21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (10 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

One poster wants Bright to fail so he can say ‘I told you so’
Another wants Moore to fail so he can say ‘I told you we should have signed another keeper’
Others want Hyam and Rose to fail so they can say ‘I told you we needed new centre halves’
Another wants Maatsen to fail because he’s a bit of a short arse.

We do need a couple of centre halves, that’s obvious as we have no depth but some actually want our current players to fail just so they can claim to be a fountain of knowledge on a forum
Nobody wants us to fail, that's a pathetic strawman.

I bet every single person with concerns about our recruitment would be absolutely delighted if these threads were bumped in 9 months with us in the playoffs.

You're just projecting because if those circumstances happen you don't want to look like a mug for blindly defending everything for no reason.

TomRad85

Do we think the 2 more to come in includes Cashman? You would hope not wouldn't you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

It’s rather churlish to suggest that everyone questioning things is a bedwetter. I don’t particularly dislike any of the signings we’ve made (not 100% on Moore, and given the talk was another keeper coming in, maybe I’m not alone in that) but I just can’t comprehend how our defence going into the first game of the season is worse than when we finished last season.

Granted, the window isn’t closed. Ive said consistently that if we get the right players through before the end of the window then brilliant. I appreciate that other teams are weaker. But control the controllables; I want us to be pushing upwards regardless of what others are doing and it feels like we’ve lacked strategy so far in this window. No I wouldn’t rather be Derby, or Forest, or Blackburn. Equally, I’d rather see something that resembles progress in terms of our squad and I feel that, as things stand, we’ve regressed slightly.

COV

It’s rather churlish to suggest that everyone questioning things is a bedwetter. I don’t particularly dislike any of the signings we’ve made (not 100% on Moore, and given the talk was another keeper coming in, maybe I’m not alone in that) but I just can’t comprehend how our defence going into the first game of the season is worse than when we finished last season.

Granted, the window isn’t closed. Ive said consistently that if we get the right players through before the end of the window then brilliant. I appreciate that other teams are weaker. But control the controllables; I want us to be pushing upwards regardless of what others are doing and it feels like we’ve lacked strategy so far in this window. No I wouldn’t rather be Derby, or Forest, or Blackburn. Equally, I’d rather see something that resembles progress in terms of our squad and I feel that, as things stand, we’ve regressed slightly.

Neutral on Moore but its Waghorn with me, very happy with getting attackers & he's no doubt better than what we had, but just something doesn't feel right.

Liquid Gold

Again if you are aware why would robins not be and you’re assuming he clicks his fingers and players sign. It’s much more complex isn’t it?
Robins is obviously going to be aware that the defence needed reinforcing but decided to spend £1m on one striker and (according to rumours) make another our highest paid player then seemingly scramble around for whatever defender is left. It might be the perfect strategy but it also isn't wrong to be worried that we could maybe have done without a second striker until we had a defender through the door.

PVA

Robins is obviously going to be aware that the defence needed reinforcing but decided to spend £1m on one striker and (according to rumours) make another our highest paid player then seemingly scramble around for whatever defender is left. It might be the perfect strategy but it also isn't wrong to be worried that we could maybe have done without a second striker until we had a defender through the door.

It will all have been done concurrently.

It's not a case of sign one player, and don't sign the next until that first one is done.

Robins is fully aware we need a CB and will have been working on it all summer. Signing a second striker doesn't prevent us from signing a defender.

Sky Blue Pete

They may already be training with us or an agreement for them to come on a certain day. It’s absolutely fine to be concerned. Without the penalties or mistakes we became a lot better

Liquid Gold

It's not a case of sign one player, and don't sign the next until that first one is done.

Robins is fully aware we need a CB and will have been working on it all summer. Signing a second striker doesn't prevent us from signing a defender.
Well we've just let a trialist go that MR suggested he liked because we can't afford him so I'm going to have to disagree that spending £1m o another striker haas prevented us signing defenders.

Liquid Gold

They may already be training with us or an agreement for them to come on a certain day. It’s absolutely fine to be concerned. Without the penalties or mistakes we became a lot better
Why would we not agree for that certain day to be before the start of the season?

Lets hope 5pm is a new player in the away kit extravaganza.

Sky Blue Pete

Well we've just let a trialist go that MR suggested he liked because we can't afford him so I'm going to have to disagree that spending £1m o another striker haas prevented us signing defenders.
I think he said he has to work within his budget. Also wages may be different to fees.

PVA

Because presumably he has another defensive signing lined up who is better than him.

It's crazy to suggest that Robins doesn't know how much money he has to spend and that by spending some at the start of the window he's hampered himself later on without realising.

COV

I think he said he has to work within his budget. Also wages may be different to fees.

This interview with Waghorn suggests that MR knew he wanted to adapt the way we play, which suggests that if push came to shove the strikers were always going to be priority

“One of things the manager spoke about was pushing teams high up the pitch, and that’s something I like to do as a player as I work hard for the team.”

Liquid Gold

Because presumably he has another defensive signing lined up who is better than him.

It's crazy to suggest that Robins doesn't know how much money he has to spend and that by spending some at the start of the window he's hampered himself later on without realising.
What MR said seems to be the entire reason is his budget.

If he has someone lined up already then why have the lad on trial when he knows his budget won't stretch. If someone has just become available it doesn't fit the narrative of working 2 windows ahead that we've been told is in the model.

I'm not really suggesting any theories, I just feel like something is off this window and can't put my finger on it.

Liquid Gold

Away kit is the other side of the same coin. Something seems…off.
Hopefully with them announcing the short sponsors that was the hiccup, like waiting to agree with Boyle Sports last year.

Still doesn't make us look like a slick outfit when a back of away shorts sponsor agreement holds us up for so long.

Yorkshire SB

The vast majority have been pragmatic about where we are as a club in combination with the external challenges faced this summer. There are about 5 people who shit themselves about how this transfer window has gone every time their Sky Blue cuckoo clock chimes and about the same number on the other extreme who cry Mark Robins' flavoured tears (they taste like Frazzles) if a bad word is said about the club. Both sides have been persistently vocal about it while the rest of us crack on with day to day life. It's the epitome of internet and social media!

Know exactly who you mean - find it so tiresome. Wish they could be arbitrarily booted from the forum.

shmmeee

We’ve literally just not signed a defender because we don’t have the budget.

Liquid Gold

Know exactly who you mean - find it so tiresome. Wish they could be arbitrarily booted from the forum.
Surely this is better than the 7/8 other posters who just call each other names and argue the toss about fuck all on every thread.

At least this is CCFC related.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I didn't say don't form a view? I said don't go to the extremes?

It also depends whether you have seen the player actually play? Or what you are actually forming your opinion from? If you just go on Wikipedia and say 'he's gonna be shit', that's hardly showing any actual intellect. It's not lacking balls or intellect if you simply don't have any knowledge on it? If anything it shows less intelligence to form an opinion without actually having seen something for yourself, or researching a player properly.

The examples I've highlighted are from posters who have researched the player properly.

The outcome is still the same.

procdoc

Nobody wants us to fail, that's a pathetic strawman.

I bet every single person with concerns about our recruitment would be absolutely delighted if these threads were bumped in 9 months with us in the playoffs.

You're just projecting because if those circumstances happen you don't want to look like a mug for blindly defending everything for no reason.
I’m not defending all of our signings. I’m going to wait and see how we perform before passing judgement. The amount of bed wetting is pathetic

Loughborough Sky Blue

Away kit is the other side of the same coin. Something seems…off.
Apparently there have been a lot of delays with Hummel kits this season - A supplier issue or something. Yes, we are very late with it, but to suggest it is some wild conspiracy is a bit much. Don't really have much else to add, just wanted to help get us to 200. 😁

KenilworthSkyBlue

If he has someone lined up already then why have the lad on trial when he knows his budget won't stretch. If someone has just become available it doesn't fit the narrative of working 2 windows ahead that we've been told is in the model.

I'm not really suggesting any theories, I just feel like something is off this window and can't put my finger on it.

What I also find odd is that I'm sure Robins said a few weeks ago that the condition of bringing in players he's lined up isn't necessarily based on moving players on. However, the narrative on that seems to have changed.

Hobo

We’ve literally just not signed a defender because we don’t have the budget.

Perhaps it is just a case of not enough budget for that defender because he already has ear marked budget for two loans he thinks will be better?

shmmeee

It’s comments like this that make me think somethings off:

76873B9B-603E-4E3D-BEF6-FA2E45521BF7.jpeg

Liquid Gold

I’m not defending all of our signings. I’m going to wait and see how we perform before passing judgement. The amount of bed wetting is pathetic
Ah yeah, I was waiting for someone to say bedwetting. Perfect way of trying to shut down the debate, congratulations.

Users who are viewing this thread