2018/19 Season Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

cov4theprem

Just seen this on the Forest Website. I think its a brilliant idea and would love to see Coventry go this far to help secure the next generation of supporters. If the club takes away the excuses, i'm sure fans will slowly return.

In a move to make top-class football in Nottingham more affordable for young fans, the club are introducing new pricing for supporters from the ages of four to 23. For the 2018-19 season, season cards for 4-11-year-olds will be just £10 – a £15 reduction from the current campaign. This will include entry into the young fans membership scheme, giving supporters exclusive access to a series of special events.

Prices for 12-17-year-olds will be just £50 – a £100 reduction on this season. The club are also introducing a new price band that will cover 18-23-year-olds. Priced at just £100 for the season, this will represent a £150 to £230 reduction for supporters depending on their age.

wingy

Just seen this on the Forest Website. I think its a brilliant idea and would love to see Coventry go this far to help secure the next generation of supporters. If the club takes away the excuses, i'm sure fans will slowly return.

In a move to make top-class football in Nottingham more affordable for young fans, the club are introducing new pricing for supporters from the ages of four to 23. For the 2018-19 season, season cards for 4-11-year-olds will be just £10 – a £15 reduction from the current campaign. This will include entry into the young fans membership scheme, giving supporters exclusive access to a series of special events.

Prices for 12-17-year-olds will be just £50 – a £100 reduction on this season. The club are also introducing a new price band that will cover 18-23-year-olds. Priced at just £100 for the season, this will represent a £150 to £230 reduction for supporters depending on their age.
Good Idea in principle but how do they offset it?
What happens with the rest of the price bands?

wingy

The club is already doing this to a degree
It's just the U23 band that seems to differ, used to be concessions for SU cards which would cover that band.

pastythegreat

If we done this, it's only our U21s that would benefit from it really. As this season's prices, U13s were free and Forrest are charging a reduced rate of £10, U16s were less than £50 in the early bird. I think it's really the 18-21 bracket that this season were charged around £230ish from memory that would benefit!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

cov4theprem

If we done this, it's only our U21s that would benefit from it really. As this season's prices, U13s were free and Forrest are charging a reduced rate of £10, U16s were less than £50 in the early bird. I think it's really the 18-21 bracket that this season were charged around £230ish from memory that would benefit!

Under 13s were only free with £25 JSB and £4.50 booking fee. Forest are charging a tenner, so effectively pay for one match and get the season free.

Terry Gibson's perm

They need to come up with more offers for regular season ticket holders 30% off new shirts and things like that.

The other thing they need to look at is senior season ticket holders prices they start to early at 60 people who are using that deal are either still working or retired early so should be paying full price until 65 at least

pastythegreat

Under 13s were only free with £25 JSB and £4.50 booking fee. Forest are charging a tenner, so effectively pay for one match and get the season free.
Forgot about paying for JSB. Although I've never counted that as paying for JSB is worth it alone for the benefits. Kids Christmas party and Mascot alone are worth there weight in gold and he loves them so in my eyes, the ST is an added bonus on top of the above

italiahorse

They need to come up with more offers for regular season ticket holders 30% off new shirts and things like that.

The other thing they need to look at is senior season ticket holders prices they start to early at 60 people who are using that deal are either still working or retired early so should be paying full price until 65 at least

Yes put it up for over 60's that should get more to come.
Some people think that they can charge what they like and people will still turn up.
Well there will be a surprise if we are still in L2 next season as a lot like me are unlikely to go.

Terry Gibson's perm

Some people think that they can charge what they like and people will still turn up.
Well there will be a surprise if we are still in L2 next season as a lot like me are unlikely to go.

Why does the multi millionaire who sits near me get a reduced price

italiahorse

Forgot about paying for JSB. Although I've never counted that as paying for JSB is worth it alone for the benefits. Kids Christmas party and Mascot alone are worth there weight in gold and he loves them so in my eyes, the ST is an added bonus on top of the above

They need to review what they charge for kids as its not working.
I guess it's more emphasised for me as kids are in abundance at the rugby.
Not sure though if it's the sport or the culture of being more family friendly.

wingy

Just had a look and they were taken over by
a Greek shipping tycoon who's allegedly not
averse to a bit of match fixing, bet scamming, referee bribing, intimidating, riot organising.
All of which he appears to have been cleared of and passes the fit and proper test with flying colours.
Lol B-)

Last edited:

torchomatic

Good idea. Baby boomers get too much as it is. I would charge the over 60s double.

Grendel

What the club should do is announce s pricng policy but at the same time offer £120 if the club sell 25,000 season tickets. Allow a maximum of 3.000 under 16 at £50 on top of it. If it doesn’t happen revert to the original price. It’s £5 a game and announce £30 match day walk ups if the number is achieved.

NorthernWisdom

What the club should do is announce s pricng policy but at the same time offer £120 if the club sell 25,000 season tickets. Allow a maximum of 3.000 under 16 at £50 on top of it. If it doesn’t happen revert to the original price. It’s £5 a game and announce £30 match day walk ups if the number is achieved.
In all seriousness, reducing the prices if enough sign up probably is a sensible thing to do. Sure it can't be beyond the wit of even us to work out how much you can reduce it by compared to getting the massive 4k at normal prices.

Grendel

In all seriousness, reducing the prices if enough sign up probably is a sensible thing to do. Sure it can't be beyond the wit of even us to work out how much you can reduce it by compared to getting the massive 4k at normal prices.

It’s about what I’ve said. But there has to be a number achieved. The only thing the Ricoh offeres is huge capacity. Sell tickets from next month until May 31. If it’s not achieved revert to normal pricing and refund those who don’t want it. If you went to 5 games you’d break even from this season.

Terry Gibson's perm

:emoji_thermometer_face:
Good idea. Baby boomers get too much as it is. I would charge the over 60s double.

They could pay the same they watch the same match and sit in the same seats.

As an alternative anybody that sits in block 20 over 18 pays full price if you want cheaper tickets they are in the corner ( have an oldies area:emoji_older_man::emoji_older_woman:)

NorthernWisdom

It’s about what I’ve said. But there has to be a number achieved. The only thing the Ricoh offeres is huge capacity. Sell tickets from next month until May 31. If it’s not achieved revert to normal pricing and refund those who don’t want it. If you went to 5 games you’d break even from this season.
I'd do more staggered efforts than yours though. Let's be honest, whatever we sell them at, we're not likely to get 25k sign up. Offer incentivised reductions at, say, 6k, 9k, 15k, 20k, 25k though and you might build some momentum, while also not looking deluded. Might also stand a better chance of actually getting to the 25k if you poke people a bit, and get a bit of a run on.

italiahorse

:emoji_thermometer_face:

They could pay the same they watch the same match and sit in the same seats.

As an alternative anybody that sits in block 20 over 18 pays full price if you want cheaper tickets they are in the corner ( have an oldies area:emoji_older_man::emoji_older_woman:)

We already pay full price in blocks 18 to 22.

Terry Gibson's perm

They need to review what they charge for kids as its not working.
I guess it's more emphasised for me as kids are in abundance at the rugby.
Not sure though if it's the sport or the culture of being more family friendly.

It might be to see a winning team can’t be to see the game they must be bored watching all that cuddling

Grendel

I'd do more staggered efforts than yours though. Let's be honest, whatever we sell them at, we're not likely to get 25k sign up. Offer incentivised reductions at, say, 6k, 9k, 15k, 20k, 25k though and you might build some momentum, while also not looking deluded. Might also stand a better chance of actually getting to the 25k if you poke people a bit, and get a bit of a run on.

If you marketed it really heavily for a 3 month period in the media and did countdowns every week it could work - it’s 4 or 5 games at normal price. Discounts on steps never work. It is t really a season ticket it’s a 5 game package in effect.

Liquid Gold

Last season we did a deal whereby we sell x season tickets and they get cheaper and we didn't even make it past the first threshold.

Users who are viewing this thread