2046 (2 Viewers)

covhead1

Yes because having had years of misery since relegation from the premier league it sounds exciting - I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

glad to see your a man of principle grendel......NOT!

theferret

Not hard to work out if you have half a minute. Anyone not aware of what's going on is a sandwich short of a picnic

Understanding the reasons is completely different from understanding how somebody has arrived at that reasoning. Fact is, for most football fans, the idea of supporters choosing not to support their team is totally counter-intuitive. There really isn't much sympathy out there - and to those not all that interested (that's most supporters) it does look like we have given up.

theferret

According to Northants Police, there were 1648 Coventry fans inside the ground. Dont know how many were paying or complimetary tickets,but the Police figures differ from the clubs numbers....again!!!!

I know who I believe!! PUSB

They differ by 27. Not really on the same level at the 9/11 conspiracies.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Understanding the reasons is completely different from understanding how somebody has arrived at that reasoning. Fact is, for most football fans, the idea of supporters choosing not to support their team is totally counter-intuitive. There really isn't much sympathy out there - and to those not all that interested (that's most supporters) it does look like we have given up.

So you suggest that we all flock to Sixfield and the watching football world thinks- "My My, Coventry fans are happy to groundshare?- what a jolly decent bunch they are"

*Edit thats if 'all of us' could actually get into Sixfield (based on last years home average attendance).

Grendel

glad to see your a man of principle grendel......NOT!

I'm very honest and its hardly principal is it? I'm against the move but if we play the whole season at Sixfields I will weigh up the pros and cons, I don't care what anyone else thinks - I never do about anything.

torchomatic

So how many are going to see Northampton's second team at Vale next week? Not many, I would imagine.

Those Loyal to the Northampton Second Team will not be responsible for bringing Coventry back to Coventry. It is the stay away fans who will influence it.

theferret

So you suggest that we all flock to Sixfield and the watching football world thinks- "My My, Coventry fans are happy to groundshare?- what a jolly decent bunch they are"

*Edit thats if 'all of us' could actually get into Sixfield (based on last years home average attendance).

No, I suggest we go there to cause a fuss. Get the issue into the news. A few publicity stunts and creative protests. Make Fisher feel a bit more uncomfortable on matchdays rather than all the backslapping he is enjoying at the moment, his smile gets bigger every week. Keep the issue fresh in everyone's mind. What is happening is that 2000 are turning up and a few others 200 yards away on a grass verge - that situation looks set for the rest of the season. The issue has gone away, nobody is talking about it (outside the club), and it will carry on like that until SISU crumble - I reckon it'll be 3 years. If everyone is willing to wait for that then fine. Besides, I have long since lost this argument, and just sound like a parrot. I hoped to come on here and talk about the game, but have become embroiled in the same old arguments again.

L

longjohnskyblue

Given how well the team are playing, I'm amazed at how low the attendances are staying.

The answer is simple really, sixfields is effectively an away fixture - hence you will get away gates! Unless they draw a big team in the cup, the crowds are never going to get anywhere near 3000 yet alone full house

ohitsaidwalker king power

No, I suggest we go there to cause a fuss. Get the issue into the news. A few publicity stunts and creative protests. Make Fisher feel a bit more uncomfortable on matchdays rather than all the backslapping he is enjoying at the moment, his smile gets bigger every week. Keep the issue fresh in everyone's mind. What is happening is that 2000 are turning up and a few others 200 yards away on a grass verge - that situation looks set for the rest of the season. The issue has gone away, nobody is talking about it (outside the club), and it will carry on like that until SISU crumble - I reckon it'll be 3 years. If everyone is willing to wait for that then fine. Besides, I have long since lost this argument, and just sound like a parrot. I hoped to come on here and talk about the game, but have become embroiled in the same old arguments again.

Define 'Fuss'.. sorry not being pedantic but what else can we mere mortals do....vote with feet, withholding cashflow is the ultimate "fuss" isnt it?

theferret

Define 'Fuss'.. sorry not being pedantic but what else can we mere mortals do....vote with feet, withholding cashflow is the ultimate "fuss" isnt it?

In the ground? I don't know, fans turn their back on the game for first 10 minutes - that would receive some publicity and would make a good photo opportunity. Another game everyone wears black. Next game we all launch toilet rolls onto the pitch. Another a peaceful pitch invasion and at all others large banners and visible signs of discontent - stuff that can clearly be seen on TV during goal highlights. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and some of it might be silly - but this sort of stuff would be noticed and perhaps would focus minds more than a boycott.

NorthernWisdom

In the ground? I don't know, fans turn their back on the game for first 10 minutes - that would receive some publicity and would make a good photo opportunity. Another game everyone wears black. Next game we all launch toilet rolls onto the pitch. Another a peaceful pitch invasion and at all others large banners and visible signs of discontent - stuff that can clearly be seen on TV during goal highlights. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud and some of it might be silly - but this sort of stuff would be noticed and perhaps would focus minds more than a boycott.

The walking out after 20 minutes was the finest idea I saw.

Of course if the team's playing well the challenge would be to make it happen!

stupot07

Sisu came into football to make money ,if they can not they will leave

Does anyone come in to football to make money? It's the only business model in the world were people expect the business to lose money year on year. Very few if any make money from football.

Does anyone come in to football to make money? It's the only business model in the world were people expect the business to lose money year on year. Very few if any make money from football.

In terms of making money from football two names immediately spring to mind viz Bates and Venables and you don't expect a hedge fund to buy into the business for the love of the club or game.:thinking about:

Sbarcher

SISU did buy us to make money. Not from CCFC but from the Ricoh.

BurbageSkyBlues

Back on thread.....sorry.....

I wonder if there is a bit of local interest creeping in, from around the Northampton area? It must be tempting to have a peep, attractive football and plenty of goals? From years gone by, we used to pull in support from the western sides of Northampton and its county.

A part of me suspects this may be one of Fisher's hopes, that having reduced outgoings to a minimum, we have an attractive team that generates local interest, and any success in this division would result in a boost in income without added expenditure- how many millions is promotion worth?

Could we become a yo yo team between these two leagues, and generate a healthy profit? A bit like WBA only a division lower?

Last edited:

italiahorse

I'm surprised at how it's increasing. Alot more people behind the goal today. That's where the noise is coming from.

At the Ricoh when the team are performing well the crowd went up by thousands.
I also believe Northampton folk are going as it's quiet cheap for them and it's a league higher.

Sky Blues

IIRC, didn't Tim Fisher predict gates would be about 3,000 if City were struggling and 7,000 if successful? The team is winning but the crowds remain around 2,000... It highlights how Sisu have misjudged the mood of most fans.

jesus-wept

Doesn't matter if gates went up 1000 it is still a financial mess for sisu never mind what they say, Gate went up about 200 Saturday if all adults that's about £4k had it been at the Ricoh given the recent decent results I think it would have gone up about 2000, that's £40000. + the extra revenue for a 12000 gate. Despite what Fisher says this costing sisu plenty. The continued silence from Fisher proves it.

skybluelee

Doesn't matter if gates went up 1000 it is still a financial mess for sisu never mind what they say, Gate went up about 200 Saturday if all adults that's about £4k had it been at the Ricoh given the recent decent results I think it would have gone up about 2000, that's £40000. + the extra revenue for a 12000 gate. Despite what Fisher says this costing sisu plenty. The continued silence from Fisher proves it.

And they will drop more quickly during poor runs of form than they grow during good.

duffer

Isn't that the key, even if the team keeps winning and another thousand (or even two thousand) come back it's still not a sustainable basis in the medium-to-long term. Personally, I'm not buying Fisher's bs - there's no way SISU continue funding this for more than a season, maybe not even that long. The sticking points now, imho, are the JR and the investigation of the administration/liquidation.

Once that's all done and dusted I think things will start moving again with regard to SISU selling up, and/or the club moving back.

dadgad

There are huge variables in gates and the reasons behind them.
Many thought the move to Norfampton wouldn't happen but now the sense of realisation has set in gates have still not risen significantly, despite good ish weather and form.

For the vast majority though it is and never will be about these vagaries. We are Coventry and should be there.

It is that simple.

KCIC

treenie01

Back on thread.....sorry.....

I wonder if there is a bit of local interest creeping in, from around the Northampton area? It must be tempting to have a peep, attractive football and plenty of goals? From years gone by, we used to pull in support from the western sides of Northampton and its county.

A part of me suspects this may be one of Fisher's hopes, that having reduced outgoings to a minimum, we have an attractive team that generates local interest, and any success in this division would result in a boost in income without added expenditure- how many millions is promotion worth?

Could we become a yo yo team between these two leagues, and generate a healthy profit? A bit like WBA only a division lower?

There were a few dicks that were going yesterday because akinfenwa was returning. I calm them dicks because to go and watch a team just because an overpaid selfobsessed fat twat is playing is beyond my comprehension

Spionkop

Just to drive it home. Only Dagenham had a lower crowd than us at the weekend. & Cambridge and Grimsby in the Conference had much bigger crowds.
Just stay away City fans. Money talks. The only language Sisu know.
At this rate Nuneaton will have bigger crowds soon.

stupot07

Just to drive it home. Only Dagenham had a lower crowd than us at the weekend. & Cambridge and Grimsby in the Conference had much bigger crowds.
Just stay away City fans. Money talks. The only language Sisu know.
At this rate Nuneaton will have bigger crowds soon.

Stay away? Is that from Northampton or just sixfields?

Users who are viewing this thread