19/20 Accounts (1 Viewer)

SBT

let’s be honest a bloke who spends time on other fans forums has loser stamped all over him

A lot in your forum agree with me and not you

giphy.gif

mark82

Indeed. Seems I didn’t read the word “subsequent”.

So a net spent of £2.5m tallies approximately with what we had expected, no? The add-on is slightly lower than had been anticipated if it relates to Wilson.

The fee to Bournemouth will be paid in installments. We'll receive a chunk each time an installment is paid.

Hobo

she doesn’t

She gets a cut for introducing investors and gets a cut of their profits on an investment. So she does invest in the club it just depends how you look at it.

Also you still don't know whether she invests some of her money in the club. She would be stupid not to on 14 per cent interest on a loan.

The club has been a basket case for years. You wanting to sack managers ever 5 minutes is no way to resolve the problem around finances.

Gregbant

I think Grendel is saying in our situation we need owners who have an emotional attachment to the club.
That SISU are fucking up in how they run the club financially.
That SISU are milking the club through interest on loans.
That without a big player sale or legacy funds from such sales the club are financially fucked.
That the move to Birmingham was possibly self inflicted.
I think that's the gist?

shmmeee

Help me out here SBT, I’ve got a memory of Boddy saying any losses from the move to Birmingham would be funded by the owners. Have I imagined that because I can’t find the interview anywhere. It was when it all kicked off.

SlowerThanPlatt

Help me out here SBT, I’ve got a memory of Boddy saying any losses from the move to Birmingham would be funded by the owners. Have I imagined that because I can’t find the interview anywhere. It was when it all kicked off.

Sky Blue Pete

I think he said the same about any losses rather than just from Birmingham. I must admit I didn’t think he meant anything different to the way the loans are added to but it is different and a good challenge

shmmeee

Ah not a direct quote then, a “Telegraph understands”

“It’s understood that the club’s owners, Sisu, have agreed to underwrite any shortfall in the budget as a result of reduced season ticket sales to ensure Robins has similar funds to last year.”

Thanks.

Grendel

didn’t you state a few pages back that many of the Barnsley forum agree with you? Thus insinuating you also spend time on other fans forums, thus therefore insinuating you too have loser stamped all over you.

No I don’t log into them there was a link on the accounts page

Grendel

Well they are funding high interest bearing loans

slowpoke

Did the move to Birmingham worsen the accounts?
Of course it has anyone who says different needs to have some lessons in arithmetic. Losing 10000 fans a game at £20 a head that’s seventeen league games plus cup ties one a local derby v Brum equates to over the £3.3 million loss.

Grendel

Of course it has anyone who says different needs to have some lessons in arithmetic. Losing 10000 fans a game at £20 a game that’s seventeen league games plus cup ties one a local derby v Brum equates to over the £3.3 million loss.

The losses are actually totally down to the move. Nothing to do with COVID at all

SlowerThanPlatt

Of course it has anyone who says different needs to have some lessons in arithmetic. Losing 10000 fans a game at £20 a head that’s seventeen league games plus cup ties one a local derby v Brum equates to over the £3.3 million loss.

Would think 6,000 fans would be closer.

Grendel

Would think 6,000 fans would be closer.

Probably but you’ve also got the cost per game of playing there. It looks like a rate per game of around £60k and also we reduced prices to attract people there

shmmeee

Well they are funding high interest bearing loans

Yeah the way it’s worded provides a lot of wiggle room. I’d misremembered it as they’ll foot the Bill, rather than they’ll do what they’ve always done and lend us money.

shmmeee

Fag packet maths I seem to remember working the lost revenue out to £2-2.5m before any rent increases. So £3m seems about right.

Grendel

Fag packet maths I seem to remember working the lost revenue out to £2-2.5m before any rent increases. So £3m seems about right.

It’s very obvious the club had to get back or it would have faced significant escalating losses over the future seasons.

Grendel

How many accounts and posts did you make on the Wasps forum mate?

Rather different but nice try - I think I made a total of 40 posts significantly less than you

Brighton Sky Blue

Rather different but nice try - I think I made a total of 40 posts significantly less than you

Different how? Barnsley likes his football so he spends time talking to fans of other clubs. Nothing sad about that really is there-though I haven’t forgotten your appreciation of my handiwork

Grendel

Different how? Barnsley likes his football so he spends time talking to fans of other clubs. Nothing sad about that really is there-though I haven’t forgotten your appreciation of my handiwork

It’s utterly different as I only posted on topics relevant to us

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s utterly different as I only posted on topics relevant to us

As did I. Unlike me though you must have made at least 3 accounts to continue posting. By your own definition you’re a ‘loser’ going to those lengths

Grendel

As did I. Unlike me though you must have made at least 3 accounts to continue posting. By your own definition you’re a ‘loser’ going to those lengths

No as it takes two minutes to create an account and again the subject matter was relevant

A supporter who posts on multiple sites but not his own is very odd indeed

Brighton Sky Blue

Id Expect an organisation who runs the club to not rely on asset sales to minimise escalating losses and also not to have adopted a strategy of revenue deterioration by removing the club from its home

Sisu have had 14 years at the club. Good or bad in your view?

How else does a club like ours bring in millions of pounds over the course of a season? We do not have someone prepared to issue blank cheques and write it all off

Grendel

How else does a club like ours bring in millions of pounds over the course of a season? We do not have someone prepared to issue blank cheques and write it all off

The strategy of moving away from the Ricoh cost the club it’s losses in these accounts. Nothing else.

It has funded gaps through interest rate loans that its desired strategy caused

Brighton Sky Blue

The strategy of moving away from the Ricoh cost the club it’s losses in these accounts. Nothing else.

It has funded gaps through interest rate loans that its desired strategy caused

Right, and that’s a fair criticism. But suppose we hadn’t moved away we would still be relying on player sales to generate cash. What else is there most clubs at our level or below can do to bring in revenue on the same scale?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why are people talking about the move to Birmingham leading to lost revenue like its some massive surprise that has only been revealed now the accounts have been published? Wasn't it obvious to everyone the move would have an impact on revenue?

Given that there were a section of fans who genuinely believed we were better off at St. Andrews (not just due to our form but because they believed that commercially we were somehow better off), I'm going to go with no, it wasn't obvious to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread