24 Hours in Police Custody (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Whole thing was odd, neither of them came over particularly well. In some cases its frustrating when they don't get a charge but you could see why here.

Plus how young was the cop doing the investigating, was he on work experience?

Nick

Administrator
I said that to the wife that he looked about 15.

Something didn't add up with it all.

They didn't seem to check her phone to see what was going on but did his?

Nick

Administrator
Back on again, last night's was very weird.

Dont want to give anything away until people have seen it!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
He was quite clearly on the autistic spectrum and probably had ocd, probably undiagnosed due to his age and the lack of acknowledgement of ASD back in the day. Explains all of his odd behaviours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah there was something wrong with him clearly.

That woman who assessed him and sat eating chocolate biscuits was ripping into him. "He shook my hand because he wanted to show he was equal" and made out like it was some sort of power thing.

From the start when you see his shoes lined up, his reaction and the way he had conversations it was obvious something wasn't right.

The other thing was when he was interviewed you would have thought he would need additional help in there?

Otis

Mostly the police and the editing of the programme I'd say.
Yes, true, but he told police he hadn't said he was a doctor, but they had footage of him clearly saying he was one and he also said in one of his interviews he would not use the word 'controlling', but that's exactly what he said about the dog.

The girlfriend's family also said that he was violent.

He was basically a liar, or a fantasist.

Nick

Administrator
Yes, true, but he told police he hadn't said he was a doctor, but they had footage of him clearly saying he was one and he also said in one of his interviews he would not use the word 'controlling', but that's exactly what he said about the dog.

The girlfriend's family also said that he was violent.

He was basically a liar, or a fantasist.

I think he was a fantasist but he clearly had a lot of issues. It was like he didn't really understand what was going on.

The girlfriend's family did also say it was 100% him at the very start.

Mcbean

very good - it did'nt just add up -although he did'nt seem to be upset at her loss - once the aquaintance said he would make a spreadsheet for everything - the OCD was clear - she liked a drop - Commando moment was priceless

fernandopartridge

He was quite clearly on the autistic spectrum and probably had ocd, probably undiagnosed due to his age and the lack of acknowledgement of ASD back in the day. Explains all of his odd behaviours.

Yes, thought he was on the autism spectrum as soon as I saw him, mannerisms were a big giveaway. I actually really felt for him at the end tbh.

Otis

Yes, thought he was on the autism spectrum as soon as I saw him, mannerisms were a big giveaway. I actually really felt for him at the end tbh.
Bit worried he has now put himself out there in the public spotlight.

I know he's moved town, but still, people will surely recognise him from the programme and he might get a bit of shit about it all.

Nick

Administrator

What I don't get is why the police didn't or they didnt show that side? Obviously we just saw snippets of it all so they may well have had in depth meetings, they just showed that "expert" speak to him and then make out he was a weird monster while she had some biscuits. The same as when they said the other copper said about him being one of the strangest people they had ever met (towards the start).

It made the police look quite bad I thought.

Reactions: vow

Otis

What I don't get is why the police didn't or they didnt show that side? Obviously we just saw snippets of it all so they may well have had in depth meetings, they just showed that "expert" speak to him and then make out he was a weird monster while she had some biscuits. The same as when they said the other copper said about him being one of the strangest people they had ever met (towards the start).

Hmm, not bad as such, but a bit incompetent and naive, as if they had never come across an autistic person before.

Nick

Administrator
Hmm, not bad as such, but a bit incompetent and naive, as if they had never come across an autistic person before.

The detective with glasses also didn't think anybody could feel that low they could injure themselves with a broken bottle so was almost ruling it out.

It was a bit incompetent that they didn't really go into much about that. They just said "Are you mentally OK?" to which he replied "I was until now" and then the woman who was the expert who made a point about him trying to show he was equal by shaking her hand.

fernandopartridge

Very irresponsible programme, all the stuff about the family thinking he was guilty is trial by media. Disgusting. If he is on the autism spectrum then it's essentially discrimination.

Nick

Administrator
Very irresponsible programme, all the stuff about the family thinking he was guilty is trial by media. Disgusting. If he is on the autism spectrum then it's essentially discrimination.

That's the thing, my wife fell asleep after about 20 minutes and she just assumed he had done it because of it all.

The police kept saying how he was "calm and collective" as if he was some sort of psycho murderer. It was more like he didn't fully understand what was going on and didn't really know how to deal with it.

Otis

That's the thing, my wife fell asleep after about 20 minutes and she just assumed he had done it because of it all.

The police kept saying how he was "calm and collective" as if he was some sort of psycho murderer. It was more like he didn't fully understand what was going on and didn't really know how to deal with it.
They should have been at last able to identify possible symptoms for his behaviour and have an inkling he might possibly be autistic.

Agree on the family thing. They had already decided he was guilty, which in itself is fine, but the police should have taken no credence from the family assumption. There is always potential bias to be had from victim's family members.

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

very good - it did'nt just add up -although he did'nt seem to be upset at her loss - once the aquaintance said he would make a spreadsheet for everything - the OCD was clear - she liked a drop - Commando moment was priceless

Personal bugbear: OCD isn’t about neatness. It’s more like a terrifying feeling of dread and sometimes voices that tell you terrible things will happen if you don’t do X.

Bugs me that it’s become a synonym for being anal when it’s a debhilitating mental illness.

covmark

Personal bugbear: OCD isn’t about neatness. It’s more like a terrifying feeling of dread and sometimes voices that tell you terrible things will happen if you don’t do X.

Bugs me that it’s become a synonym for being anal when it’s a debhilitating mental illness.
Agree. The neatness is the compulsive part of ocd. The obsessive part can be debilitating and terrifying.
The blase way that people use ocd is extremely annoying.

Kingokings204

Good episode.

It was thenprogramme who made it look like the bf. He was a bit unconventional but I think we all agree why. Amazing how it always goes.

The big giveaway is when you are asked a direct question of “did you kill her?” He replied “absolutely not, no!”

Evidence shows if a suspect answers this way they are innocent 90% of the time which I find fascinating.

Mcbean

Consider me educated ! - i have the tidyness bit and sqaure edges my wife does'nt
Good episode.

It was thenprogramme who made it look like the bf. He was a bit unconventional but I think we all agree why. Amazing how it always goes.

The big giveaway is when you are asked a direct question of “did you kill her?” He replied “absolutely not, no!”

Evidence shows if a suspect answers this way they are innocent 90% of the time which I find fascinating.

What would anyone guilty answer ?

Kingokings204

Consider me educated ! - i have the tidyness bit and sqaure edges my wife does'nt

What would anyone guilty answer ?

Evidence shows guilty people when asked a straight question such as “did you kill your wife/gf?” They go on and on explaining why they haven’t killed her and the theory is it’s a yes or no question so yes or no would suffice.

When people go over 9 words statistically that’s when they are guilty so much more. They have a need that a simple no answer won’t suffice.

If you haven’t killed her you simply answer no.

Fascinating as I study statement analysis.

Nick

Administrator
The one last night was strange, it was clear the first time he was in the police station he had issues. It didn't need a genius to see notice that.

chiefdave

The one last night was strange, it was clear the first time he was in the police station he had issues. It didn't need a genius to see notice that.
Did wonder at first if he was just being a twat like a lot of the people shown are but it quickly became apparent he wasn't. And of course the family were known to police so they should have noticed something was up straight away.

Whats very clear from programs like this and Ambulance on the beeb is how much work is being pushed on to the emergency services due to cuts elsewhere. Makes you wonder how they have time to do their actual jobs. Whole system seems on the brink of collapse.

Chap last night was a prime example. Severe mental health problems yet there was nobody anywhere in the system that had the resources to take ownership of the situation and get him the help he needed.

Nick

Administrator
Did wonder at first if he was just being a twat like a lot of the people shown are but it quickly became apparent he wasn't. And of course the family were known to police so they should have noticed something was up straight away.

Whats very clear from programs like this and Ambulance on the beeb is how much work is being pushed on to the emergency services due to cuts elsewhere. Makes you wonder how they have time to do their actual jobs. Whole system seems on the brink of collapse.

Chap last night was a prime example. Severe mental health problems yet there was nobody anywhere in the system that had the resources to take ownership of the situation and get him the help he needed.

Yeah, the doctors didn't want to commit to anything without having a bed for him and the police couldn't let him out after he had just stabbed his mum as he was a danger.

It makes you wonder how many people like that roam the streets with knives when they should be committed.

Otis

Chap last night was a prime
xample. Severe mental health problems yet there was nobody anywhere in the system that had the resources to take ownership of the situation and get him the help he needed.

Yeah, at first I thought he may just be putting it on, but quickly you could see that he wasn't and right from the start that phone call was so odd. Sounded so desperate for the police to come 'right now' and help him dig a body up.

RedSalmon

Agree with every word. The 'Crisis' team should have offered far more support than they did, but know from experience they never do.

chiefdave

That was hard to watch but interesting to hear the comments of the police on what a drain the vigilantes are on their resources and how their actions can lead to cases being thrown out of court.

The sentences those two got seemed way too low to me. The older guy seemed like he might not be all there but obviously with the seriousness of the crimes they focused on the younger guy. With what they were describing I can't see any way the sentence is even close to correct.

Users who are viewing this thread