16 year old murdered in Wood End (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Either they were growing weed or weren't. Unless there's not enough evidence to blame them. On bail I think but if they can't get charges of growing weed to stick it is even stranger.
Yep released on bail

chiefdave

Midlands Today reporting the 2 arrested have been released without charge. This gets more confusing.
You don't go in like that if its a couple of plants do you? It would be a huge growing operation which you would think would be an open and shut case.

Not good if they've messed up and gone storming in to the wrong house. That's before you even consider that they killed someone in the process.

Think the pressure will be on to get information out to the public ASAP. The longer they leave it to the rumour mill the worse things will get.

OffenhamSkyBlue

You don't go in like that if its a couple of plants do you? It would be a huge growing operation which you would think would be an open and shut case.

Not good if they've messed up and gone storming in to the wrong house. That's before you even consider that they killed someone in the process.

Think the pressure will be on to get information out to the public ASAP. The longer they leave it to the rumour mill the worse things will get.
I don't think there is any official evidence to support any of what you have added to the rumour mill.
The police have simply said that it was an intelligence-led operation. It doesn't matter how many plants were or were not being grown at the address. If the deceased was waving a gun at armed police, he would be at considerable risk of them shooting him. There are other scenarios involving weapons, but shooting a guy under those circumstances would be fairly drastic, when a taser might be more reasonable.
We don't know the facts, and the new IOPC tend to keep things very quiet until they are ready to say anything. Cover-ups are pretty difficult in this day and age with most police wearing body-cams.

It MAY yet come out that it was a dreadful mistake, but I for one will wait for that to be confirmed.

clint van damme

from what I'm hearing they were after someone for something that happened a few weeks ago and expected arms to be in the house.
Still doesn't mean the police couldn't have messed up shooting this fella and my feeling is that perhaps they have based on the fact the other 2 got bailed.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Maybe they were the innocent bystanders, Clint?
Maybe the deceased came at them with a machete?
Am I too trusting in the police, I wonder?

Nick

Administrator
They will just need to review the footage, statements from the officers, statements from the witnesses etc.

Not sure why they need a post mortem to find anything out if he was shot (unless he was shot multiple times and they need to see which one killed him) etc.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yes, Nick, I thought that would be the case.
I don't generally subscribe to conspiracy theories and take evidence at face-value until it's proven otherwise (it's the scientist in me!), nor do I believe the police to be institutionally corrupt.
I suspect they would like to find out which shot killed him, given the number allegedly fired. But proving which order they were fired may be a bit harder. For instance, it is possible that a shot was fired somewhere in an attempt to disarm or incapacitate him. This might have been sufficient, perhaps alongside a Taser (or a dog), but then someone else opened up with a shoot-to-kill round.
The thing about knowing his race/likely religion is that we can *probably* discount that he was wearing a suicide vest, when all rounds would be attempted "shoot-to-kill".

Captain Dart

The house in Burnaby Rd was shown on the news last night, it is boarded up.

Johnnythespider

Just on Mids Today, died from a chest wound running out the back door while the police came in the front. ?

CJ_covblaze

All very odd. Hopefully the truth comes out.

stupot07

I said the silence around lack of a weapon was deafening. This will end up being a tragic police fuck up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

No gun found and a single bullet was fired by police.
Wasn't there witnesses saying multiple gun shots? So either they made that up, which is helpful, or someone has managed to get out of a house surrounded by armed police with a firearm.

Its sounding more suspect by the day. Not sure drip feeding things out is a good idea. Surely they pretty much instantly know, given the number of police there and the body cameras, how many shots were fired and by who and if they've found any firearms and / or drugs at the property.

Macca

Why the hell did a shot need to be fired? This needs to be kept high profile and in the public eye until there are real answers. If this chap had launched any kind of attack on officers surely they would have said by now

So the police have smashed the front of the house up to get in (we know front windows and door were smashed, it was shown on the news), he has legged it out the back and was subsequently shot once in the chest, fatally. No firearms were recovered and i've yet to read about the size or professionalism of the cannabis crop that has been alleged (significant to me, as it would indicate a possible level of criminality involved).

It certainly looks like a screw up by the police, what was the intelligence? Why did they raid it at 18.20? Was he carrying anything that was mistaken for a weapon?

Sky Blue Pete

You’d like to think this could never be repeated but I’ve been watching it again and those in power closed ranks. Someone earlier said even if he was a badden no one should be shot and killed without good reason. Also as a society we should demand answers when things go awry to learn lessons not to gain revenge.

My mate chairs child death reviews and if there is an openness and vulnerability to own up to mistakes and learn lessons things can change for the better if we have higher expectations of others than we do of ourselves and always look to point the finger of blame people clam up and we never get the truth.

I know many wonderful police officers , I have experienced some absolute twats who enjoy the power and making themselves feel better by abusing their little power.

Any more than on here or at work or even at my church. No just the same as in those places

We need to know the truth and society needs to make it possible for us to admit our failures without making monsters where there is mistake or incompetence

Nick

Administrator
The thing is though, knowing why they went straight for real guns before tazer, cs.

Was he posing a threat to life when he ran out the door? Even if he wasn't, in that split second what made them think he was?

With bodycams and witnesses its a lot harder than the police sitting in the van to work out a story between themselves like they probably could years ago.

There will be audio, video of everything from the view of each officer.

Sky Blue Pete

The thing is though, knowing why they went straight for real guns before tazer, cs.

Was he posing a threat to life when he ran out the door? Even if he wasn't, in that split second what made them think he was?

With bodycams and witnesses its a lot harder than the police sitting in the van to work out a story between themselves like they probably could years ago.

There will be audio, video of everything from the view of each officer.
Will we see it?

Nick

Administrator
The pictures were there from hillsborough
I'd guess things were so much easier to cover up back in those days compared to know.

Not just camera phones but things like social media. That's just the public stuff without things available to the services.

Users who are viewing this thread