2018/19 Season Ticket Prices (2 Viewers)

wingy

But there are plenty that can pay more and at 60 still could be working for another 7 years.
Terry this is Coventry we're talking about not Chelsea /Fulham/Oxford /Cambridge etc.
Not everyone got that second home in Provence or a Villa on the Costas
Try being self employed for 40 years some of the time averaging 70 HR weeks ending up divorced in a two up two down in Buy to let land with no real pension to speak of cos the wankers who've exploited you have suppressed you income for 15 years
Please don't be so crass to believe it's all been a land of milk and honey for everyone.
I know you haven't had the best run recently either.

NorthernWisdom

If you marketed it really heavily for a 3 month period in the media and did countdowns every week it could work - it’s 4 or 5 games at normal price. Discounts on steps never work. It is t really a season ticket it’s a 5 game package in effect.
I just can't see us getting anywhere near 25k. We struggle to give tickets away at times! Have to make it vaguely attainable, otherwise we just look like we're in cloud cuckoo land.

And let's face it, our board doesn't need much encouragement to look like that!

wingy

Thank fuck it's only £11 to go down the Butts on a Saturday and I've even given that a pass for the last five or six games to stretch my income.

Grendel

No your right. It was 50 for me with unreduced Jaguar pension, retired managers car, mortgage paid off and brand new Land Rover Defender out of the leaving package.
Thanks for reminding me ;)

Oh it’s even better now. You can cash the lot in and on average the value they give you is twice the fund value. Many are getting £1 million nestling in the bank and still working for as long as they want.

Terry Gibson's perm

No your right. It was 50 for me with unreduced Jaguar pension, retired managers car, mortgage paid off and brand new Land Rover Defender out of the leaving package.
Thanks for reminding me ;)

Yours would be treble then:emoji_money_mouth:

Terry Gibson's perm

Oh it’s even better now. You can cash the lot in and on average the value they give you is twice the fund value. Many are getting £1 million nestling in the bank and still working for as long as they want.

No wonder the cars are so expensive

italiahorse

I still play football with several Jag managers so I know its not the case. Even the retired managers car has gone. Shame really as there are some good guys there.
I guess I was lucky. Keep paying my pension though mate ;)

Grendel

I still play football with several Jag managers so I know its not the case. Even the retired managers car has gone. Shame really as there are some good guys there.
I guess I was lucky. Keep paying my pension though mate ;)

The retired car hasn’t gone you are eligible at 55 I’ve cashed mine in one bloke I know got £1.4 million what are you on about?

Grendel

Well the management retirement plan exists so that’s bollocks and the new government rules allow cash out of DBS nearly everyone from the old scheme has so yeah you are as ever talking shite.

Tell you what let’s bave a charity bet of £1,000 on the car scheme first - up for it?

italiahorse

Well the management retirement plan exists so that’s bollocks and the new government rules allow cash out of DBS nearly everyone from the old scheme has so yeah you are as ever talking shite.

Tell you what let’s bave a charity bet of £1,000 on the car scheme first - up for it?

So LL6 get management cars in retirement ?

Grendel

So LL6 get management cars in retirement ?

Er yes. Ll5 has I think been reduced to 1 in a recent bulletin. The only restriction is Ford products are not allowed anymore.

If you really have a load of jaguar mates they must be thick as fuck. I don’t know any long servers still in the scheme. We’ve all cashed out. If the fund I’m now in makes 2% a year I’ll be able to retire next year and take the same salary I got st work as a pension for 30 years - many are better off than that as I’ve not done the full term.

Ashdown

So everybody over 60 is a millionaire?
I bet a lot have retired due to ill health.
Where's the fucking violin's ! My old man's generation had the lot, if you couldn't do well on under those conditions then you were just lazy or stupid generally !

Terry Gibson's perm

Terry this is Coventry we're talking about not Chelsea /Fulham/Oxford /Cambridge etc.
Not everyone got that second home in Provence or a Villa on the Costas
Try being self employed for 40 years some of the time averaging 70 HR weeks ending up divorced in a two up two down in Buy to let land with no real pension to speak of cos the wankers who've exploited you have suppressed you income for 15 years
Please don't be so crass to believe it's all been a land of milk and honey for everyone.
I know you haven't had the best run recently either.

Wingy I just believe that 60 is to early when did they set the age probably a long time ago and things have changed( not for the better with retirement age). As a club we struggle to add to the fan base and my opinion is the full price season ticket is too expensive so the only people to milk are the older ones.

It’s not milk and honey for all but lots I know in retirement seem to be doing well certainly a lot better than most of my generation will.

As you said I have had to make changes and as I was walking the dog I was thinking about your message and thought although financially I am worse off not having my previous jobs I am so much happier and not having to deal with horrible bosses is wonderful, it’s great doing the school run far better than sitting on a motorway for hours to get there and the person is not interested or worse not there

Grendel

If all the JLR retirees clubbed together, they could buy out SISU and fund a push for the Champions' League.

Could do but my financial advisor would call that a high risk investment

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

:emoji_thermometer_face:

They could pay the same they watch the same match and sit in the same seats.

As an alternative anybody that sits in block 20 over 18 pays full price if you want cheaper tickets they are in the corner ( have an oldies area:emoji_older_man::emoji_older_woman:)
I'd charge the same for kids they watch the same match and sit in the same seats.

italiahorse

Er yes. Ll5 has I think been reduced to 1 in a recent bulletin. The only restriction is Ford products are not allowed anymore.

If you really have a load of jaguar mates they must be thick as fuck. I don’t know any long servers still in the scheme. We’ve all cashed out. If the fund I’m now in makes 2% a year I’ll be able to retire next year and take the same salary I got st work as a pension for 30 years - many are better off than that as I’ve not done the full term.
No LL6 are down to one and nothing in retirement.
No idea about the latest pension scheme other than final salary has been bought out.

Grendel

No LL6 are down to one and nothing in retirement.
No idea about the latest pension scheme other than final salary has been bought out.

Nope LL6 under the old scheme (yours) have two and one in retirement. Hope this isn’t the same source as wasps feed you.

Are you up for the £1,000 bet?

torchomatic

Not all torch and I'm not sure I'm a baby boomer tbf.

If I was chairman we'd be the first club to means test the over 60s.

Users who are viewing this thread