1 Year ago today (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

We beat Rochdale 2-1 away.

Pissing down rain, a sold out away stand full of sky blues singing. Little did i know that i only had 1 more game seeing us in the flesh ( Rotherham home 3 days later)

Weirdly really depressed me today that has. 3 Days shy of a whole year without going to a game.

Its made me want to ask the question as the anniversary for all of us creeps up since last seeing us, How are you with it?

Have you melted into the empty stadium ifollow routine easily? Or the mere thought of hearing us all singing the sky blue song in unison keeps you going?

matesx

I was at that Rochdale game too and it was the last game i saw. Cant believe its a year already with all thats gone on since.

If anyone had said to me after that game that I wouldn't see City play for over a year...

I'm missing it so much, its shit watching games in empty stadiums. Miss the whole footy day with my mates having a few scoops before and after.

Evo1883

Football is what I do with my dad and my daughters, dad suffers with several mental health issues as do I.. It keeps us in a routine and with something to look forward to, which often has been the case over the last 4 years.

IL be honest we really miss it, it's our thing, I love the city but I love spending time with my family at the match more..

Can't wait to go back

pastythegreat

Its killing me in all honesty. My missus regularly jokes that the only thing that makes me genuinely happy (moody of we lose/play shit) is the city. I dont understand how all these Liverpool and Utd "fans" sit at home and watch their team on the tele every week.
One thing I've learnt from all of this though, is that football in itself actually bores me. I've not watched a single game other than CCFC. My passion isn't football, my passion is CCFC.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Its killing me in all honesty. My missus regularly jokes that the only thing that makes me genuinely happy (moody of we lose/play shit) is the city. I dont understand how all these Liverpool and Utd "fans" sit at home and watch their team on the tele every week.
One thing I've learnt from all of this though, is that football in itself actually bores me. I've not watched a single game other than CCFC. My passion isn't football, my passion is CCFC.

I'm a bit like that, I do watch the EFL show a bit but every time I put MOTD on I end up turning over. I've got Sky sports but every live game other than ours bores me to death.

Saddlebrains

I echo whats been said above, Would go to games with the kids. Turned them into proper fans.

My concern is they will now lose the bug, as they only seem interested for 5 minutes on out televised games then sod off and play minecraft

SBT

As others have said, it is amazing how less engaged I am with non-Cov games when it’s all BCD. It’s sad to think that we’re still a long way from full stadiums. I know there are a lot of people who want to be back at the stadium as soon as possible, even if it’s limited capacity/no away fans/mandatory masks with no singing etc, and I’m happy for them. I just can’t drum up the enthusiasm for that. When the stands are full and everyone feels free to go all out, that’s when it’s back for me.

covcity4life

I just hope it goes back to normal after pandemic. Or at a people going to be scared of being close to other humans forever now?

Londonccfcfan

Football is what I do with my dad and my daughters, dad suffers with several mental health issues as do I.. It keeps us in a routine and with something to look forward to, which often has been the case over the last 4 years.

IL be honest we really miss it, it's our thing, I love the city but I love spending time with my family at the match more..

Can't wait to go back

Spot on...Really miss away days with my son.
This is a pic I took at Doncaster In the bar pre game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-102820_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210222-102820_Gallery.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210222-102820_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210222-102820_Gallery.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 41

Fergusons_Beard

I was at the game too.

Can’t believe it’s a year ago-bloody miss shouting at footballers when they can actually hear me....

Really miss celebrating a goal with my brothers too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Londonccfcfan

Its my team and my dads team...its a common love and bond that we share.

The away days would have been mental this year. Just gotta stay up. Then we can witness it all next year.

pastythegreat

Its my team and my dads team...its a common love and bond that we share.

The away days would have been mental this year. Just gotta stay up. Then we can witness it all next year.
Its not the away days this season i feel robbed of, its the ones we had coming up at the end of last season. Blackpool and Wimbledon would have both been fantastic days out.

Otis

I haven't been to St. Andrews and haven't been to any away games for many, many years, Wembley apart (used to go a lot) , so last City game for me was quite some time ago. Feels like an absolute age.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not noticing the lack of crowds now when watching ! Have seen more matches than normal - on the edge of my seat more

I find I am more nervous watching at home I think it might be that you see less of the play around the field and also iFollow just does what it wants and misses lots of important stuff like goals.

SkyBlueSoul

I was meant to go to that Rochdale game but got taken into hospital on the Friday and had to miss it, means that fucking freezing 0-0 away at Fleetwood was my last game. Then this season was the first time I've been able to afford a season ticket since moving away and we're not allowed in! 😒

Would give anything to be back in, even with restrictions/masks etc. but wouldn't fully enjoy it until we're all back in as before

Covkid1968#

I’m in a different place. All the lads I used to go with and have the crack with stopped going... been mainly me and occasionally a mate with me. My eldest is Man U and my youngest has never really taken to it... so I go.... do the beers and talk shite to other city fans. So I’ve not missed it as really got into ifollow routine. Win... more beer... lose less beer
As soon as we are back I’ll be there again though. Plus I’ve linked with a couple of supporters groups so will have the social thing going on.
Love seeing people going with Dads and kids...I honestly thought that would be me... but my kids just have other interests🙁

Feel free to have the Simon Mayo theme tune playing in the background as you read this 😬😬

Terry_dactyl

I’m in a different place. All the lads I used to go with and have the crack with stopped going... been mainly me and occasionally a mate with me. My eldest is Man U and my youngest has never really taken to it... so I go.... do the beers and talk shite to other city fans. So I’ve not missed it as really got into ifollow routine. Win... more beer... lose less beer
As soon as we are back I’ll be there again though. Plus I’ve linked with a couple of supporters groups so will have the social thing going on.
Love seeing people going with Dads and kids...I honestly thought that would be me... but my kids just have other interests🙁

Feel free to have the Simon Mayo theme tune playing in the background as you read this 😬😬
I share your pain! My boy isn’t particularly interested. I’ve managed to get him to watch a few games on ifollow but he’s mostly playing something else when the game is on.
The first game I took my daughter to was the Newport away game.Needless to say she’s not wanted to go back.

AOM

Echo what others on here have already said really.
I'm still really invested when we're playing on ifollow even without crowds, but I've found the no fans/atmosphere removes a lot of the buzz for any other non-Cov matches and I soon get bored.

Can't wait to get back though. Will be gutted if our only season back in the Championship will be behind closed doors

Londonccfcfan

Its not the away days this season i feel robbed of, its the ones we had coming up at the end of last season. Blackpool and Wimbledon would have both been fantastic days out.

True about celebrating our position. But done those grounds before. The championship grounds my lad hasnt been to. And we been waiting to go to them for years.

Londonccfcfan

During the play off Semi final at Notts County. I remember looking at City ground and saying to my son. We will be going there soon!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I was also at Rochdale.....I'm always at the north-west away games as I live up here.

I got drenched to the skin walking up to the ground, including stepping in a puddle that turned out to be more like a fucking black hole.....

I then got drenched in lager in the concourse at HT......didn't mind that so much......

It was the first game that season that I genuinely believed when I joined in with the chorus of "we're going to win the league"

All seems like a lifetime ago now.......and I find ifollow/BCD games so depressing that I barely bother.

Can't wait to get back in a packed away end, a good beer buzz on, singing my heart out, hugging strangers when we score & watching the young-uns giving it large down the front......

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I was also at the game . Only 4 or 5 miles away for me. I really enjoyed that game and gave me some revenge on the 1971 FA cup defeat that was so painful as an 8 year old. Had a really nice time despite the rain with a drink and some food with a another fan who I bumped into at the away Rotherham game. We had some other games lined up that of course never happened.

It’sabatch87

I share your pain! My boy isn’t particularly interested. I’ve managed to get him to watch a few games on ifollow but he’s mostly playing something else when the game is on.
The first game I took my daughter to was the Newport away game.Needless to say she’s not wanted to go back.
Not surprised,It rained a bit that day didn’t it!!
Good session in the town centre though.

Sick Boy

I was also at Rochdale.....I'm always at the north-west away games as I live up here.

I got drenched to the skin walking up to the ground, including stepping in a puddle that turned out to be more like a fucking black hole.....

I then got drenched in lager in the concourse at HT......didn't mind that so much......

It was the first game that season that I genuinely believed when I joined in with the chorus of "we're going to win the league"

All seems like a lifetime ago now.......and I find ifollow/BCD games so depressing that I barely bother.

Can't wait to get back in a packed away end, a good beer buzz on, singing my heart out, hugging strangers when we score & watching the young-uns giving it large down the front......
As soon as things are back to normal Ryanair will be making a wedge off me - contemplating a season ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread