11k (1 Viewer)

armybike

Did you use to follow and watch Wasps before they franchised themselves? Or just become a sudden fan once they took over a stadium payed by taxpayers for CCFC?

Paid for by tax payers for CCFC? The same CCFC who nobbed off to Northampton leaving it empty, hence the requirement for ACL to look for alternative options? Also, people can't start supporting a club because it goes against your principles?

Otis

Coventry RFC gate was down yesterday despite winning their opening two games. Watching sport live is expensive....there was a lot on the box yesterday.

Would guess Cov's attendance was down because the Rugby World Cup is now on and on the telly.

Grendel

Paid for by tax payers for CCFC? The same CCFC who nobbed off to Northampton leaving it empty, hence the requirement for ACL to look for alternative options? Also, people can't start supporting a club because it goes against your principles?

The taxpayer didn't spend one penny on the Ricoh - not one persons tax position altered in any way.

Stop spouting tripe.

H

Huckerby

The taxpayer didn't spend one penny on the Ricoh - not one persons tax position altered in any way.

Stop spouting tripe.
Think he was replying to Skyblueduff...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Think he was replying to Skyblueduff...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mmmmm fair point - however - the propaganda peddled by army bike deserves some scrutiny.

Bob Latchford

11000 for a division three game - is quite good TBF.

Bob Latchford

we're not Crewe, we're Coventry City.

We are indeed Coventry City . we are a poorly supported club when not SUCCESSFUL ! 12000 v Bolton 3rd round of FA CUP 87 . And that was in what is now The Premiership . Final 25000 , Charity Shied 50000 , Home coming 250000 on the streets ... Success is only when you'll see 20000 + gates .

chiefdave

11K is a disappointment to me. Wasn't expecting 15K like some seemed to be but would have thought 12-13K should have been achievable.

bringbackrattles

My son came to his first game this season and he was impressed with our play and said we're so much better under Mowbray than Pressley and likes the look of Murphy.The sun was shining and I too was expecting a bigger gate we should be getting around 14-15,000 easily.But my lad is going to come to every home game now so there's one returning fan !

Bob Latchford

11K is a disappointment to me. Wasn't expecting 15K like some seemed to be but would have thought 12-13K should have been achievable.

Agreed ! but , that's where CCFC are at this moment in time .

Otis

My son came to his first game this season and he was impressed with our play and said we're so much better under Mowbray than Pressley and likes the look of Murphy.The sun was shining and I too was expecting a bigger gate we should be getting around 14-15,000 easily.But my lad is going to come to every home game now so there's one returning fan !

Okay, so there was 11,003. Your son was one of the three, who were the other two?

skybluebal

People who didn't go today missed a treat it was as a dominant one nil win and Murphy was worth the entrance fee alone.
That's the key point - tell everyone about it and they will want to come to the game. It's about building that momentum so that it becomes a habit to go up to the game. The fans have to be won back.

fernandopartridge

End of the day, most of us support CCFC because of family ties. You'll find the odd CCFC fan who supports because it's his local club, but not many. Obviously we've been proper shit for 15 years now (or more, however you view it). It's no coincidence that Coventry and Blackburn the 2 teams who have had to wait the longest for a 'good' season (a top 6 finish or a trophy) are finding it difficult to gain fan momentum.

Utter drivel

Bob Latchford

The fans have to be won back. That's the key point ! and will it happen with our current owners at the helm ? there are thousands who won't because of them . it was even said on the Friday night phone in, certain fans simply refuse to return until they're gone .

Bob Latchford

Originally Posted by SlowerThanPlatt End of the day, most of us support CCFC because of family ties. You'll find the odd CCFC fan who supports because it's his local club, but not many. Obviously we've been proper shit for 15 years now (or more, however you view it). It's no coincidence that Coventry and Blackburn the 2 teams who have had to wait the longest for a 'good' season (a top 6 finish or a trophy) are finding it difficult to gain fan momentum.

Not sure where you get this from . I'm a fan of CCFC because I was born , raised , worked in Cov and , lived a half a mile from H/R . [I'm a COV kid ] my parents didn't give a crap about CCFC .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tbh I was surprised at the first three attendances tbh, 11k is still more than I thought we would get during preseason. Be interesting to see if attendances continue to dip with the rugby starting at the Ricoh soon.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The fans have to be won back. That's the key point ! and will it happen with our current owners at the helm ? there are thousands who won't because of them . it was even said on the Friday night phone in, certain fans simply refuse to return until they're gone .

And before that they weren't going until Thorn is sacked, before that they weren't going till King left, before that they weren't going till Boothroyd left, before that they weren't going till Coleman, Reid, Mcallister were sacked. These are just people who make excuses for there poor support as it makes them feel better about it.

Bob Latchford

And before that they weren't going until Thorn is sacked, before that they weren't going till King left, before that they weren't going till Boothroyd left, before that they weren't going till Coleman, Reid, Mcallister were sacked. These are just people who make excuses for there poor support as it makes them feel better about it.

And yet , all valid reasons tbf.

SkyBlueSid

It is the key point, you are right. City fans have seen so many false dawns over the years that it will be a gradual process, not just three or four games. If it continues over the season that we get good home performances - and wins - then attendances will creep up. But it will not happen overnight.

The other factor is that, during the year away, people simply got out of the habit of football every other Saturday. Some will be doing other things now. It's not so much that they are refusing on principle, it's just that a year without a football club has left a legacy.

DazzleTommyDazzle

The other factor is that, during the year away, people simply got out of the habit of football every other Saturday. Some will be doing other things now. It's not so much that they are refusing on principle, it's just that a year without a football club has left a legacy.

I think that some people do underestimate this effect.

I missed yesterday's game because of a weekend away. I'll miss Shrewsbury as I'll be in Crete.

Over the previous few decades no arrangements were made without reference to the fixture list, but Sixfields broke that pattern.

I think I was still counted in the attendance as I have season tickets, but I think that there must be quite a few out there who have lost "the habit".

Sick Boy

End of the day, most of us support CCFC because of family ties. You'll find the odd CCFC fan who supports because it's his local club, but not many. Obviously we've been proper shit for 15 years now (or more, however you view it). It's no coincidence that Coventry and Blackburn the 2 teams who have had to wait the longest for a 'good' season (a top 6 finish or a trophy) are finding it difficult to gain fan momentum.

Talking crap, yet again!!

My parents and family are Irish and the members of my family who are actually interested in football all support Spurs.

Bob Latchford

It is the key point, you are right. City fans have seen so many false dawns over the years that it will be a gradual process, not just three or four games. If it continues over the season that we get good home performances - and wins - then attendances will creep up. But it will not happen overnight.

Agreed .

Terry Gibson's perm

Who has changed their alliance?
I know some that have season tickets for both.
I know season ticket holders at the City.
I know Wasps season ticket holders.
But I don't know anyone who has swapped their City ticket for a Wasps one?

i know a couple of people who have stopped attending Sky blues games and started to watch the Wasps, one may not have been a season ticket holder but was a regular visitor and the other was and now gets freebies for wasps for every home game and has offered me tickets in the past which I turned down as much because I don't like the game.

Mr T - Sukka!

League one attendances yesterday:

1) CCFC VS Chesterfield - 11,003

2) Millwall VS Southend - 10,228
3) Wigan VS Fleetwood - 8,603
4) Blackpool VS Barnsley - 7,542
5) Swindon VS Burton - 7,005
6) Doncaster VS Oldham - 5,647
7) Peterborough VS Walsall - 5,589
8) Shrewsbury VS Crewe - 5,481
9) Colchester VS Gillingham - 4,694
10) Bury VS Port Vale - 4,323
11) Rochdale VS Scunthorpe - 2,958

1st Best attended game yesterday and people are moaning FFS!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cheapest tickets yesterday also I think

WestEndAgro

Piss poor attendance, dress it up all you like but too many simply can't be bothered.

SlowerThanPlatt

Talking crap, yet again!!

My parents and family are Irish and the members of my family who are actually interested in football all support Spurs.

Like I said, I guess you aren't a teenager, therefore when you were a teenager CCFC were a Premier League side with some good players and playing against big names most weeks. I imagine it would be easier to support CCFC with no family connection when we were in the Premier League and playing Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal rather than in League One and playing against Southend, Chesterfield and Crewe.

armybike

However, worth taking into account the population of the home teams -

1) CCFC VS Chesterfield - 11,003 (330,000)

2) Millwall VS Southend - 10,228 (23,000)
3) Wigan VS Fleetwood - 8,603 (97,000)
4) Blackpool VS Barnsley - 7,542 (142,065)
5) Swindon VS Burton - 7,005 (185,609)
6) Doncaster VS Oldham - 5,647 (77,125)
7) Peterborough VS Walsall - 5,589 (184,500)
8) Shrewsbury VS Crewe - 5,481 (72,000)
9) Colchester VS Gillingham - 4,694 (121,859)
10) Bury VS Port Vale - 4,323 (55,856)
11) Rochdale VS Scunthorpe - 2,958 (88,068)

SlowerThanPlatt

Birmingham v Forest - 16,000. Birmingham population = 1.1m. Granted, there's Villa, so halve it you get 550,000.

And, by the way, the population of Wigan is 317,000. For some strange reason pundits go along with 'Little Wigan from a small town, incredible what they've done'. Here's the link from the government. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/mro/n...-of-the-north-west/censusnorthwestnr0712.html

Doncaster is another - 302,000 according to the government. http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/mro/n...-of-the-north-west/censusnorthwestnr0712.html

Users who are viewing this thread