100 Games For Super Matt - But How Super? (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

Let me explain it to you then.

Against Blackpool, Walker (supposedly a striker) played for 65 minutes without scoring. He was then replaced by non other than Matty Godden, who played for 25 minutes and scored 1 goal. (Oh the irony) Take a minute to process that thought!

You still with me? ... . Bare with

In the last 3 years or so, Mr Walker has appeared approximately 83 times for us and league 1 Plymouth where he scored a grand total of 11 goals, a rough average of 1 goal every 7.5 appearances. While also gaining something of a reputation from both city and Plymouth fans for being lazy and half arsed.

Mr Godden has appeared 101 times for us, and amassed a creditable 40 goals in that time, which gives him an rough average of 1 goal every 2.5 appearances, and become something of a terrace hero at the same time, and even has his own song.
(Which Walker doesn't have, ...unless you include the chant "get that useless twat Walker off"

Just for comparison, Gyokeres has 108 appearances for us, and also scored 40 goals, and is valued in excess of £20 million, surely by your logic, he should also be replaced by Walker after missing so many chances against Reading.

Now Mr Walker may have impressed you with his 65 minutes of fruitless effort against Blackpool, and I'm sure the fact that he ran around a bit more than usual has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him being out of contract in 2 games time.

Your completely entitled to your opinion of course, ....as unique as it is.

But I hope some of the above will give you some food for thought.

Have a good one 👍
plymouth?

Hertsccfc

Against Blackpool, Walker (supposedly a striker) played for 65 minutes without scoring. He was then replaced by non other than Matty Godden, who played for 25 minutes and scored 1 goal. (Oh the irony) Take a minute to process that thought!

In the last 3 years or so, Mr Walker has appeared approximately 83 times for us and league 1 Plymouth where he scored a grand total of 11 goals, a rough average of 1 goal every 7.5 appearances. While also gaining something of a reputation from both city and Plymouth fans for being lazy and half arsed.

Mr Godden has appeared 101 times for us, and amassed a creditable 40 goals in that time, which gives him an rough average of 1 goal every 2.5 appearances, and become something of a terrace hero at the same time, and even has his own song.
(Which Walker doesn't have, ...unless you include the chant "get that useless twat Walker off"

Just for comparison, Gyokeres has 108 appearances for us, and also scored 40 goals, and is valued in excess of £20 million, surely by your logic, he should also be replaced by Walker after missing so many chances against Reading.

Now Mr Walker may have impressed you with his 65 minutes of fruitless effort against Blackpool, and I'm sure the fact that he ran around a bit more than usual has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with him being out of contract in 2 games time.

Have a good one 👍
What do you want him to bare with you? Also it was Portsmouth not Plymouth.

Of course Godden has been by far the better player for us but the comments about Walker being lazy are unfair and untrue.

fatso

What do you want him to bare with you? Also it was Portsmouth not Plymouth.

Of course Godden has been by far the better player for us but the comments about Walker being lazy are unfair and untrue.
I beg to differ

In fact there's even a comment on his Wiki page under the heading "style of play" that reads "his work rate has been criticised"

I'm not aware of any other professional footballer who's Wiki page has such a comment.

Feel free to show me any though.

rexo87

Have a good one
Didn't bother reading past first paragraph as you can't seem to understand a striker can play well without scoring

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

fatso

Didn't bother reading past first paragraph as you can't seem to understand a striker can play well without scoring

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Of course he can, but Walker has hardly ever played well. Hence his position down the pecking order.

The fact that you didn't read the whole post might explain your continued belief in the irrational.

Attachments

• head-in-the-sand.gif
    head-in-the-sand.gif
    72.7 KB · Views: 7

torchomatic

I beg to differ

In fact there's even a comment on his Wiki page under the heading "style of play" that reads "his work rate has been criticised"

I'm not aware of any other professional footballer who's Wiki page has such a comment.

Feel free to show me any though.

Anyone can alter a Wiki page. And, criticised by whom?

djr8369

Lots of our fans know about as much as biochemistry as they know about football. We have people ringing up BBC CWR to give an opinion on the match (NICK) that haven’t even watched the game. Radio 1 doesn’t have people on rating the latest films that haven’t watched the film, so I don’t see why we have to put up with it on CWR sport coverage. One week Nick said he hadn’t watched the game because he’d been on the beer with a mate, and still got put straight on with Oggy.

I think Kelly has been great in his appearances on Wednesday and yesterday. He’s back to his old self.
Why Nick gets on every week and usually gets more time than anyone else is one of the mysterious of the universe.

torchomatic

Plenty, here and at Portsmouth.

There's plenty of comments about his work rate on this forum if you'd care to search.

Ah yes, the football professionals on this forum. Apologies then.

fatso

Ah yes, the football professionals on this forum. Apologies then.
Mock all you like, but there's a reason he won't be here next season.

The only question is, will he get a contract in the football league, or will he be non league from now on.

lordy_87

Have a good one 👍
You haven't answered anything. You're able to call into question the form/performances of a regular player and on that basis advocate an alternative player to start, regardless of their previous records.

fatso

You haven't answered anything. You're able to call into question the form/performances of a regular player and on that basis advocate an alternative player to start, regardless of their previous records.
I have absolutely no funking idea what your on about.

Boosh

Stop ruining this thread with bollocks about Walker, it’s a Matty Godden thread

fatso

Stop ruining this thread with bollocks about Walker, it’s a Matty Godden thread
But I'm saying Godden is 100% better than Walker!
And I'm defending him against dickheads who would argue otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread