12 Games to Go (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We do, but some of the posts on this forum were a bit embarrassing last night.

Losing against Middlesbrough isn't a sign of the end. However, looking at the tone and language of posts last night you'd think we were already relegated, despite there being a 1/4 of the season left - in which time anything can happen.

Our defensive abilities and lack of end product have been a issue all season. Not sure why this narrative is being pushed to the max now.

It's always 'there is always next game.'
It's always 'but that game over there might do us a favour.'
It's always 'these are difficult fixtures, we have easier ones coming.'

At some stage we need to take accountability of ourselves in the here and now. The alarm bells are sounding because we're in real shit.

KenilworthSkyBlue

At some stage we need to take accountability of ourselves in the here and now. The alarm bells are sounding because we're in real shit.

Why are we in the real shit? This is my entire issue with this rhetoric. Our position isn't anymore precarious than it was in January yet posters are now suddenly reverting to panic stations. I find it baffling.

Do you not think Rotherham feel they're in the shit after losing 6 games in a row? Or Birmingham who have the hardest run-in out of the 6 relegation candidates? Or Huddersfield whose record is more or less as bad as ours?

Understandably it's not ideal and our form needs to pick up but we've still got 12 games to go - anything can happen between now and the end of the season.

Frostie

But we've come out of what we all acknowledged to be the toughest run of the season now. I think most people expected we'd drop into the bottom 3 during that run, instead we're 6pts clear as it stands & the other teams now have the tougher run ins.

A lot of people seem to think we need to be a good team, win loads of games & go on good runs of form etc.
We don't we just need to be the 4th worst team.

shmmeee

SBT in Jan: “February is going to be brutal, if we come out of it outside the relegation zone I’ll be amazed”

SBT in Feb: “WTF why are we losing all these games?”

SBT in March: “WHY ARE WE SO CLOSE TO THE RELEGATION ZONE EVERYONE IS SHIT WHO SHOULD WE KEEP IN L1 NEXT SEASON??!?!?”

Magwitch1

The plus thing is it is still in our hands even if we slip up v Derby all those below us still have a number of top 6/7 teams to play we have one

Londonccfcfan

SBT in Jan: “February is going to be brutal, if we come out of it outside the relegation zone I’ll be amazed”

SBT in Feb: “WTF why are we losing all these games?”

SBT in March: “WHY ARE WE SO CLOSE TO THE RELEGATION ZONE EVERYONE IS SHIT WHO SHOULD WE KEEP IN L1 NEXT SEASON??!?!?”

What did you expect..lol

Brilliant.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Derby (H) DRAW
Rotherham (A) DRAW
Luton (A) LOSS
Wycombe (H) WIN
QPR (A) LOSS
Bristol City (H) WIN
Bournemouth (A) LOSS
Barnsley (H) DRAW
Stoke (A) LOSS
Preston (H) LOSS
Huddersfield (A) DRAW
Millwall (H) WIN

What do we all think?
3 wins
4 draws
6 losses

To stay up on 48 points with it going to the last game of the season

mark82

Said 3 points likely from Wycombe, Rotherham and Huddersfield

Ah, that's different. What did I read?

giphy.gif

Legia Sky Blue

There is still a quarter of the season left. We are reaching the point last season when football was put on hold. The difference in the Championship table at that point compared to how it ended up should make everyone realise that so much can change within any period of 12 games. For what its worth I think we will stay up one way or another, but that in the process the bedwetters will still have plenty to carp about on the way - maybe a loss to Rotherham, draw with Wycombe, but then we'll do something like win at Bournemouth to keep our heads above water.

gally9

If we’d lost to Brentford and beat Middlesbrough the fallout wouldn’t have been so bad. The position is the same!

AFCCOVENTRY

I think we’re saying minimum we need 3 wins and 3 draws to stay up.

Derby result means this is now 2 wins and 3 draws should do it.

Or 3 more wins.

SeaSeeEffCee

Think 47 will be enough so three more wins. Should be able to those up vs the likes of Wycombe, Bristol City, Preston, Millwall and Huddersfield.

Magwitch1

Four more wins for me, this is the strangest of leagues anyone can string three wins in a row, with our remaining fixtures though we couldn’t of hand picked better, have to make sure we get a result at Rotherham draw will do me.

Kneeza

Derby (H) - L
Rotherham (A) - D
Luton (A) - D
Wycombe (H) - W
QPR (A) - L
Bristol City (H) - D
Bournemouth (A) - L
Barnsley (H) - D
Stoke (A) - D
Preston (H) - W
Huddersfield (A) - D
Millwall (H) - W

3 wins. 6 Draws. 15 points more, would give us 50. Probably just about enough?
Ahead of your curve then. ;)

Evo1883

I think 9 points from 33 will be enough

That would mean blues need 13 points from 33

Rotherham 18 points from 42

Sheffield Wednesday 19 points from 36

Wycombe are down let's be honest

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Need to factor in who teams play in the last 3-4 games when some will have nothing to play for, always throws up some wins for teams at the bottom, let’s push for 52 points and not leave it to any last minute twitching

Covstu

The only games which will be a huge challenge is Bournemouth away but they aren't in form either. QPR away will be tough but its essential we beat Rotherham next week. None of those games i worry about but equally they will be thinking the same about us!

Otis

Every single game will be this....

We'll just about match them, play a bit of nice football at times, never really trouble them too much - then fuck up horrifically at the back for at least one goal.

Repeat for every game left this season....
We're done.....

Might scrape a couple of draws along the line....
Including today?

Evo1883

The only games which will be a huge challenge is Bournemouth away but they aren't in form either. QPR away will be tough but its essential we beat Rotherham next week. None of those games i worry about but equally they will be thinking the same about us!
Think Barnsley a bit if a toughie atm too

ccfc92

Every single game will be this....

We'll just about match them, play a bit of nice football at times, never really trouble them too much - then fuck up horrifically at the back for at least one goal.

Repeat for every game left this season....
We're done.....

Might scrape a couple of draws along the line....

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread