2023-24 New Kit Thread (3 Viewers)

The Philosopher

As an aside, I’m sure I read something years ago about psychology and kit colours and the effects on opponents.

Red kits create danger in opponent mindsets and are more likely to win. Blue is “cool under pressure”.

Just saying.

I never liked us playing in pale yellow. Glad it’s not that.

Skybluedownunder

skippy, the blue on the away kit is closer to the colour of leicester's shirt than the blue of the home kit

Yeah ok, wearing a bright red top is well similar to Leicesters kit. I can really see how players would get confused with that you stupid fat Scottish fuck!

Can’t help yourself comment every time I write, soooo sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lacesoutdom

really annoys me they do dont something more fun with the release of these things, get some old footage of the 1996 season, or even tease some bits over the last week or so.

The Philosopher

Interesting that the back is blue and the front is dominated by red.

According to the psychology articles above, that’s put fear in opponents facing and composure in our players passing to a player running in space.

Probably boll**** but….

I wonder if there’s any merit in putting goalies in kit that just confuse attackers, those depth confusing shapes that old warships used to have…. Just rambling.

wingy

According to the psychology articles above, that’s put fear in opponents facing and composure in our players passing to a player running in space.

Probably boll**** but….

I wonder if there’s any merit in putting goalies in kit that just confuse attackers, those depth confusing shapes that old warships used to have…. Just rambling.
Always thought this and the next year's had an intimidating quality.

1692013039491.png

SeaSeeEffCee

Not sure where this idea that the EFL force you to have a plain backed shirt has come from. Sheffield Wednesday’s home kit has stripes on the back. Can barely even tell that out kit has stripes on it half the time.

blunted

As an aside, I’m sure I read something years ago about psychology and kit colours and the effects on opponents.

Red kits create danger in opponent mindsets and are more likely to win. Blue is “cool under pressure”.

Just saying.

I never liked us playing in pale yellow. Glad it’s not that.

Used to be a stat that red strips won more games taken pro-rata when we were in the Prem. Not sure that still applies. Lot of teams wear sky blue now. Used to be mainly us and Man City with sky blue and white.

Frostie

Not sure where this idea that the EFL force you to have a plain backed shirt has come from. Sheffield Wednesday’s home kit has stripes on the back. Can barely even tell that out kit has stripes on it half the time.
They don't force you but they are quite anal about the names & numbers being clearly legible.
That's partly why Huddersfield ended up with red numbers previously & now have gold numbers on blue & white stripes. The Sheffield Wednesday one doesn't look too bad with black though tbf.

For most teams it's probably just the easy way out to have a plain back.

jim20

They don't force you but they are quite anal about the names & numbers being clearly legible.
That's partly why Huddersfield ended up with red numbers previously & now have gold numbers on blue & white stripes. The Sheffield Wednesday one doesn't look too bad with black though tbf.

I imagine it’s not worth the hassle if they were to get it wrong and league tell the club they can’t wear the kit

Happy_Martian

Looks really nice until you see the back
View attachment 31461

Add the player name and number to break up the flatness. And then maybe a sponsor over the shoulders ?

I don't care. It looks class. And would be great hanging next to the "Chelsea" version ;)

I just want to know when it's on general release. Tried to preorder the home and the webstore screwed me so will be having to pay a visit to West Orchards.... but when ????

SeaSeeEffCee

Tbh I found the Huddersfield numbers to completely illegible on the highights on Saturday. Maybe they're better in person. I think I woud be worth the hassle in order to have a much nicer relica shirt for supprorters.

stupot07

Can you order name & number online through the pre order? Or is it shirt only? Not sure it it's just not working because I'm on my phone but nothing is showing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

Probably boll**** but….

Or put a bullseye target on the goalie shirts

Kilclines curly mullet

Can you order name & number online through the pre order? Or is it shirt only? Not sure it it's just not working because I'm on my phone but nothing is showing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Pretty sure that when the home shirt was released on pre order the club said no shirt personalisation was available at the time. Not sure if that has changed now

Users who are viewing this thread