2023-24 New Kit Thread (4 Viewers)

David O'Day

Every season I post the same comment about it being only children who should be wearing football shirts outside of playing football and people still bite ;)

PVA

Not a huge fan of the sponsor (though a million times better than a betting company) but the shirt itself looks nice I think.

TomRad85

Think it looks ok. Dougs brother is a touch odd but he seems weirdly into it and probably keen to get involved and put a few quid in. Doubt we gave it away for practically nothing as some seem to be suggesting.

Manchester_sky_blue

Well...at least its not a betting company.
Does make me think, that DK struggled to get a 'decent money' sponsor, and has just asked his brother to help out...if that makes sense ?
I don't think so, I think it's more the case that Will and Doug are trying to build.brand King between them and I don't see a problem with that.

chiefdave

What do people actually want from a sponsor? People complain when we have local firms that it makes us look tinpot, complain when we have a betting sponsor, complain when we have someone whose colour scheme doesn’t match ours.

Now we’ve got someone who seems to tick all the boxes and the thread is full of don’t like the sponsor comments

Tripehound

What's occurring with the shorts? On the shop website, Junior version seems to have chevrons or something down the sides, Adult ones are plain sky blue.

Also "This will also see King of Shaves become the Club’s official grooming partner ahead of the new campaign." sounds dodgy AF.

Deity

I think it would be helpful to disclose the value of the deal so that it couldn’t be argued that his brother got it on the cheap but beyond that I’m for it.

Not a betting company ✅
Not a tin pot local company ✅

Users who are viewing this thread