11,000 now sold for home leg (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybluelee

According to Offal.

Come on people of Coventry (and surrounding areas), lets get this bad boy sold out.

Sky Blue Sheepy

We never seem to do well with larger crowds though - tend to notice that people see the results then assume we should be playing like a prem team and get on the players backs. Hope I'm wrong.

Otis

Would guess many going for the away tickets today would have bought for the home leg too.

Covstu

i think if we continue to pick up points in the coming fixtures, people will get cup feaver!

Gint11

I keep thinking with the form we are on you would be seeing 15k-16k up the Ricoh but maybe Im dreaming a bit. Still, its rose to between 10-12k which is an improvement and very high in league 1 attendances still.

Ashdown1

Those who are not going are missing out, people are still looking for 'Event games'..........like the Crewe game with a lot resting on them. If we are on the edge of the play offs in March supporters will come. The weather will have took quite a few off the last two home gates too

Noggin

I keep thinking with the form we are on you would be seeing 15k-16k up the Ricoh but maybe Im dreaming a bit. Still, its rose to between 10-12k which is an improvement and very high in league 1 attendances still.

I think our crowds will go up quite quickly, I think they have been a bit lower than expected because we had alot of home games and some big games like spurs away all close together and that lowered the attendence. The horrible weather hasn't helped either. I think we'll be seeing 15-16k as we once the weather is better.

Joy Division

Purchased a few tickets online about an hour ago. Really not many tickets left in the North and East stands, I'd say pushing towards 17-18k sold so far.

skybluelee

Purchased a few tickets online about an hour ago. Really not many tickets left in the North and East stands, I'd say pushing towards 17-18k sold so far.

Think its because unclaimed ST seats are yet to be made available. I'd be surprised if we've sold another 7K since 11am.

I did my bit by buying 5 this morning.

SkyBlueUkeman

Seriously underestimated how fast these tickets would sell. Usually im up the top near 15-16, but now im stuck at the bottom of block 18. Ah well. PUSB!

NuneatonSkyBlue

I bet there will be another surge over the next week or so as people will be getting paid for the first time after the Christmas break.

its going to be the biggest crowd of the season without a doubt, the incentive being that the club have said anyone who buys a ticket SHOULD be guaranteed a ticket if we get to Wembley. Can't see it being much below 25K plus however many Crewe bring (1,500 at best I reckon) If we get to Wembley, will easily take 40K. We are by far the best supported club left in the competition.

Paul CCFC

I just hope if we were to sell 25,000 or so, 25,000 or so do actually turn up and don't just use it as a 'guaranteed wembley reservation'.

I know a couple of people, sadly, that have and have little intention of turning up. Winds me up a little. Especially as there shouldnt be issues getting wembley tickets.

Still, there's time for them to see straight!

Block19

Now it's 13,287. No wait its now 13,288. Oh someone's going into the club shop they are buying.............3 tickets...... Yes it's now 13,291...............oh no sorry they were buying tickets for the Yeovil game.....

jabharty

Block 19, 20 and 21 all out of double seats. Only about 9 single seats dotted about. That goes for most of the stand, really. Get'em fast!

theferret

I just hope if we were to sell 25,000 or so, 25,000 or so do actually turn up and don't just use it as a 'guaranteed wembley reservation'.

I know a couple of people, sadly, that have and have little intention of turning up. Winds me up a little. Especially as there shouldnt be issues getting wembley tickets.

Still, there's time for them to see straight!

I know people who have done this also. It wound me up so I emailed the club about it, but obviously didn't get a reply. I think the club should announce that you actually have to attend the match to get priority (it is recorded electronically anyway) rather than just buy tickets.

Although, I disagree about getting Wembley tickets - we will sell whatever we get - easily.

Last edited:

SkyBlueRuffian

I wouldn't worry about Wembley just yet, I'm not even thinking about it, this is the Leeds Utd game of the 87 run, going to be tough.

skybluelee

There will only be literally a handful of people who care enough to go to London for the day but not bother going to the semi. No point even worrying about it.

SkyBlueUkeman

Everyone who wants a ticket for Wembley will get one regardless, so it's a bit of a waste of money buying a Crewe ticket just to get priority.

Plus, if you have bought a ticket, why not use it? Just seems daft.

Mucca Mad Boys

Everyone who wants a ticket for Wembley will get one regardless, so it's a bit of a waste of money buying a Crewe ticket just to get priority.

I'd get a Crewe home ticket (to get priority) so if we did win the tie, I'd have a better chance of getting good seats.

I'm a ST holder, I want to get similar seats to when I went England v Belgium, behind the goal, top seats!

hill83

We need to stop talking about Wembley like we are already there. There could be a lot of tears if we aren't careful.

Mucca Mad Boys

We need to stop talking about Wembley like we are already there. There could be a lot of tears if we aren't careful.

If it read like I thought we were already heading for Wembley, it didn't men to sound that way, I think it's a difficult tie (but one I tip us to win). I was talking in the event we gt to Wembley.

hill83

If it read like I thought we were already heading for Wembley, it didn't men to sound that way, I think it's a difficult tie (but one I tip us to win). I was talking in the event we gt to Wembley.

It wasn't aimed directly at you, or anyone really!

Paul CCFC

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go to wembley with the City - but I don't expect it. Seeing 25,000 a the Ricoh is an experience in itself !

Anyone who has a ticket and not attending is missing out big time.

PUSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread