21/22 Summer transfer mega-thread (3 Viewers)

mmttww

People acting like Jodi Jones (even if he can get back to full fitness and last 90 minutes without his knee going again) would be able to cut it in the Championship because he had a decent spell in League 2 about 3 years ago hahahahaha. Coventry fans easily the most deluded on the planet. The lad is finished. We need to let him go.

Yeah, Leeds have no eye for players at all. Nothing in their interest suggests you might just be talking sh*t for attention. Some players come back from ACLs (see earlier posts), some don't. Robins is prepared to see if he can. Reckon he's a bit more clued up on the subject than you.

shmmeee

People acting like Jodi Jones (even if he can get back to full fitness and last 90 minutes without his knee going again) would be able to cut it in the Championship because he had a decent spell in League 2 about 3 years ago hahahahaha. Coventry fans easily the most deluded on the planet. The lad is finished. We need to let him go.

You saying that is probably the best compliment you can give him considering your opinion on O’Hare.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

From what I saw of JJ previously and in old highlights videos since, the biggest thing he'll need to improve is decision making and game awareness

He won't have the same time on the ball and Champ defenders will be wiser to tricks like trying to knock the ball past them

Think his comeback will be more about his ability to adapt tactically than physically. Knowing a little about some of the work he is doing and his progression to date, I don't doubt he will be fine physically

higgs

Thinking we need a new keeper two centre halfs a left back a centre mid an attacking mid and a centre forward to be a comfortable mid table team next season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

Bloody hell how the hell did we stay up ?
Half of those are to replace the loans that have gone back.Sam Osti and James Baka isn't up to it at this level mcfadz are the legs there for another season in the championship then ur looking at back up to o hare although Jodi could provide that cover if fit then I think we need a more composed reliable goal keeper we need to cut out as much of the silly errors as possible next season 12 penaltys is crazy stuff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yorkshire SB

In my view he (Jones) was championship level when he got injured, made a mockery of L2. He’s got technical ability most players in the football league could only dream of.

3 huge injuries, next to no football for four years - would be pretty much unprecedented if he did come back and have a decent career.

After all this we may as well give Jones another year, if he shows any signs of being capable at this level then it’d be worth it, and there must be some hope he could be, Robins isn’t an idiot.

skyblueelephant76

CovLis86

Apparently they want £5m for Jephcott. I can't see them getting that but whatever fee he does go for will probably be out of our league.

They are in a dream world if they think they'll get that. I expect they could get 2mill for him tops. Don't think he's realistic for us due to that. We need to raise strength in too many places to use most budget in that one.

TomRad85

Match over so back to this thread. One I forgot to mention is Sorinola of MK Dons for the left wing back position. Seems to tick all the boxes, young, highly rated and above all running down his contract (free)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Match over so back to this thread. One I forgot to mention is Sorinola of MK Dons for the left wing back position. Seems to tick all the boxes, young, highly rated and above all running down his contract (free)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Good player. His agent is hawking him around though so will no doubt go where the money is.

shmmeee

OK, basically I think we need to sign the Brighton U23 defence. Christian Walton is out of contract at GK. Get Østigård back on loan, get Haydon Roberts in on loan, 18 left sided CB been at Rochdale this season.

I’d also sign Györkeres permanently, try and get Twine and Ogbeta in and Walsh and James on frees. Loan in some pace going forwards from the Prem. Nice balanced squad that can play 3412/532/433/541

Walton (£0)
Rose Østigård (L) Roberts (L)
Dabo Hamer James (£0) Ogbeta (£600k?)
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres (£1m)

Wilson
Pask McFadz Hyam
Dacosta Walsh (£0) Eccles Reid
Twine (compo £500k max?)
Godden Biamou

Bilson
?? Drysdale McGrath
Rowe Burroughs Ngandu Newton
Bapaga
Tavares Nee

Extra: Jones, loanee forward with pace

Total spend: £2.1m (less than last season)

Players out: Marosi, Mason, Kelly, Shipley, Allen, Jobello, Kastaneer, Hilßner, Bakayoko, Williams, Thompson, Bartlett, Bremang

Players in: Walton, Ogbeta, James, Walsh, Twine, Györkeres, U23 CB

Loans out: Sheaf, McCallum, James, Østigård, Györkeres

Loans in: Østigård, Roberts, pacy forward (unless Tavares really kicks on)

Sky Blue Pete

OK, basically I think we need to sign the Brighton U23 defence. Christian Walton is out of contract at GK. Get Østigård back on loan, get Haydon Roberts in on loan, 18 left sided CB been at Rochdale this season.

I’d also sign Györkeres permanently, try and get Twine and Ogbeta in and Walsh and James on frees. Loan in some pace going forwards from the Prem. Nice balanced squad that can play 3412/532/433/541

Walton (£0)
Rose Østigård (L) Roberts (L)
Dabo Hamer James (£0) Ogbeta (£600k?)
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres (£1m)

Wilson
Pask McFadz Hyam
Dacosta Walsh (£0) Eccles Reid
Twine (compo £500k max?)
Godden Biamou

Bilson
?? Drysdale McGrath
Rowe Burroughs Ngandu Newton
Bapaga
Tavares Nee

Extra: Jones, loanee forward with pace

Total spend: £2.1m (less than last season)

Players out: Marosi, Mason, Kelly, Shipley, Allen, Jobello, Kastaneer, Hilßner, Bakayoko, Williams, Thompson, Bartlett, Bremang

Players in: Walton, Ogbeta, James, Walsh, Twine, Györkeres, U23 CB

Loans out: Sheaf, McCallum, James, Østigård, Györkeres

Loans in: Østigård, Roberts, pacy forward (unless Tavares really kicks on)
Wonder how close that is to the master plan?
Names will be different but the principle will be bang on. Only difference is hyam won’t be going anywhere

SlowerThanPlatt

Brighton’s technical director is Dan Ashworth, formerly of the FA, who is partly responsible for the impressive crop of English players coming through.

Impressive set up there - a club who really invested in their infrastructure

shmmeee

Out the first team I mean sorry

I know this is a controversial view and Hyam has started more than anyone else I think, we desperately need to improve the defence and the difference in distribution between say Rose and Hyam, or Dabo and McCallum is night and day. We’d be a completely different proposition if we had a left side that matched our right.

Same as McCallum, as much as Hyam has come on this season, and as many good things he does, his decision making and use of the ball really hold us back offensively.

Users who are viewing this thread