1 in 4 forwards (1 Viewer)

djr8369

Where do you put clearly our best player (Andreu) in a 442?

This might be the most important question of the season. I think play him as a 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsabuzzard

So you feel it's ok to vent your disappointment on me? I haven't been harsh on the lad, i'm sure Robins weren't happy with his 2 misses either?! Lots of people gang up on here, they prey on anyone with a different opinion to theirs. Embarrassing
I'm sure Robins weren't happy. I'm not either.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

So you feel it's ok to vent your disappointment on me? I haven't been harsh on the lad, i'm sure Robins weren't happy with his 2 misses either?! Lots of people gang up on here, they prey on anyone with a different opinion to theirs. Embarrassing
I dont anyone is 'ganging' up on you, you obviously wanted a reaction so you have one.....
Mcnulty didnt look like the player he became after 1 game, he was snatching at shots at the beginning and this is what i saw from Hiwula yesterday.
Now who knows if this is our 'finisher' for the season or if Robins has a little magic card to play !!! I do agree that Max or JCH is not the answer but i think lots of posters on here get a tad pissed of with some of the uncalled for negative posts especially after 1 game, at times we played Scunny off the park but just needed to be more clinical

hill83

The old 'people on here' shtick is a complete nonsense. If the same was spouted in the pub or a supermarket or anywhere you'd more than likely get the same response. ONE GAME.

Last edited:

Hobo

I can't believe the criticism or the low match ratings.
He had one clear cut chance and one half chance. He has pace and a great first touch and awareness of players around him. Like Ogogo he moves the ball on quickly.

He also makes subtle adjustments to his positioning when we lose possession cutting down the player on the balls options.

I thought he wanted the ball and got involved and linked well with the midfield players. He is happy to receive the ball in tight positions and he only miss controlled the ball once whole game. He also looks comfortable turning and taking players on.

He has had next to no time training with the squad so I thought he did really well.

For me Ogogo, him, Andreu and Bayliss looked a cut above anybody else on the park.

Ashdown

It was only one game but this Hiwula fella snatched at things and seemed to get a bit over excited when chances came up. Didn't the Bradford fans say he missed a boat load for them ?! Time will tell I guess !

Grendel

For me Ogogo, him, Andreu and Bayliss looked a cut above anybody else on the park.

I thought he looked pretty good. He’s only just signed and so it was always going to be a difficult first game. He looks quick and sharp and will I think be a strong player at this level.

Gint11

92 league clubs x 10 outfield players = 920 players. Each team will play at least 1 striker in a game week. 92 strikers.

In 2017/2018 season, 116 players scored double figures. I’d predict (haven’t checked) just over half of that sum we’re strikers roughly speaking, 60 strikers. Not many is it?

We are currently 62nd in the English pyramid. Point is this. There isn’t many strikers capable of doing a ‘McNulty’ like last year and if we find one, he has to be unknown as we do not have favourable odds.

We’ve got what we got. Leave off our strikers and give them a chance.

Nick

Administrator
It's not much different to last season when McNulty wasn't scoring.

We didn't really commit players forward enough but when we did it worked. Biamou had it a few times with literally nobody near him to lay it off to.

The way we play at the front needs tweaking, maybe 2 up front with andreu just behind.

hill83

92 league clubs x 10 outfield players = 920 players. Each team will play at least 1 striker in a game week. 92 strikers.

In 2017/2018 season, 116 players scored double figures. I’d predict (haven’t checked) just over half of that sum we’re strikers roughly speaking, 60 strikers. Not many is it?

We are currently 62nd in the English pyramid. Point is this. There isn’t many strikers capable of doing a ‘McNulty’ like last year and if we find one, he has to be unknown as we do not have favourable odds.

We’ve got what we got. Leave off our strikers and give them a chance.

CarolVorderman460.jpg

AlansEyes

Good to see that we're not judging him too quickly. Of course, McNulty hit the ground running and was banging in the goals right from the start of last season, wasn't he? (I haven't read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned).

Greggs

I dont anyone is 'ganging' up on you, you obviously wanted a reaction so you have one.....
Mcnulty didnt look like the player he became after 1 game, he was snatching at shots at the beginning and this is what i saw from Hiwula yesterday.
Now who knows if this is our 'finisher' for the season or if Robins has a little magic card to play !!! I do agree that Max or JCH is not the answer but i think lots of posters on here get a tad pissed of with some of the uncalled for negative posts especially after 1 game, at times we played Scunny off the park but just needed to be more clinical

So fucking what, cowardly gang of bullies don't allow others to have an opinion. So everything has to be sunshine and fucking butterflies?

Fergusons_Beard

So fucking what, cowardly gang of bullies don't allow others to have an opinion. So everything has to be sunshine and fucking butterflies?

Lol!

So anyone who disagrees with you is in a cowardly gang?

I’d suggest that having a pop at our new young striker after just one game is pretty cowardly and quite bullying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AlansEyes

Lol!

So anyone who disagrees with you is in a cowardly gang?

I’d suggest that having a pop at our new young striker after just one game is pretty cowardly and quite bullying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Our new, young striker who joined us two days before the start of the season and was played out of position - and let's be honest, if he was the finished product already then he'd be playing for Huddersfield.

Mucca Mad Boys

1 in 4 is a pretty good strike rate! The same people said the same stuff about McNulty. Why don’t people reserve their judgement about players for a few games and then start critising people.

Irish Sky Blue

1 in 4 is a pretty good strike rate! The same people said the same stuff about McNulty. Why don’t people reserve their judgement about players for a few games and then start critising people.
Or supporting them instead. (Depends on the type of criticism I suppose. The McWankty variety isn’t going to help).

capel & collindridge

Everyone attacking my opinion with the 'Armstrong Mcglodrick' bollocks, it's going to get my back up and i'm going in defensive mode. Perhaps a bit too passionate, it's only a game and all that. Just ruins my weekend when we lose!

But it makes it great when you win. Yesterday obviously was a disappointment, but the disappointment was more that we lost than how we lost. Even Scunny fans thought we were good. You have to open an account to go on their forum but it is always interesting to see what the opposition's fans are saying:

"It’s worth mentioning that Coventry FC gave us a warm welcome. Apart from the scandalous prices for beer and pies, I thought that it was a good match day experience. The service was quick and friendly, the stewarding was effective and pleasant, and some of the serving staff were even wearing Iron colours! Nice to feel wanted, perhaps the weather helped.

Good result too, although I was feeling down at the end of the first half. The Coventry midfield were all over us for 45 minutes. They were,quick, skilful and passed the ball well, and linked up well with their forwards, only some excellent defending from us kept us in the game. The substitutions changed the game. Two good goals from Humphries and Dales, and a very creditable attempt from Perch, which the Coventry keeper did well to save. Rory Watson did well, although I thought that his positioning was at fault for the Coventry goal.

This is my first comment on Iron Bru, and I await the reaction with interest. Putting on hard hat now…."

That's the SISU cover-up. They are pretending they get nothing from the sales of beer and pies when in fact it's the gravy train that been funding all our purchases during the close season! Don't tell Wasps (or Italiahorse).

ajsccfc

If it's attacks and shouting down opinion you're talking about, someone disagreed with your point about Hiwula and you called them a boring generic twat dicksplash and told them to fuck off.

mark82

People are disagreeing with your opinion. No-one has said you aren't allowed an opinion. There's a big difference between people voicing their opinion against yours and stopping you from expressing your opinion. If anyone is saying others shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinion it's you. Get a bit of perspective, this is not Russia. You can say what you like but you have to be willing to let others say what they want too, even if you disagree with it.

CCFC88

I think once we have genuine wingers fit and ready to go he'll be played in the middle, unless someone better comes in.

A front three of Allasani Jordy Jones with Andreu sat in behind pulling strings feeding through balls would get my vote.

If/When everyone is fit and available the amount of different systems we could adapt to is scary.

Users who are viewing this thread