22/23 (1 Viewer)

ccfcricoh

there were plenty of away games this season that tickets could be bought for to raise peoples points - not many sold out to the highest priority only (barring the last couple!)

If people want the tickets when we get "bigger" games, they know the system, and need to snap up all the tickets they can to raise their points in the less attractive games.

Points system is very fair and has worked well all season in my mind

Flying Fokker

The point system need’s looking at .
I have 900 points and struggle to get away tickets .
I also live 137 miles away from cov so every home game is ( away ) .
mid week games away from cov depending where they are is nigh on impossible to make .
My point is those with the most points will always get priority over others which is fair one way but that gives no one else a chance for tickets if they’re limited.
So some kind of system that’s fair to all needs to be looked at .
And it increases the divide as they accrue more points through the process. But hey, this game is for the minions who have no influence.

torchomatic

Yeah I’m missing a couple of hundred points then. Is there any way to get that sorted?

I guess you would need to email the club on their ticketing email. They'll have details on their system of your past ST history, so shouldn't be too difficult. You shouldn't have to miss out (and more importantly your kids shouldn't either) because they haven't allocated your points correctly.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Why do people keep repeating this shite. There has been plenty of games to build points up this season.

I started this season on 950 points and I now have 1570 (with next year's ST points just added). I live over 100miles away from Coventry. I understand im at a point in my life where I am able to commit to more games than others, whether its because of time or money, and thats fine we all have stuff going on no one judging you. But saying that it's a closed shop on tickets is bollocks. You may not be able to go because of personal stuff but its not because you can't build up points.

In an ideal world the allocations would be bigger than 2000 for most games. But they aren’t, and this seems the fairest system to prioritise.

The wife and I have about 850 each, we’d have gone to Boro 2nd leg if possible but no problem at all with them going to those who have been the most.

Marty

Had a season ticket for years, do 10-15 away games a season, more than happy to let those who go every week, get priority over me for the smaller allocations, but absolutely no chance should I be put into a raffle to battle it out with people who can't be bothered to turn up but fancy a day out at Man City or Chelsea

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

QPR,Swansea,Middlesbrough,Blackpool ,Millwall and reading
Just looked into this as I was interested. Boro is fair enough although people with 900 points did get some of the allocation. You had two days to get QPR tickets before it sold out. Swansea looked to make it to general sale. Blackpool made general sale. Millwall was pay on the gate, and Reading only looked to sell out as it reached 'Season Ticket Holders'. I don't think the points system is the reason you haven't made those games.

tskezz

In an ideal world the allocations would be bigger than 2000 for most games. But they aren’t, and this seems the fairest system to prioritise.

The wife and I have about 850 each, we’d have gone to Boro 2nd leg if possible but no problem at all with them going to those who have been the most.
But again though a lot of away games haven't even sold out and I would say most have reached general sale, so it's not really an issue of capacity for most games. Yes boro away your not getting a ticket unless you're right up there.

tskezz

Just looked into this as I was interested. Boro is fair enough although people with 900 points did get some of the allocation. You had two days to get QPR tickets before it sold out. Swansea looked to make it to general sale. Blackpool made general sale. Millwall was pay on the gate, and Reading only looked to sell out as it reached 'Season Ticket Holders'. I don't think the points system is the reason you haven't made those games.
Exactly.

SkyBlueMatt

QPR,Swansea,Middlesbrough,Blackpool ,Millwall and reading

QPR (London Pissup), Blackpool (Seaside Pissup - we haven't played them on a Saturday for a while), Middlesbrough (last game of the season).

Those games were always going to be difficult to get tickets to. There are loads of others that could have been used to get points. In regards to away tickets, I'm secretly dreading if we get promoted. I'll have a tad over 800 points next season, I accept I'll be very lucky to get to any away games next year. That's life.

EDIT: I won't stop me begging if the time comes though... ;)

Last edited:

Grendel

Not sure the original poster deserved such a backlash. He only suggested an idea (which many other clubs already enforce). This forum really has gone downhill in the last few years the way that we all talk to each other.

FWIW I’m probably in the top tier bracket but I’d be happy for a system where people who aren’t as fortunate as me (being able to afford lots of away games) but just as big a fan, get a chance of the odd away ticket here and there.

Maybe top catagory have a ballot for 70% of the allocation, second catagory for 20% of the allocation and bottom cat for 10% of the allocation.

It would mean over the season that there would be a slightly bigger spread of people getting to go rather than just a shut out to the same 2K every week

Downhill in the last few years? It’s like a church hall meeting compared to years ago

torchomatic

I started the season on around 800 points, the only game that I’ve failed to get tickets for that I wanted to go to, was the Middlesbrough away play off game, others have been absolutely no issue at all.

I could have gone to that, but didn't. The only one I couldn't get was Watford away, but I think that was more to do with me forgetting to get tickets and leaving it too late.

CV22SBA

Irrespective of Saturday’s result, do we think the club will introduce random balloting for a specific number of away tickets for next season? I know some clubs do this to ensure others who want to build up loyalty points have a chance to do so.

I bought a house this season so didn’t renew my ST for the first time, so I’m on 600 odd points with the renewal. Clearly a bad call with bad timing now, but hoping a fair system is established that rightfully prioritises those who’ve committed all their time to going to the most games but then also giving opportunities to lifelong fans who are still on a decent enough amount of points in recent times but will struggle for away tickets if we go up a league or continue to challenge next season.

Don’t quite see how those supporters, like myself, can improve their situation if the current system remains, as the cut off point is only going to continue to rise.

Thoughts?
Away fans allocation rules in the EPL give access to 3,000 tickets per game if the stadium capacity is greater than 30,000 seats.

As our average this season was 2K and about 1.8K the season before all the regulars will get tickets. Only the games below people will struggle with points below i reckon 600.

Brentford, Palace, Fulham, Burnley & Bournemouth give 2K.

rob9872

Away fans allocation rules in the EPL give access to 3,000 tickets per game if the stadium capacity is greater than 30,000 seats.

As our average this season was 2K and about 1.8K the season before all the regulars will get tickets. Only the games below people will struggle with points below i reckon 600.

Agreed and also having played all of those recently apart from Brentford I'd guess they are less attractive than some of the perceived top 6/7 sides.

Edit - actually a while since we've played Palace too, but it's logistically a pain in the arse anyway.

ThievingScally

Ballot makes sense. Works well at plenty of clubs.

Give 2700 to those with the most points
Allocate 300 to the ballot for those with season ticket/400+

Keeps people interested

I live in Reading - and have been unable to get a ticket in the away end at the SCL for the last two years.

Liquicon

But how many people who get season tickets every year will suddenly decide to go to away games if we are in the Premier League, or get them for their mates? Not to mention that people who got season tickets the last couple of years and now this season will suddenly be jumping up from around 600 to 800.

rob9872

Thank you for such a considerate and well thought- out response👏🏻

This is exactly what I was intending with my original post and got some typically moronic responses which have completely ruined the thread
Threatening to leave, flouncing off, then keep returning to reply, you're clearly in good company here, welcome to the forum 👍

Balli001

This is exactly what I was intending with my original post and got some typically moronic responses which have completely ruined the thread
By moronic I assume you mean different opinions that you didn't like? Anyway I thought you weren't posting here again. What happened did you run out of attention elsewhere?

CV22SBA

But how many people who get season tickets every year will suddenly decide to go to away games if we are in the Premier League, or get them for their mates? Not to mention that people who got season tickets the last couple of years and now this season will suddenly be jumping up from around 600 to 800.
I'd say its irrelevant because all season its been 1 away ticket per ST holder so the regulars that have been going away will always be 250 points ahead of the ST holders that don't go away.

Flying Fokker

By moronic I assume you mean different opinions that you didn't like? Anyway I thought you weren't posting here again. What happened did you run out of attention elsewhere?
He has a season ticket for this thread? It’s up to him whether he turns up😀

Liquicon

I'd say its irrelevant because all season its been 1 away ticket per ST holder so the regulars that have been going away will always be 250 points ahead of the ST holders that don't go away.
It was mainly related to using 600 points as the mark for when it gets difficult. I would expect that to go up due to plenty of people jumping up 200 points, and potentially higher demand.

As an example, I had been waiting at the start of this season for the points bracket to be about 480+, but next season will be 800+.

its a buzzard

Not much of a forum when there’s people like you and Balli001 monitoring responses all morning. I have a full time job that requires my attention, so just thought I’d check to see what most people are saying about it, which, barring you two, and a couple of other pathetic freaks who clearly like insulting others and don’t have much of a home life, is fair.
Fuck's sake.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
At Man City, they give away a percentage to under 25’s who go in a ballot for games, to help them build up the points otherwise they would never actually get to an away game unless they had families purchasing them season tickets for years.

Lots of different interesting thoughts and ideas, sadly, most of us put forward what would suit us best, there is no system in the world that can cater for all our varying circumstances that we have had, be it season tickets some years and not in others when children come along, heading off to University for some etc

Personally, a points system can work but I guarantee top pointers next year are buying weekly and sell some games as they do in every club if we do make the Prem.

can we just agree that those that donate to the ST fund or nominate someone gets 1,000 bonus points 👍

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Simon, have you seen that Tony Hopkins from the Enemy was trying to contact you?
A friend called me yesterday, listened back on CWR and messaged Vic Minnett who is passing on my number to them.

They want to help with any profits made on the Wembley song they have done going towards the ST fund, thanks for letting me know as well, let’s hope lots buy it, guess they will if we win, maybe not so if we don’t.

NorthernWisdom

Hmm, surely you aren't suggesting that he agrees with you, so he's an approved respondee and the rest of us can go fuck ourselves as we disagree?

Users who are viewing this thread