and he's bragging about how they can afford 7 or 8 expensive lawyers to defend them while police cuts mean there's only 1 or 2 people working on the case from their side.

And then to top it off the chap who had a ridiculous amount of drugs stashed at his house only got a couple of years, so presumably out in a year. For the amount of money involved no wonder people take the risk when the punishment is so poor.

The homeless chap was spot on, the approach is like buying a mop when you've got a leaking pipe. If you're not given the resources to target the problem higher up the chain you'll never get anywhere.

Whole episode was reminiscent of what's been going on in Cov in the last few years with the gangs going at each other for territory.

eastwoodsdustman

Couldn't stand the lawyer on last nights. People who were clearly guilty, and up to something besides selling chicken - as one of the detectives said you don't make that much money from chicken, and he's bragging about how they can afford 7 or 8 expensive lawyers to defend them while police cuts mean there's only 1 or 2 people working on the case from their side.

And then to top it off the chap who had a ridiculous amount of drugs stashed at his house only got a couple of years, so presumably out in a year. For the amount of money involved no wonder people take the risk when the punishment is so poor.

The homeless chap was spot on, the approach is like buying a mop when you've got a leaking pipe. If you're not given the resources to target the problem higher up the chain you'll never get anywhere.

Whole episode was reminiscent of what's been going on in Cov in the last few years with the gangs going at each other for territory.
[/QUOTE

Smarmy wasn't the word for him. He wanted to treat the show like an advert for his company swanning round in his Audi.
As for the others, They all live in a different world to normal society.

chiefdave

To be honest if they want to kill each other then I won't be losing any sleep over that. The problem is when its happening on a busy street on a Sunday afternoon with kids and families around.

There's been incidents in Cov where shots have been fired in public places, you can't have innocent people getting caught up in that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

eastwoodsdustman said:
Smarmy wasn't the word for him. He wanted to treat the show like an advert for his company swanning round in his Audi.

Yep...all those involved were utter scumbags.

To be fair, even though the lawyer was a proper smarmy parasite.....he must have something about him to get them 2 brothers off scott free despite all the clear CCTV evidence of them running about the street with weapons.......unbelievable really.

Users who are viewing this thread