11k (1 Viewer)

Specs WT-R75

I must say I am very disappointed with the turnout.

What the hell do people want!? Sun shining, 4th in the league, playing the best football for as long as I can remember.

FFS people get down and give these lads the support they deserve.

But hey it was a great game for the 1-0 scoreline :)

Peace-out!

CCFCKirky

I agree to a point but didn't waggott say that we needed 11k each home game on average to break even, so far we have hit 11k each game so happy days, attendances will increase if we continue playing like we have done.

CJ_covblaze

Relatively cheap too. It's the standard we're playing at and the misery of the last few years though.

stupot07

Our support of quite poor, and there's a few still NOPM so I was expecting c11k. I'm sure the city of Coventry will be out in force for the insects first game though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Our support of quite poor, and there's a few still NOPM so I was expecting c11k. I'm sure the city of Coventry will be out in force for the insects first game though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Be interesting to see how or if any attendances will be affected when Wasps kick off there season, most people in Coventry won't be able to afford to go watch both weekly.

shmmeee

Don't care what level it is. For the first time in years the product is worth the entry fee and then some. Time for the fans to step up.

Though to be fair they said on CWR there was something like 2k more there today than the Chesterfield game last season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't care what level it is. For the first time in years the product is worth the entry fee and then some. Time for the fans to step up.

Though to be fair they said on CWR there was something like 2k more there today than the Chesterfield game last season.

It beats most attendances from last season tbf, 11k is decent considering our support.

stupot07

There about 840 more than the corresponding fixture last season.

shmmeee

There about 840 more than the corresponding fixture last season.

Yeah but there was something like 1600 away fans last time and less this time.

Went today for the first game this season, thought we played some good stuff..even the GF enjoyed it... i'm sure we can add 2k at least if we keep the good form up.

D

Deleted member 2477

I hate the wasps. Thats all i hear people talking about at work they all take their kids up. Why dont they support their local clubs instead of a london club who stole our stadium

SkyBlueHomer

11k looked about right from where we were sat in block 21. Even under the scoreboard looked half empty. It would be nice to know from those not going the sensible reasons why they are not going.

If you are one of the ones not going you are missing out on the best football in years.

Grendel

I hate the wasps. Thats all i hear people talking about at work they all take their kids up. Why dont they support their local clubs instead of a london club who stole our stadium

Italia is fine with it. I'm sure he will explain.

Specs WT-R75

I agree to a point but didn't waggott say that we needed 11k each home game on average to break even, so far we have hit 11k each game so happy days, attendances will increase if we continue playing like we have done.

12k+ vs Crewe (it was more they fucked up with the tickets)... 13k vs Southend on a Monday evening ... based on the logic above we should have had more fans today...

Terry Gibson's perm

Should be classed as abuse taking a child to watch that shit.

italiahorse

Italia is fine with it. I'm sure he will explain.

You can do both.

skybluelee

Bollocks to the so called fans who couldn't be arsed to make the effort. They missed another great performance from this new exciting side. I loved every second of it. Pusb.

Grendel

You can do both.

He's talking about supporting local clubs. You just support any club that offers higher standard of support.

You are a fan of franchised sport - that's fine but don't then bleat if the club moved if the owners think it's in their interests. This is a principal you completely endorse.

Grendel

Bollocks to the so called fans who couldn't be arsed to make the effort. They missed another great performance from this new exciting side. I loved every second of it. Pusb.

Agreed. It was a comprehensive and dominant display.

SlowerThanPlatt

What's the appeal of Wasps? I must admit I went to the opening fixture just because my son got free tickets from school.

Terry Gibson's perm

Most people/families will not be able to afford to do both, and wasps will want to ensure that those people choose them not us.

There will be loads of freebies for the insect matches floating about so you only have to pay for ours;), I wouldn't take a free ticket to go.

Terry Gibson's perm

People who didn't go today missed a treat it was as a dominant one nil win and Murphy was worth the entrance fee alone.

christonabike

FFS this is 3rd division football in a stadium miles from no where and after years of utter shit.
When we were in the premiership come division 1 in the early 1990`s until Big Fat Ron came our gates were similar why do people moan about such bollocks. Move on either go or dont go and have a half with Nigel from the Festival pub if its still standing.:pointlaugh:

pusbccfc

To be fair there would have been 14,000 there if we beat Scunthorpe.

Otis

The way we lost to scunny didnt help , you know how some fans can be

Was going to say exactly the same thing. It was a poor defeat last week and lots of people on here were saying how dreadful we were and that we didn't create anything.

No doubt had we won last week, today's attendance would have been higher.

stupot07

12,000 at Blackburn today, 11,000 at Huddersfield (1,500 Bolton fans),

Tbf Blackburns only 1/3 the size of Coventry so had about 11% of the towns population at the game compared with our 3.7%. Huddlesfield is also smaller than Cov. I appreciate that the catchment areas are bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread