22/23 (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

I think the current system is working well.

If we do go up, then I think you should get points for certain category B home games. So when we play at home against one of the small clubs like Brentford, Bournemouth, or Leicester you get a points bonus. This will help to ensure sell outs all the way through.

thejinkingSakamoto

A few typically unfair comments in here from two posters who clearly enjoy an argument. Signs of why this is forum is so regularly in the gutter and why a conversation about our best managers for example ends up turning into a row.

If you bothered to properly read my initial response, which clearly you didn’t, I acknowledged the fairness in continuing the points system. I said whether, like some clubs, there would be some form of balloting in place also to help others accumulate points so it doesn’t become a closed shop. That is all.

Last edited:

Balli001

A few typically classless comments in here from two posters who clearly enjoy an argument. Signs of why this is forum is so regularly in the gutter and why a conversation about our best managers for example ends up turning into a row.

If you bothered to properly read my initial response, which clearly you didn’t, I acknowledged the fairness in continuing the points system. I said whether, like some clubs, there would be some form of balloting in place also. That is all. I won’t be saying anything again in here that’s for sure
Despite your situation the fact remains you haven't built up the points. The current system is fine. Some lose out of course but random balloting would lead to people not bothering to renew as their priority they get for buying one diminishes. I sympathise with your personal situation but there is no way i want to miss out to somebody who puts a fraction of what I do in to the club.

torchomatic

Nah, no ballot.

People complained for years away ticket allocation was "unfair" and called for a points system. One was introduced and people have moaned all season, well for the last couple of months mainly, that this system is also unfair.

I've built up a lot of points as I always get a ST and do a lot of away matches. Don't see why I should miss out.

And as Rob said a lot of us have been doing this for years.

Brighton Sky Blue

Clearly having a crippling mortgage and struggling to pay energy bills means I’ve only taken an interest for five minutes!

Had an ST in L1 and L2 and the Championship (bar the season at Birmingham) and went most away’s up until last season - but clearly I have, according to two nice people - no knowledge of the ‘grim seasons of lower league anonymity’!

You are talking to someone who also has a steep mortgage, whose energy bills have doubled and whose pay will be dropping by £1k a month as of September. But yes, you do you.

Your idea would mean people on higher points would miss out to those with less. I disagree with it.

Balli001

I don’t put in a fraction of what you put in, but if you want to go down the my cock is bigger than your cock route that’s fine
Clearly you do or you would have more points. I wasn't intending to have a go but you seem to have a victim complex and only care for yourself.

clint van damme

I don’t put in a fraction of what you put in, but if you want to go down the my cock is bigger than your cock route that’s fine

Lots of people don't go as much as they'd want to for a whole host of genuine reasons, and that's fine, but unfortunately that has consequences.

I'm in the top tier points wise but expect to drop in to the 2nd tier in the next season or two, so it's only right people with more points will get preference over me
I've been a big critic of the new system but given the increase in interest its actually come along at just the right time.

clint van damme

This’ll be the last time I create a post in this cess-pit anyway. Can’t be arsed being told I don’t care about the club and informed by random people, who seemingly know me better than myself, that I haven’t gone to any games for the last decade - both of which are so far from the truth.

No ones said you don't care, but it's a shame you're going, given your propensity for reading into posts things that haven't actually been said you'd fit right in here

Sick Boy

No - just think as per usual people prefer to be offensive and unfair and not read things properly before passing down ill-informed judgements😊
Not really seen anyone be offensive.

I had a ST in the PL and used to watch us home and away in the Championship until moving abroad the season we went down to League One and then moved back for a few years and mostly did away games during the lower league years.

I moved away again early 2019, so getting tickets for away games is very difficult and I expect it’d be the same for home games if we go up. I still think the points system is fair as it rewards those who go regularly and who’ve stuck by the club - everyone has different circumstances and the club can’t please everyone - I’d rather us be successful and there be such high demand for tickets.

shmmeee

Ballot systems make sense when you’ve had nothing but sell outs for years so there’s no chance to build up points. I don’t think we’re close to that yet.

rob9872

Sheffersleftpeg
Today at 6:39 AM
Don’t think you read my response properly where I acknowledged the situation and were particularly harsh.

Clearly not a very nice person ‘Rob’. Will try and forget your responses and have a good day myself - being nice to people as I go

Thanks for the above in a DM you absolute melt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rob9872

You are of course the only person in the country with a high mortgage and increased energy costs. I'll start a crowdfunding page for your day out at Anfield and I'm sure the food banks will chuck a few quid in 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

Sheffersleftpeg
Today at 6:39 AM
Don’t think you read my response properly where I acknowledged the situation and were particularly harsh.

Clearly not a very nice person ‘Rob’. Will try and forget your responses and have a good day myself - being nice to people as I go

Thanks for the above in a DM you absolute melt 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He sent the exact same to me

its a buzzard

Thankfully those who expect this forum to be an echo chamber will be disappointed. Long may it continue.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

rob9872

Also there may have been 1000 reasons why people didn't go and that's their choice, but the covid season and those L2 &L1 away games certainly can't be blamed on high interest or rising energy cost.

Sick Boy

Also there may have been 1000 reasons why people didn't go and that's their choice, but the covid season and those L2 &L1 away games certainly can't be blamed on high interest or rising energy cost.
The League 2 away games with the grounds, mini pitch invasions and flares made it one of my favourite seasons watching us.

Last edited:

torchomatic

You are of course the only person in the country with a high mortgage and increased energy costs. I'll start a crowdfunding page for your day out at Anfield and I'm sure the food banks will chuck a few quid in 👍

Exactly. We're all suffering with mortgages, energy costs and food prices.

My lad has issues, so we don't tend to go on holidays. He doesn't really like being away from home. The only thing that gets him out is going to see his team, CCFC. He's a different person, particularly away from home. All his anxiety and inhibitions disappear. That's why we go away a lot and hopefully will continue to do so. We've done it for years and this season and have built up a very healthy points total.

At the beginning of the season, did I enjoy away trips to Hull, Norwich, etc with associated costs. Long journeys after defeats? Nope, but my lad still had a great time and that's what it's all about. Sacrifice isn't the right word obviously, but for us and thousands of others, those trips are soon forgotten when we have our day in the sun. Saturday is for people like us.

If we go up next season, those trips to grounds my son only sees on tele, watching players he only sees on tele will be worth every litre of petrol, every night in a Premier inn, every KFC, every hour stuck on the M6.

Points make prizes.

Evo1883

A few typically classless comments in here from two posters who clearly enjoy an argument. Signs of why this is forum is so regularly in the gutter and why a conversation about our best managers for example ends up turning into a row.

If you bothered to properly read my initial response, which clearly you didn’t, I acknowledged the fairness in continuing the points system. I said whether, like some clubs, there would be some form of balloting in place also. That is all. I won’t be saying anything again in here that’s for sure
I think initially its a possibility the current points system stays , however should we become mainstays in the Premier league the club may look to change it ..

It's an impossible question to answer , I'd hope the club reward fans that have been with them throughout like they are now .. I'd be gutted to miss half the away games to somebody who hadn't been away much over the last 6 years when I'd misses about 10 matches in total home and away in that time

torchomatic

The League 2 away games with the grounds, mini pitch invasions and flares made it one of my favourite seasons watching us.
Yeah, enjoyed away games that season.

Hobo

Given we would most likely only be stopping by for one season, I don’t see why those who have decided to take an interest in the last 5 minutes should get to go over those who stuck through the grim seasons in lower league anonymity.
I understand why you say and feel that. But I also know long standing fans, who have also travelled all over the country when we were lucky if there were two coaches following us, who through work and personal circumstances; a season ticket just isn't viable.

There are genuine fans whose attendance is restricted - like one Saturday off a month. Who have been locked out of getting away tickets. Some used to go to more away than home games in a season.

The 'glory hunter', 'bandwagon jumper' tags, are insensitive, insulting and over used cliches.

Evo1883

Most of the grounds I need are in the Premier league 🤣

Championship -24
League 1 - 23
League 2 - 17

The rest are relegations (7 )to the vanarama

I've only actually done 5 premier league grounds with city so really would like to go to the lot 🤣

Evo1883

I understand why you say and feel that. But I also know long standing fans, who have also travelled all over the country when we were lucky if there were two coaches following us, who through work and personal circumstances; a season ticket just isn't viable.

There are genuine fans whose attendance is restricted - like one Saturday off a month. Who have been locked out of getting away tickets. Some used to go to more away than home games in a season.

The 'glory hunter', 'bandwagon jumper' tags, are insensitive, insulting and over used cliches.

Well we've rarely if ever had calls for a ballot on away tickets over the last 6 years? Why now?

tskezz

Irrespective of Saturday’s result, do we think the club will introduce random balloting for a specific number of away tickets for next season? I know some clubs do this to ensure others who want to build up loyalty points have a chance to do so.

I bought a house this season so didn’t renew my ST for the first time, so I’m on 600 odd points with the renewal. Clearly a bad call with bad timing now, but hoping a fair system is established that rightfully prioritises those who’ve committed all their time to going to the most games but then also giving opportunities to lifelong fans who are still on a decent enough amount of points in recent times but will struggle for away tickets if we go up a league or continue to challenge next season.

Don’t quite see how those supporters, like myself, can improve their situation if the current system remains, as the cut off point is only going to continue to rise.

Thoughts?

I dont see why they would need to personally. there has been plenty of non sold out away games to get your points up. And there has been cup games etc.

Everyone has stuff going on meaning they cant always commit but changing it to a ballot for those cases means people who have been able to put time and money into home and away games might miss out on someone on a lucky draw. You either have a points system or you dont, not a hybrid imo.

Plus...
...I bought a house this season so didn’t renew my ST for the first time, so I’m on 600 odd points with the renewal...

You would have been on 800 minimum if you have only missed your ST this season just gone. (270 for 19/20, 300 for 20/21 & 230 for 21/22).

Sick Boy

I don’t think anyone on this forum falls into this category. What annoys me is the plastic fans who support PL teams who are from Cov but seem to have an interest in attending the big games.

Users who are viewing this thread