21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (14 Viewers)

higgs

If it was in stages based on appearances goals etc but 1m upfront seems a lot for a guy who could be available on a free in 12 months

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

baldy

Wouldn’t expect Mark Robins to be anything other than cautious in any statement or comment on our on going recruitment, he never has been different and hardly likely to be different time.

I did hear and this has apparently come from inside the club our interest in Matty Jame became luke warm from an early stage big reason being we could get two decent quality players in for what the James camp were after. I reckon his agent kept our apparent interest going to help the Bristol negotiations..

Who‘s this Luke Warm? Any good?

long way home

Half a million with add ons for him sounds more realistic, but if it doesn't happen it won't be a disaster as MR will have alternative targets to act on. I can see 6 or 7 in and same out including loans.

Its a massive few weeks for the club and MR. I just hope our players returning from injury stay fit and some of our younger players step up and help us move forward and aim for a higher finish than last season.

Pete in Portugal

Didn't Brighton pay something like £1m for Gyokores when they signed him from the Swedish club, IF Brommapojkarna, in January 2018? If that's correct, and they decide to sell him, Brighton would want to recoup as much of their investment as possible and it wouldn't be surprising if their asking price was about £1m.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Didn't Brighton pay something like £1m for Gyokores when they signed him from the Swedish club, IF Brommapojkarna, in January 2018? If that's correct, and they decide to sell him, Brighton would want to recoup as much of their investment as possible and it wouldn't be surprising if their asking price was about £1m.
He was a good little player

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

can we write into his contract we get first dibs on his offspring, get an elite footballer breeding program started :unsure:

Sky Blue Nursery set up at the Alan Bibbs Centre. Focus on improving their dribbling.

Got images of the Peter Ndlovu Stud Farm, run by David Seaman. Could even sell the rights to TV - Tollbar Love Island. Though with Cov it'd more likely end up with Erectile Dysfunction Junction.

shmmeee

“Probably waiting for the social media team and staff to be back”

giphy.gif

Greggs

Not worried yet, just hope we have a competitive side come August the 7th. Hopefully it wont be another Tony 'the season doesnt start until September' Mowbray incident.

junglej13

Not worried yet, just hope we have a competitive side come August the 7th. Hopefully it wont be another Tony 'the season doesnt start until September' Mowbray incident.
Judge me after ten games he said... Shortly before promptly resigning hot on the heels of our tenth game.

Last edited:

Greggs

Just me after ten games he said... Shortly before promptly resigning hot on the heels of our tenth game.
What a joke that was, reckon they just spent pre-season smoking weed and playing head and volleys

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Spent the whole summer chasing Kelvin Wilson didn’t we - weren’t he rumoured to be on 25k? Now James has gone early - luckily means we can focus elsewhere

Winny the Bish

Think Kevin Long from Burnley was one. Has played in the Premier League ever since.
Sam Gallagher was another. He went to Blackburn in the league above. Someone who was ITK at the time told me Wright was the 6th option we tried to get in his position and panicked to bring him in without ever seeing him play.

CDK

Fully fit Gyo and Walker as a front two might actually be decent based on flashes of quality in their respective stop start seasons last time out.
That's what I'm thinking,also Matt godden how fit is he going to be can robins rely on him for starting 28 games.

Legia Sky Blue

This pre season is like no other before so no point really comparing previous seasons given the financial circumstances brought about by Covid. Most Championship clubs will not want to spend big on wages, while players & their agents will obviously still try to get as much as they can. That could lead to a Mexican stand off whereby the better players are likely to wait out until nearer the start of the season keeping their options open, resulting in most of the Summer's transfer business being conducted in August. I certainly don't see the better PL loans being available until then at least.

That obviously doesn't fit into how MR usually likes to do business so I still suspect and hope that some new blood will be brought in before our first friendly, but is it better to hold out for better players and not have them as part of your pre season preparation, or to jump the gun and bring in inferior players, but who have more time to settle before the season starts? Teams like Luton have clearly taken the latter approach, but either way its a big call. Probably best to fall somewhere between the two I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread