11k (1 Viewer)

turlykerd

When I saw 11,000 my initial reaction was "fair enough" been better been way worse

I'm sure if we're in the same position this time in May it'll be twice the amount !

Just too many bad performances and bad karma around this club to change people's hearts after only 1 month ... Although I'm hoping were still playing the same in a few weeks when I come up next

PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

End of the day, most of us support CCFC because of family ties. You'll find the odd CCFC fan who supports because it's his local club, but not many. Obviously we've been proper shit for 15 years now (or more, however you view it). It's no coincidence that Coventry and Blackburn the 2 teams who have had to wait the longest for a 'good' season (a top 6 finish or a trophy) are finding it difficult to gain fan momentum.

SkyBlue_Bear83

End of the day, most of us support CCFC because of family ties. You'll find the odd CCFC fan who supports because it's his local club, but not many. Obviously we've been proper shit for 15 years now (or more, however you view it). It's no coincidence that Coventry and Blackburn the 2 teams who have had to wait the longest for a 'good' season (a top 6 finish or a trophy) are finding it difficult to gain fan momentum.

Really? As someone who supports Coventry because it is my local club this surprises me.

My Dad had little interest in football growing up and ironically he was more into Rugby into his youth and he rarely if ever went to watch football. He only started going to take me up when I was about 11 and I wanted to go, now 11 years later and we've been season ticket holders at the Ricoh for about the last 7 or 8 years.

Last edited:

SkyBlueMatt

I wasn't able to go today mainly down to funds, if I could have been there I would. Have tickets already bought for Shrewsbury. It is a bit of a shame that we couldn't get 12-13k but its not that bad.

Think of it another way, its an improvement on the same fixture last year (around 1.5k). Also what would the attendance have been if we hadn't had the start we have had and were hovering around relegation? 7k? 8k?

If we win against Bury, 14k at Shrewsbury.

aviles

I remember the pre season game at Nuneaton thinking it was going to be another game of misery and i wouldnt be getting a season ticket! Biggest mistake of 2015!! The only games i have not been to are walsall and scunny the football we are playing at the moment is top notch and is the best i have seen us play since we have been at the ricoh! 11k i dont think is a bad attendance though considering we are a league one side i would be interested to see how other teams home attendances compare to us i would think we would be one of the better supported sides. keep up the good lads pusb

SlowerThanPlatt

Really? As someone who supports Coventry because it is my local club this surprises me.

My Dad had little interest in football growing up and ironically he was more into Rugby into his youth and he rarely if ever went to watch football. He only started going to take me up when I was about 11 and I wanted to go, now 11 years later and we've been season ticket holders at the Ricoh for about the last 7 or 8 years.
From my experience, yes. I guess years back it was different, we were a Prem side so it was easier to support CCFC as your local team without parental influence. Nowadays, I would guess only young kids with CCFC support in their family will be Coventry fans. This is why we should be targeting young kids, teenagers so in the future there children will also carry the tradition on. Also, I know I always go on about it, but a promotion would help. Believe it or not, finishing 18th every year is not going to influence young kids to attend games.

SlowerThanPlatt

I remember the pre season game at Nuneaton thinking it was going to be another game of misery and i wouldnt be getting a season ticket! Biggest mistake of 2015!! The only games i have not been to are walsall and scunny the football we are playing at the moment is top notch and is the best i have seen us play since we have been at the ricoh! 11k i dont think is a bad attendance though considering we are a league one side i would be interested to see how other teams home attendances compare to us i would think we would be one of the better supported sides. keep up the good lads pusb
We are 3rd behind Bradford (unatrual support, massive bandwagon, good on them though for acting on falling attendances) and Sheffield United (better supported)

aviles

We are 3rd behind Bradford (unatrual support, massive bandwagon, good on them though for acting on falling attendances) and Sheffield United (better supported)

going off that then im happy with our attendances playing the 4th best football in the league have the 3rd best home attendances and probably top 3 if not best away following and most definitely the best atmosphere. These are proud times to be a coventry fan

SlowerThanPlatt

Oh and I support CCFC because my dad brainwashed me from an early age. Pains me to say it, but if he didn't I wouldn't support CCFC just because its my local team.

SkyBlue_Bear83

From my experience, yes. I guess years back it was different, we were a Prem side so it was easier to support CCFC as your local team without parental influence. Nowadays, I would guess only young kids with CCFC support in their family will be Coventry fans. This is why we should be targeting young kids, teenagers so in the future there children will also carry the tradition on. Also, I know I always go on about it, but a promotion would help. Believe it or not, finishing 18th every year is not going to influence young kids to attend games.

Good points I guess, we never had sky sports in our household so the only way to get a football fix was to go and watch it. I remember I first started getting interested during the Mcallister/Black era so probably helped we played some exciting football for that period under Black.

I'll never understand kids who would rather watch a Man United on TV rather than attend live. I remember 11 year old me being just totally overawed and amazed at the crowds walking to highfield road for the first time.

skybluetony176

I wasn't able to go today mainly down to funds, if I could have been there I would. Have tickets already bought for Shrewsbury. It is a bit of a shame that we couldn't get 12-13k but its not that bad.

Think of it another way, its an improvement on the same fixture last year (around 1.5k). Also what would the attendance have been if we hadn't had the start we have had and were hovering around relegation? 7k? 8k?

If we win against Bury, 14k at Shrewsbury.

Same here. Actually had a free Saturday today but didn't have the spare fund's as I don't get paid until the 25th of the month. I'm guessing we're not alone in that respect, it's the end of the month for lots of people and I dare say that had an effect on attendances on its own.

letsallsingtogether

Fuck me same shit another day.
Fucking fickle Coventry fans shit supporters blah blah blah.

Must make you feel good being hero's.
Oh and by the way I was there but it was because I wanted to go, not because some knob tells me I should go because the fuckin sun is shining.

PUSB

Otis

Don't get this thread.

Last week we said we were dreadful, barely having a shot on target and we lost a match we thought we would win and we said it might well affect the attendance for the Chesterfield game and now it now has affected the Chesterfield game we are moaning about it.

armybike

Apparently Ann Lucas was outside the Ricoh yesterday handing out free Wasps tickets + used £20 notes of tax payers money, in an attempt to convert them to plastic Rugby fans to justify the decision she made, on the condition they didn't go in and watch the CCFC game.

She's something else that woman!

Sick Boy

Fuck me same shit another day.
Fucking fickle Coventry fans shit supporters blah blah blah.

Must make you feel good being hero's.
Oh and by the way I was there but it was because I wanted to go, not because some knob tells me I should go because the fuckin sun is shining.

PUSB

This explains why you shouldn't post after drinking

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Win next Saturday & you would hope the Shrews game would top 13k from home
Support alone.

We've waited years for a exciting team (that's playing in Coventry) especially at home & we've now got it!

Evo1883

Im not sure its about being super fans , i think its frustration as some including me dont understand what will make supporters show their faces .
We play awful we don't go , we play well we go but not in the numbers we hope or expect .
Fact is that is the ONLY home game of september , it is a poor turnout considering league position and the fact we only had this game this month .
What is it coventry supporters want ? Im baffled as this is the best footballing side to watch we have had since probably 97/8 ...yet 15000 used to turn up and watch andy thorns relegation side sometimes even in midweek ?
Bizzare set of fans we have

armybike

Im not sure its about being super fans , i think its frustration as some including me dont understand what will make supporters show their faces .
We play awful we don't go , we play well we go but not in the numbers we hope or expect .
Fact is that is the ONLY home game of september , it is a poor turnout considering league position and the fact we only had this game this month .
What is it coventry supporters want ? Im baffled as this is the best footballing side to watch we have had since probably 97/8 ...yet 15000 used to turn up and watch andy thorns relegation side sometimes even in midweek ?

Wrongly or rightly some people have switched alliances. They may have just decided to follow on CWR/Twitter etc or their kids may have started following other teams and so go to 'home' games with their kids either weekly or occasionally. The last few troublesome years have clearly had knock-on effects.

Evo1883

Lets hope we continue to play well and fans start coming back then , imagine being that fan that stayed away because of the owners only to miss out first top 6 finish in 46 years , thats going to be hard

Terry Gibson's perm

Wrongly or rightly some people have switched alliances. They may have just decided to follow on CWR/Twitter etc or their kids may have started following other teams and so go to 'home' games with their kids either weekly or occasionally. The last few troublesome years have clearly had knock-on effects.

Some are now waiting for their beloved Rugby teams season to start, still it's their bad luck they are missing some exciting stuff and it's great fun winning games. Hopefully the insects lose a few games at the start of the season but then again it's all about the game:facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

Bizarre set of fans.
So people expect bigger crowds in the 3rd division?
You really need to look at the bigger picture.
Just look at the drop in attendances of the teams that were reigate last season, and then look at the rise in the ones that were promoted this is the norm at every club in the country so WHY should it be any different here?
Or is it just those who live in Coventry who are like this?

Terry Gibson's perm

Lets hope we continue to play well and fans start coming back then , imagine being that fan that stayed away because of the owners only to miss out first top 6 finish in 46 years , thats going to be hard

Could have been me not the 46 years bit though, I would not have renewed had we not sacked Pressley and then got Mowbray to sign for s couple of years.

Hobo

Coventry RFC gate was down yesterday despite winning their opening two games. Watching sport live is expensive....there was a lot on the box yesterday.

letsallsingtogether

Some are now waiting for their beloved Rugby teams season to start, still it's their bad luck they are missing some exciting stuff and it's great fun winning games. Hopefully the insects lose a few games at the start of the season but then again it's all about the game:facepalm:

Who has changed their alliance?
I know some that have season tickets for both.
I know season ticket holders at the City.
I know Wasps season ticket holders.
But I don't know anyone who has swapped their City ticket for a Wasps one?

armybike

Yep, there are people who have switched to going to see Wasps. If they do loose then all the CCFC fanbois can start hatching their plans for the Ricoh takeover

jas365

I think these kind of crowds are to be expected given where we've been for some time now.

The club has unquestionably lost some fans due to the move to Northampton, and a lot of bridges have been burnt because of the way it's been run the last few years and all the off field shenanigans. It will take time for faith to be restored. I know people who won't go anymore, and others who only go to away games.

Crowds will eventually start to rise if we can maintain this position all season and the prospect of some success becomes a possibility (like Crewe in the JPT).

armybike

I think these kind of crowds are to be expected given where we've been for some time now.

The club has unquestionably lost some fans due to the move to Northampton, and a lot of bridges have been burnt because of the way it's been run the last few years and all the off field shenanigans. It will take time for faith to be restored. I know people who won't go anymore, and others who only go to away games.

Crowds will eventually start to rise if we can maintain this position all season and the prospect of some success becomes a possibility (like Crewe in the JPT).

The problem is that if people do start coming back if the team are doing well, the "real fans" start the ridiculous calls that they're just plastics.

Steve.B50

Very much agree Jas
Fans will slowly come back as and when they see results, quality football and that others talking about the new found enjoyment. What needs to continue is our owners building trust and honesty with fans.

H

Huckerby

The problem is that if people do start coming back if the team are doing well, the "real fans" start the ridiculous calls that they're just plastics.
Exactly. If it became hard to get a ticket because demand increased to much, the same people slating others for not going, would be moaning because they can't get a ticket because the armchair fans are back

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread