21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we are genuinely interested in Baker where does he fit. You would guess on the left of the 3.

It was interesting that one of the graphs showed Fadz to be a good distributor (progressive passer I think they called it) from the central position so anyone taking his place would need to have his ball playing attributes which Baker just doesn’t have.

Could that be because as the central of the three he drops slightly deeper than the other two if we play it across the back so most of his passes have to be forward, even if its just to one of the other CB's

Frostie

Could that be because as the central of the three he drops slightly deeper than the other two if we play it across the back so most of his passes have to be forward, even if its just to one of the other CB's

That wouldn't qualify as a Progressive Pass as it hasn't travelled a significant enough distance.
That said, the central player of the back 3 is likely to get more Progressive Pass opportunities into the Midfielders/Strikers. Often, the most obvious pass (and therefore usually the best) for the LCB & RCB is to their wing-back which may not always be deemed progressive.

That said Fadz is particularly good at it & his Accuracy % shows that, which is part of why he plays as the middle of the 3 imo.

If we were to sign Baker & Fadz is to see fewer minutes this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose move into the centre of the 3 - he's a decent passer.

Liquid Gold

I saw the person that told me Baker is good but way too injury prone last night and they were gushing about Patterson, said he's incredibly skilful and great technique. Was gutted to see him leave.

Terry_dactyl

I saw the person that told me Baker is good but way too injury prone last night and they were gushing about Patterson, said he's incredibly skilful and great technique. Was gutted to see him leave.
That sounds really promising. He’s played a lot for them...maybe not so much this year? Any ideas why he’s being allowed to leave?

Users who are viewing this thread