12,300 there today (1 Viewer)

PhilWasn'tBabb

I've not got the calculator out but surely its better to have 16,000 people paying say £10 or £12 rather than, 10,000 paying £24

Whilst I acknowledge that for obvious reasons they shouldn't sell match day tickets for less than a season ticket price. I can't understand why they don't operate more like an airline, the club have paid for the seat, its better to have somebody paying a small amount than have the seat doing nothing on a match day.

joemercersaces

Too much doom and gloom. Today was a pretty entertaining game. Sure we made mistakes but we created quite a few chances and despite their position Reading are far from one of the worst teams we'll play. Similarly we are far from relegation certainties.

Interesting that so many fans dont come to watch CCFC since the departure of Marlon and that his departure had more of an imoact on this statistic than his arrival. Stil its better to be in the bottom three i suppose rather than employ a criminal who has served his time!

Otis

'Interesting that so many fans dont come to watch CCFC since the departure of Marlon.'

Maybe we like sex Offenders and should perhaps get another 4 or 5 criminals in the team? Either that or send the squad out on a series of drunken nights out resulting in brawls.

Mind, that will probably be like any other Saturday night out for a professional footballer.

pusbccfc

Blackpool will bring more than reading!!! I'll go for a similar attendance unless 5,000 cov fans aren't goingnto turn up!!!

Blackpool won't bring more than reading, on the back of one away day I'm sure there not going to bring more than 300

Chipfat

This is not a MK debate or the reason for drop in attendance,, people are staying away because of Sisu and the lack of truth and investment in a team as we are no better than the day they took over.... The club is going backwards in all aspect except 1 the kids and if we are honest without investment and injuries we would of not seen Christie, Bigi, Ruffles and Wilson in a game day squad this year.....

Im all for bringing them on but to quick to soon and the amount of them can cause damage in there development in a team that is clearly struggling with results and confidence....

Lord_Nampil

Wen we played them a few yrs ago on a Tuesday night 1200 Blackpool fans were there! I think it will be a similar number!!

Johnnythespider

Alternatively, ACL (the renters of the Ricoh) and CCFC are obliged to guarantee good behaviour at games and sound policing.
If ACL doesn't deliver appropriate security, then the Police will deliver it - at a cost financially - and at a cost with regards to sanctions from the footballing authorities.

ACL and the club suspect there will be protests. ACL do not want protests ruining the name of the Ricoh prior to the Olympics and the club do not want matters to get out of hand, leading to fines and potential points reduction.

The "goons" are there to prevent trouble. It is a pragmatic and sensible approach to deploy security.

This isn't condoning individual guards behaviour but the presence there is justified.
Tommy, IMHO the protests so far have been peaceful, designed to embarrass rather than offend, i therefore feel the response has been heavy handed. The searching of fans yesterday while no great hardship to me personally was completely uncalled for based on what has gone before. As one who considers himself quite capable of behaving like a rugby fan, and mixing and drinking with away fans without the need to batter each other senseless, i found the whole experience unsavoury and wondered if i'd slipped through a wormhole back to the 1980's. To be quite honest with you i suspect there are a few "goons" who are giving them all a bad rep, but then as a football fan i'm used to that feeling, in short it wouln'nt bother me one bit if i never saw an orange coat again.

Spagbol

The shame is that I have actually enjoyed the last 3 games, the atmosphere was again positive and the footie....well I have seen alot worse over the years, I understand the drop and unless we get a decent run of results I can't see any improvement soon.

The walkup is what's been affected less than 1000 I predict, Why do we charge more on the day....simple doesn't make sense.

PUSB

Ashdown

12,300 in a 32,000 stadium is the problem. That old tune of your grounds too big for you is bang on at the moment but is it any wonder that people are staying away. £24 for me yesterday, the beer and food in the ground is overpriced and pretty awful, the petty rules, the petty fucking gimps in orange { Why so many yesterday?}, the lack of atmosphere and the general anger and apathy surrounding those clueless wankers from SISU is driving folk anywhere else but the Ricoh. The only people going now are those like me who can't shake the habit of a lifetime, the pull, the magnet, the feeling of betrayal if I'm not there but its wearing thin and I'm not sure if it was the lunchtime lager or the lack of noise but I found myself quite sleepy by about 4 oclock, if I'd have had a padded seat and a matching pillow I may have got my head down.

pusbccfc

The lack of atmosphere IMO accounts to the placement of fans, when block 15+16+17 is full it can be great, but like yesterday it was woeful due to the fact 16 was empty.

You have one near full block in 15 then you have 16+17 empty and that ruins the atmosphere.

Also the fact (and I'm not saying there worse fans) that tesco stand doesn't make a effort to make a noise, which I know many in block 15 get annoyed when we are the only ones singing.

The telegraph does make a effort but a stand on 1/3 full is never going to make a noise.

Lord_Nampil

I wish we had planned our ground like MK Dons and Brighton have!! It should have bee. Capped at 25,000 with the ability to rise to 32,000 very easily!! Sadly people gambled and it hasnt worked for us! The only positive is we have the olympics and rugby world cup coming soon!! The only thing is, once you get it right like Stoke have, it works for u! But that's not SISUs fault its the ambition of previous boards and owners!! Tueday will be interesting but the lads need us and as a result my mate and mum will be there on Tuesday!!

Ashdown

7500 season ticket holders, 1500 corporate/Telent, 500 freebies, 1000 individual tickets and 500 away fans.............11,000 maybe, thats a comfortable 3 seats each almost, should be rip roaring !!!

wingy

7500 season ticket holders, 1500 corporate/Telent, 500 freebies, 1000 individual tickets and 500 away fans.............11,000 maybe, thats a comfortable 3 seats each almost, should be rip roaring !!!

I'll take my sleeping bag then ,i'm sure the ruacious cheering will alert me when anything of note occurs

Nonleagueherewecome

Not if the stay aways are staying away because of SISU. It reminds me a bit of an unpopular government..once they become massively unpopular, there is no way back with the people.

Ashdown

I'd go with that..................and I'd never trust Labour with our economy or our borders ever again!!

OyJimmy

To be honest people should stop worrying about CCFC going out of business if we go into admin. We should worry about going out of business if attendances keep dropping because we are owned by SISU.

Yesterday's game wasn't too bad, but the club looked like it was on it's last legs.

Spagbol

Something must be wrong with me then:facepalm: I thought the atmosphere was really good, it went flat for about 15 minutes in the second half, but I honestly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere, my teenage lad also enjoyed as did his mate - Think the lads in block 15 are great and the telegraph boys...there arn't many of them, really try as well...IF ONLY we could get a few more in, I think it would be awesome. Reading fans were hopeless as were Derby and Watford before them. Quality not quantity....Get on a good run and you never know:D PUSB

oh AND :blue:

Ashdown

But you won't get many people taking a gamble on entertainment at £24 while we have a paper thin squad, SISU as distant and uncaring owners, a deepening recession and a City full of people who have very little affinity with the club.

TheSnoz

The stayaways are still killing the club just as much as Sisu. I don't care what anybody says. We talk about Andy Thorn's hands, legs, everything, being tied behind his back but Sisu, much as I dislike them, are in the same position. Fans staying away increasingly limit their options. No fans - no money - no hope. At a point when loyal fans should be backing their team they increasingly desert them. By willingly staying away. When I'm there, as I have been since 1959, I'm supporting my team, not the board. They don't cross my mind at all. I'm just so fed up of 'fans' giving their excuses. Just my opinions.

wingy

Sorry snoz but i would say there is one flaw in your summation ,and that is your view that Sisu's hands are tied behind their back.they're never going to recoup their losses and need to recognise that fact ,they need to invest to keep us in this division ,and are not prepared to,so the sooner they're gone the better ,stay away fans will hasten this ,there are all sorts of arguments put up to support their business plan ,cutting losses ,fair play etc ,but when we're down in division three ,and their take drops 2.5-3m what option then ?there have been others prepared to invest and they've rebuffed them ,thats at our teams cost ,i'll be there on tuesday as usual with my 2/.5 yr grandson but nobody should be villified for being less blind than us

georgehudson

quite so both 'snoz' & 'wingy' it's sisu & their dire belief that they do not believe in the idea of 'speculate to accumulate'
maybe this is what comes of having owners who know s.f.a. about football ?
strange really because if i were a 'secret investor' i'd have a real 'hands on' interest in my investment

Users who are viewing this thread