2046 (1 Viewer)

Covstu

fair comment but if they sold sixfields out for every home game do you think they would be so willing to come back any time soon??

yes I think they would, if there is a following then it can come back to Cov. We need the club to own a ground and this is the only way the club will come back to cov in my opinion!

Flying Fokker

Those Loyal to the Northampton Second Team will not be responsible for bringing Coventry back to Coventry. It is the stay away fans who will influence it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Coventry fans attendances at sixfields have roughly been

So 700 up on the first game at sixfields, if we continue to climb the table I can see the attendance getting slowly higher. A gradual climb that will probably level off between 2500-3000 I reckon

valiant15

again if you think that this is keeping the club away from the city you're so deluded, its a deal between ACL and SISU that needs sorting. No fans sitting on a hill or even in the ground is going to change that my friend.

Theres only one side that don't want to talk and we know who that is. Im sure if the attendence at sixfields was 0 then the club would be back at the Ricoh asap.

percy

...or out of existence.

wont happen. why would you propose to move out of town for three years, whilst building a new stadium, say you will cover losses for that period and then pull the plug?? moving back home literally puts millions back into there pockets. this should be the way forward

NorthernWisdom

wont happen. why would you propose to move out of town for three years, whilst building a new stadium, say you will cover losses for that period and then pull the plug??

Again, if you say that's what'll happen, that they'll cover the losses regardless, then fans going or otherwise make no difference to that.

if however they *won't* cover the losses, then oblivion is a very real possibility.

And 5 or 5,000 fans won't change that.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Well they said theyll fund the losses for this groundshare.

wont happen. why would you propose to move out of town for three years, whilst building a new stadium, say you will cover losses for that period and then pull the plug?? moving back home literally puts millions back into there pockets. this should be the way forward

Your confidence in SISU to deliver on their promises is refeshing... I'm afraid that I dont share your optimism that they will deliver on what they promise though.
I hope I am wrong.

covhead1

I know were playing some great football at the mo but surely ffs this is'nt about the football,
those twats called sisu have taken our club out of COVENTRY and until were back there I aint going to any home games. FULL STOP!
So come on SBA lets stick to our guns and see this through.
NO SURRENDER!

percy

no im not saying they will deliver but this club will not go out of existance is what i mean. there are options for them. they are playing the waiting game and the more people that follow them then the longer they can or will wait

NorthernWisdom

but this club will not go out of existance is what i mean.

To not consider that as a very real possibility is wishful thinking.

Or a way to rationalise guilt about the consequences of not going.

I'm not going, I'm fully aware by not going I contribute towards the death of the club.

So be it, I quite like the money I spend on leisure to be fun not an ordeal after all.

But my eyes are wide open to the consequences.

Last edited:

percy

but this club will not go out of existance is what i mean.
To not consider that as a very real possibility is wishful thinking.

Or a way to rationalise guilt about the consequences of not going.

I'm not going, I'm fully aware by not going I contribute towards the death of the club.

So be it, I quite like the money I spend on leisure to be fun not an ordeal after all.

But my eyes are wide open to the consequences.

not wishful thinking really though is it.

pusbccfc

I gave monitored the progress from the hill...

There is no chance that there was 200 more there today.

Everyone of us said on kickoff there was likely 200 less!!

Covstu

It just means that sisu have to dip deeper into their pockets rather than use income from supporter's.

and you really think SISU are going to panic sell if the income isn't there?? Hmmm don't think so, they had the opportunity to sell up not too long ago and ensured this did not happen.

NorthernWisdom

It just means that sisu have to dip deeper into their pockets rather than use income from supporter's.

But if SISU are telling the truth, and will fund all losses regardless before building a nice new ground, then why would you want that?

Either they're not telling the truth about being prepared to fund losses for that length of time (probable IMHO) in which case be prepared for oblivion if this doesn't work out for them;

Or they *are* telling the truth (unlikely IMHO), but if they *were* they'd actually have a long term plan and commitment towards the club.

I make no bones about it, the minute bricks (or concrete nowadays I guess) start being laid on a new stadium is the day I back them.

If however you believe they're telling the truth now about funding losses, what's to stop you backing them now? And even if you don;t do that, why the sheer hatred towards those who are? Either they share your faith in a SISU future, or their attendance or otherwise will have no effect on the outcome.

Well... apart from the fact it's a protest of absence, which gives the impression nobody can be arsed whether the club lives or dies anyway.

skybluelee

The fickle nature of football fans means that crowds will drop quicker during a run of poor form than they grow during good form.

SISU will be shocked by an avg of less than 1500 at 'home' games so far.

Nopm.

theferret

Well... apart from the fact it's a protest of absence, which gives the impression nobody can be arsed whether the club lives or dies anyway.

Absolutely. Quote from a Gillingham fan in the pub after I informed him the gate would be about 2000, "Seems like most fans have given up on the club'. I put him right obviously, but that's surely how many see it. Most football fans cannot get their head around a prolonged boycott.

Flying Fokker

Yes because having had years of misery since relegation from the premier league it sounds exciting - I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

I'm the same. It is a complete pain. But I will not be going. I may travel to away games through.

robbiethemole

According to Northants Police, there were 1648 Coventry fans inside the ground. Dont know how many were paying or complimetary tickets,but the Police figures differ from the clubs numbers....again!!!!

I know who I believe!! PUSB

Flying Fokker

Absolutely. Quote from a Gillingham fan in the pub after I informed him the gate would be about 2000, "Seems like most fans have given up on the club'. I put him right obviously, but that's surely how many see it. Most football fans cannot get their head around a prolonged boycott.
Why on earth would anyone travel 35 miles for a home game.

NorthernWisdom

Yup, forget the rights and wrongs of the move, there need to be some active movements about the fact we want a club in Coventry.

And come any active protests, it's pretty clear those who can be arsed to go to Sixfields (to either stand on a hill or sit in a ground) should be high on the list of people you'd target to swell numbers for such a protest.

So given numbers show people care, bit pathetic to go dick waving about who's the better fan full-stop, from *whichever* perspective (all this watching the game for free bullshit not helpful either. Somehow doubt seeing some of the ground stood on a hill is quite what people had in mind about the full fan experience after all!) just makes it more likely protests get more and more passive.

Users who are viewing this thread