12 Games to Go (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

I think Blues are bang in trouble with their run in. I don’t think they will pick up more than 10 points.

mark82

We've got a more favourable run-in than many of our relegation candidates so I'm not losing faith yet. I expected a loss last night as Robins has always traditionally struggled against sides who play a more direct brand of football so whilst frustrating it hasn't worried me.

It's inevitable that we're going to have to rely on others to drop points. Birmingham have got a horrendous run coming up - they probably could have done with a win last night.

The same also applies to Huddersfield looking at their run in.

Hopefully Rotherham and Sheff W draw tonight and Wycombe lose as that's probably the best scenario we can hope for.

The next four are vital games and could potentially dictate our fate....so no pressure.

Personally, I can't see us reaching the 50 point mark. I suspect a more realistic estimation will be 47. Hopefully that'll be enough.

Wycombe aren't catching us.

mark82

I think Blues are bang in trouble with their run in. I don’t think they will pick up more than 10 points.

Good chance they'll sack Karanka and get a bounce at some point. Leaving it late now.

Wednesday may see an effect now Moore has come in too.

ccfcricoh

Its 2 from 4 to go down... 50/50 chance.

Were doing nothing to help ourselves so it will come down to luck and whether the other teams are as bad as or worst than we are unfortunately.

I've stopped looking at the teams just above as were not picking up enough points to drag them into it currently.

As said above, Wednesday may see a bounce. Rotherham have 3 games in hand (granted they probably wont win them all!)

Blues are in the same boat as us

Going to be squeeky bum

Ccfcisparks

Its 2 from 4 to go down... 50/50 chance.

Were doing nothing to help ourselves so it will come down to luck and whether the other teams are as bad as or worst than we are unfortunately.

I've stopped looking at the teams just above as were not picking up enough points to drag them into it currently.

As said above, Wednesday may see a bounce. Rotherham have 3 games in hand (granted they probably wont win them all!)

Blues are in the same boat as us

Going to be squeeky bum
Is it not 2 from 5? Us, Huddersfield, Blues, Rotherham, Wednesday?

Sky Blue Harry H

We've got a more favourable run-in than many of our relegation candidates so I'm not losing faith yet. I expected a loss last night as Robins has always traditionally struggled against sides who play a more direct brand of football so whilst frustrating it hasn't worried me.

It's inevitable that we're going to have to rely on others to drop points. Birmingham have got a horrendous run coming up - they probably could have done with a win last night.

The same also applies to Huddersfield looking at their run in.

Hopefully Rotherham and Sheff W draw tonight and Wycombe lose as that's probably the best scenario we can hope for.

The next four are vital games and could potentially dictate our fate....so no pressure.

Personally, I can't see us reaching the 50 point mark. I suspect a more realistic estimation will be 47. Hopefully that'll be enough.

I would prefer a Sheff Wed win tonight (or a draw) Sheff Wed have a nasty run of games coming up afterwards, and I think they are doomed regardless, and Rotherham losing/not winning would keep them down in the dumps. A series of injuries during the match wouldn't go amiss. I still fancy us to stay up (although I would love our remaining home games to be on a decent pitch).

ccfcricoh

Is it not 2 from 5? Us, Huddersfield, Blues, Rotherham, Wednesday?
maybe Huddersfield but like i say, were not catching anyone on our current form so not sure how many games it would take us to gain 3 points on them, maybe im being too pessimistic!

shepardo01

Wycombe, Rotherham, Huddersfield for a start
3 points from those... same story of recent, and so many games - match our opposition, no cutting edge, gift goals....
repeat for all games left.
This is where we are at...
Those games will be equally as difficult as last night. We were also physically inferior last night. That will be the same against Rotherham.
Sadly, looking at our form, confidence and quality, I fear we will struggle to win another game this season.

KenilworthSkyBlue

3 points from those... same story of recent, and so many games - match our opposition, no cutting edge, gift goals....
repeat for all games left.
This is where we are at...
Those games will be equally as difficult as last night. We were also physically inferior last night. That will be the same against Rotherham.
Sadly, looking at our form, confidence and quality, I fear we will struggle to win another game this season.

Ridiculous post.

shepardo01

Ridiculous post.
Why:
Confidence at the back is shot to pieces. It's likely that any line up will have to include Hyam or Rose, both of whom fall into the severely lacking confidence bracket and have been responsible for goals in recent games. We do not have a keeper that can inspire/give confidence to said back four either.
At the other end - repeat.... confidence gone -
Kelly in his interview last night said games are won and lost in both boxes. Exactly our problem!
I would LOVE to be proved wrong - I'd love it etc etc - (keegan style...)
But I'm also a realist.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Why:
Confidence at the back is shot to pieces. It's likely that any line up will have to include Hyam or Rose, both of whom fall into the severely lacking confidence bracket and have been responsible for goals in recent games. We do not have a keeper that can inspire/give confidence to said back four either.
Kelly in his interview last night said games are won and lost in both boxes. Exactly our problem!
But I'm also a realist.

How is your view one of a realist when it's completely irrational. We've just come out of the other end of arguably the most difficult pack of games in our season. We're still out of the relegation zone and showed that we don't look out of place against some of the divisions better teams.

What results did you expect in that run of fixtures?

Brush yourself off and look to Saturday. We're nowhere near out of this yet.

mark82

Why:
But I'm also a realist.

3 more points isn't being a realist.

shepardo01

How is your view one of a realist when it's completely irrational. We've just come out of the other end of arguably the most difficult pack of games in our season. We're still out of the relegation zone and showed that we don't look out of place against some of the divisions better teams.

What results did you expect in that run of fixtures?

Brush yourself off and look to Saturday. We're nowhere near out of this yet.
Agree, we don't look out of place for very large parts of games. BUT- what we are doing to ourselves at the back and what we can't do at the other end is what sends teams down.
That is what is so so so frustrating... it's not like it is a one off either....

jordan210

The quicker we pick up some points the better. Playing all the teams around us. It's important to win at home and at-least draw away.

We cant keep trying to play for draws when teams are picking up points vs top teams.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Agree, we don't look out of place for very large parts of games. BUT- what we are doing to ourselves at the back and what we can't do at the other end is what sends teams down.
That is what is so so so frustrating... it's not like it is a one off either....

That's inevitable though. We're down the bottom of the table for a reason and one of the reasons for that is because our backline is poorer than most. However, over the course of the season I think we've shown that we're more than capable of grinding out results - as shown against Brentford - regardless of our defensive issues.

TM8792

typical city luck, Rotherham and Wednesday will turn into prime Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively for the rest of the season

Couldn't be further from the truth. We've always been the team that's managed to turn things around against all odds. How many years in the first division were we in a dog fight and stayed up by the skin of our teeth?

KenilworthSkyBlue

maybe Huddersfield but like i say, were not catching anyone on our current form so not sure how many games it would take us to gain 3 points on them, maybe im being too pessimistic!

You're definitely being too pessimistic, Huddersfield have won two games in 15 including cup games. It's quite obvious they're in heaps of trouble if that form continues.

Johnnythespider

I think we will need something from the last game against Millwall to be safe, strap in

AOM

We beat Brentford a few games ago and people are all of a sudden are writing us off now. Odd.

We're also one win away from giving Robins keys to the city too.

Last night was really disappointing, but we still have 12 games to pick up points

PVA

Every single game will be this....

We'll just about match them, play a bit of nice football at times, never really trouble them too much - then fuck up horrifically at the back for at least one goal.

Repeat for every game left this season....
We're done.....

Might scrape a couple of draws along the line....

If we're so bad then why aren't we bottom of the league?

We may well go down, but we aren't 'done' ffs. Get a grip.

Liquid Gold

Absolutely massive pressure on the games against teams around us. Starting on Saturday against Derby. Have to avoid defeat but we really need to start winning games to give ourselves more of a cushion.

We’ve seen that we can beat one of the best teams in the league, I want to see that confidence from the players and management for the rest of the month. When we’re too conservative we look very poor.

cc84cov

Absolutely massive pressure on the games against teams around us. Starting on Saturday against Derby. Have to avoid defeat but we really need to start winning games to give ourselves more of a cushion.

We’ve seen that we can beat one of the best teams in the league, I want to see that confidence from the players and management for the rest of the month. When we’re too conservative we look very poor.
Derby rested players last night,6 of them I think I read on here while we used 1 sub “tired legs” will be the excuse after,long balls hoping for luck off the 2nd ball or defensive error is the new tactic

Frank Alsop

I've been on the Championship predictor thingy that lets you predict what the scores may be for the rest of the season. I have been pretty harsh on City - but reckon we'll make it by one point.
Hope I'm right and we can get back to watching them next season

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need to go into our games with the same attitude as we did against Brentford. Go for the fucking kill.

I was thinking we were doomed about three weeks ago, which kind of evaporated a bit. Now I'm feeling pessimistic again.

Liquid Gold

I've been on the Championship predictor thingy that lets you predict what the scores may be for the rest of the season. I have been pretty harsh on City - but reckon we'll make it by one point.
Hope I'm right and we can get back to watching them next season
I had us staying up by 2 points with 47 but we were clear going into the final day.

Sky Blue Harry H

Good chance they'll sack Karanka and get a bounce at some point. Leaving it late now.

Wednesday may see an effect now Moore has come in too.

I'm confident that Wycombe and Sheff Wed (even if they win tonight) are going down, Studied their fixtures and Wednesday have a horrible run

Rotherham (h) 3
Reading (a) 0
Norwich (h) 0
Huddersfield (h) 3
Barnsley (a) 1
Watford (a) 0
Cardiff (h) 0
QPR (a) 1

That's me being very generous (and if it happens drops Rotherham and Huddersfield further in it. It gives them 36 points at the end of that run. If we only beat Wycombe and lost the rest we'd still be ahead of them.

Users who are viewing this thread