24 Hours in Police Custody (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I think I made a thread about 60 days in , do like it

Nick

Administrator
This week, that knobhead who was arrested for it watching himself on CCTV.

"Go on boy"
"look at me standing up still"

Bit random for somebody who has had 12 spliffs, 2 lines of coke, 4 beers and then gone onto the pavement to run an innocent guy over.

I'd be absolutely shitting myself in that position.

Otis

This week, that knobhead who was arrested for it watching himself on CCTV.

"Go on boy"
"look at me standing up still"

Bit random for somebody who has had 12 spliffs, 2 lines of coke, 4 beers and then gone onto the pavement to run an innocent guy over.

I'd be absolutely shitting myself in that position.
How on earth was that not attempted murder?

I can understand all the grey areas up until he then reverses back over the victim.

For me, at that point that becomes entirely deliberate. The 'trying to scare them' is some sort of defence for driving into the group of people in the first place, but after hitting the bloke, going over him and then reversing back over him again, I believe then at that point it changes everything.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, it's the reversing back over him that does it as it clearly shows intent to really do damage.

Even more so that it wasn't actually anybody who he had been fighting with that he had hit.

The poor bloke saying he would pray for him, bollocks to that.

Otis

Yeah, it's the reversing back over him that does it as it clearly shows intent to really do damage.

Even more so that it wasn't actually anybody who he had been fighting with that he had hit.

The poor bloke saying he would pray for him, bollocks to that.
Yep. All that results in is the scum bag thinking 'Right, cheers for that, thanks very much.'

Either that or a simple 'Mug!'

chiefdave

I can't even imagine doing something like that. But to have done it, got the wrong bloke, and then be laughing and joking about it. Couldn't believe it. Surprised he didn't ask for a copy of the CCTV footage.

Otis

I can't even imagine doing something like that. But to have done it, got the wrong bloke, and then be laughing and joking about it. Couldn't believe it. Surprised he didn't ask for a copy of the CCTV footage.
He'll be a legend on Facebook amongst all his mates.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just watched the first two episodes can’t believe that copper throwing away his career over a grand!

The second episode unbelievable it’s not seen as attempted murder and quite scary as well someone can be drunk on drugs drive deliberately up onto the pavement hit a random member of the public reverse back over them and run off and only get 7 years (3.5) inside!

Otis

Just watched the first two episodes can’t believe that copper throwing away his career over a grand!

The second episode unbelievable it’s not seen as attempted murder and quite scary as well someone can be drunk on drugs drive deliberately up onto the pavement hit a random member of the public reverse back over them and run off and only get 7 years (3.5) inside!
Madness in both cases.

Nick

Administrator

And be quite proud of it too.

The bit where he said he had 12 spliffs but tried to justify it by saying he left it 2 hours before driving.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

And be quite proud of it too.

The bit where he said he had 12 spliffs but tried to justify it by saying he left it 2 hours before driving.

The ‘meaningless’ of life to a number of people is quite scary!
People don’t seem to get that them & us only have one chance! One moment of madness and that’s it.

I do wonder if proper sentences and no nonsense prisons would make them think maybe ever so slightly more?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not that interesting an episode this week I didn’t think.

The woman riding on the mobility scooter with the dead body was very surreal!

Nick

Administrator
This weeks was pretty boring, you could pretty much tell what had happened as soon as you saw the cctv.

Obviously the police cant just take it as that, but for a tv show it was obvious he had OD'd or it was drug related.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This weeks was pretty boring, you could pretty much tell what had happened as soon as you saw the cctv.

Obviously the police cant just take it as that, but for a tv show it was obvious he had OD'd or it was drug related.

Also the way the woman who was convicted was treated when she went into custody was nicer and friendlier than any hotel I’ve stayed in, we can do this get that for you etc!

Nick

Administrator
Also the way the woman who was convicted was treated when she went into custody was nicer and friendlier than any hotel I’ve stayed in, we can do this get that for you etc!

Yeah, wife said at the time if that was a bloke who had moved a woman's body they wouldn't be anywhere near as nice.

Otis

Another pretty rubbish one :(
Annoying though and goes back to the discussion we had about defence lawyers and solicitors.

The brother's solicitor seemed very pleased he had got his client off and even came out with the 'innocent' quip. Seemed obvious there just wasn't enough evidence to charge the brother, but that doesn't make him innocent.

Let's face it, if you had a body buried in your garden and it was that of an in-law and your brother had committed the murder you WOULD know about it.

Seems to me the brothers clearly had some involvement and it's a shame that such a passage of time had passed which meant that a case couldn't be proven.

Suppose the only thing now is that anyone who lives by, or knows these two brothers are now going to pretty much accept they were involved.

eastwoodsdustman

Tonights is a great advert to stay away from drugs and whores. I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for her or just want her put away from society so that none has to put up with the fallout.

Otis

Tonights is a great advert to stay away from drugs and whores. I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for her or just want her put away from society so that none has to put up with the fallout.
I did feel sorry for her. As she said herself she had been in a series of abuse relationships. Think she just mixed with the wrong people and became the person she is today.

Her boyfriend however was a right old scumbag. He seemed to have no care, compassion or feeling at all towards vulnerable people and just saw them as a cash cow.

Can't believe he only got 20 months for all those offences.

Nick

Administrator
The boyfriend was clearly some sort of pimp that look advantage. Then pretended to fall asleep every time he was interviewed, he needed a shoeing of the highest order.

Bit of a joke for the sentence and she seemed to get away with it all as well. Back on the street, rinse and repeat.

She had marks where she was injecting drugs into her face.

Otis

The boyfriend was clearly some sort of pimp that look advantage. Then pretended to fall asleep every time he was interviewed, he needed a shoeing of the highest order.

Bit of a joke for the sentence and she seemed to get away with it all as well. Back on the street, rinse and repeat.

She had marks where she was injecting drugs into her face.
So sad to see. Heartbreaking to see the photos of her when she was younger and happy.

Nick

Administrator
The copper dealing with it did my head in as well.

On the one hand he was being interviewed like he was an expert, on the other he was going to ask the bloke in CID (who kept palming off like he was stupid) what he should do.

Then he kept talking to her like he was having a chat in a shop "well they have put me on this medication", "i helped you didnt i". No wonder she didn't listen to a word he said, she was telling him what was going on.

Otis

The copper dealing with it did my head in as well.

On the one hand he was being interviewed like he was an expert, on the other he was going to ask the bloke in CID (who kept palming off like he was stupid) what he should do.

Then he kept talking to her like he was having a chat in a shop "well they have put me on this medication", "i helped you didnt i". No wonder she didn't listen to a word he said, she was telling him what was going on.
He very much came across as a rookie and they should have put the case in more experienced hands.

Otis

Had to watch mastershite !
You not heard of recording and steaming?

I had Walking Dead, Marcella and MasterChef set for record and I watched 24 Hours in Police Custody on demand.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Mcbean

Alas no there was something on as well that her indoors required to record - i was only allowed University challenge to watch ( nice filly on one of the teams ) last night as i had watched Moto GP all Sunday afternoon - have a free trial on BT sport -- will look at the iplayer thingy - not enough hours in the day

Otis

Alas no there was something on as well that her indoors required to record - i was only allowed University challenge to watch ( nice filly on one of the teams ) last night as i had watched Moto GP all Sunday afternoon - have a free trial on BT sport -- will look at the iplayer thingy - not enough hours in the day
I am lucky, as my missus doesn't watch any TV at all.

Nick

Administrator
Another shit one last night, won't post spoilers until everybody has seen it.

I wanted to see how he got his dog to attack on demand, the old "let me go and say bye to my dog".

Otis

Another shit one last night, won't post spoilers until everybody has seen it.

I wanted to see how he got his dog to attack on demand, the old "let me go and say bye to my dog".
I quite liked it, if only for the you weren't quite sure who was telling the truth.

Understand the no charge brought too, because there just wasn't enough evidence.

Anyone could have bought the presents and I still can't get my head around why she would go to a pub where she knows there will be the man she is desperately trying to avoid and discourage.

Nick

Administrator
What I didn't get was when she said "Is he dangerous?"

He had previous because he went to her house and battered her best mate on her driveway.

eastwoodsdustman

What I didn't get was when she said "Is he dangerous?"

He had previous because he went to her house and battered her best mate on her driveway.

I think he was pushing the gate against her and her against him if I recall. It was all a bit strange though and enough of a grey area to say that they couldn't charge him with both of the women approaching him in the pub. Also, the photos at the wedding, had she invited him as her guest?
I think there must have been something going on with them and she'd either fell out or got cold feet with him.

Nick

Administrator
I think he got a suspended sentence for assault, I think he pushed the gate against the woman he was "stalking" but then attacked the other one?

It was all a bit weird, he said he went to her house to cuddle her dogs in the garden.

"Did she ever try to get intimate with you?"
"Yes"
"How?"
"She made me tea"

Otis

Ha! Yes.

There were a few odd things. I got the feeling that she did like the attention, but then it got a bit OTT, so she liked the admiration, hence going to the pub, but didn't want him TOO close.

Users who are viewing this thread