1 in 4 forwards (1 Viewer)

hill83

Comparing any new signing to a past success is just ridiculous. For every one success we've had 10 failures. So your point is null and void.
Nowhere have i called him shit. You're putting words in my mouth, which I don't appreciate. I have just stated he doesn't seem to be the goal poacher he has been signed to replace, hence him playing outwide!

Mark Robins said:
“He’s not a direct replacement for Marc McNulty, but is another component in our squad and this isn’t the end of our recruitment in this window.”

Either way. 1 game.

torchomatic

SKYBLUES90

Comparing any new signing to a past success is just ridiculous. For every one success we've had 10 failures. So your point is null and void.
Nowhere have i called him shit. You're putting words in my mouth, which I don't appreciate. I have just stated he doesn't seem to be the goal poacher he has been signed to replace, hence him playing outwide!

Lol you do realise you Started this thread saying

‘So...Jordy ain’t no Armstrong or Mcgoldrick’

So your point about not comparing past players as ridiculous is a bit silly isn’t it

Fergusons_Beard

What a wanker.

He’ll be a great signing for us.

1st fucking game of the season and already criticising a striker who played out of position yet showed enough to put their keeper under pressure.

We lost-get over it.

Scunny consistently a very decent League 1 side and just the sort of test we needed.

Mark my words-City will do very well this year and Jordy will be a massive part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greggs

What a wanker.

He’ll be a great signing for us.

1st fucking game of the season and already criticising a striker who played out of position yet showed enough to put their keeper under pressure.

We lost-get over it.

Scunny consistently a very decent League 1 side and just the sort of test we needed.

Mark my words-City will do very well this year and Jordy will be a massive part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hahahaha, what have i said that's so offensive, pissed up rodent. I actually think he had a decent game. Just not the finisher we need!

luwalla

What a pathetic “I told you so” post... after 1 game!!!! You haven’t made yourself look big or clever by trying to prove how right you were, you just made yourself look like a right.... well, dicksplash

Not sure if you went today, but he actually
Looked like a decent player & with a few games Under his belt will start to put them away. Marc McNulty ... say no more!

ccfcway

What a pathetic “I told you so” post... after 1 game!!!! You haven’t made yourself look big or clever by trying to prove how right you were, you just made yourself look like a right.... well, dicksplash

Looked like a decent player & with a few games Under his belt will start to put them away. Marc McNulty ... say no more!

No more

fernandopartridge

So......Jordy aint Armstrong or Mcgoldrick! If you sign a player that needs 10 shots to score, you are going to miss chances and lose games! We need a finisher, not another wide player!
Keep your powder dry, actually don't, as you've not good great form for this sort of prediction

Greggs

What have i said that makes you angry? I think he had a decent game. Just doesn't seem to be the finisher/goal poacher we need.

Otis

I'm not calling him out,. Do you actually know what that means? I'm just questioning the fact we singed 'another' player that only scores 1 in 4 and it seems a bit of a risk. I know all signings are risks, but after selling 30 goals from last season i'd much rather have seen a proven finisher at this level.
What did we singe him for?

Greggs

Clearly not learnt from McWankty.
At the end of the day pal, i follow them passionately home and away. A bit of craic on the internet isn't harming anyone, is it?

Gint11

So......Jordy aint Armstrong or Mcgoldrick! If you sign a player that needs 10 shots to score, you are going to miss chances and lose games! We need a finisher, not another wide player!

Come on Greggs. Shine a light. Talk about knee jerk.

luwalla

What have i said that makes you angry? I think he had a decent game. Just doesn't seem to be the finisher/goal poacher we need.
I’m not angry... I’ve come away a little disappointed, but ultimately optimistic today.

I was just pointing out that your thinly veiled “I told you so” post was a little pathetic

Grendel

What I find perplexing is you constantly berate one in 4 as inadequate for striker but seem to value a striker who could only dream of such a ratio

Greggs

Where do you put clearly our best player (Andreu) in a 442?
I don't know mate. Robins has totally rebuilt the team over the summer, with players suited 4-2-3-1. But Biamou or JCH aint gonna shoot us to glory. All our success last season came 4-4-2! But everyone says we must trust in robins, so to avoid the bullies on here i guess that's the way!

Grendel

shmmeee

I don't know mate. Robins has totally rebuilt the team over the summer, with players suited 4-2-3-1. But Biamou or JCH aint gonna shoot us to glory. All our success last season came 4-4-2! But everyone says we must trust in robins, so to avoid the bullies on here i guess that's the way!

I don't think you have to play JCH or Biamou in 4231, Armstrong and McGoldrick both played as the 1 in that formation it doesn't have to be a big guy.

Greggs

I’m not angry... I’ve come away a little disappointed, but ultimately optimistic today.

I was just pointing out that your thinly veiled “I told you so” post was a little pathetic
So you feel it's ok to vent your disappointment on me? I haven't been harsh on the lad, i'm sure Robins weren't happy with his 2 misses either?! Lots of people gang up on here, they prey on anyone with a different opinion to theirs. Embarrassing

Grendel

How would you describe how we lined up during the run in last year? When Max and McNulty played together?

4 - 3 - 1 - 2

He rarely plays 4 across the middle also even when it’s two forwards one is more advanced than the other

Cov kid 55

Everyone attacking my opinion with the 'Armstrong Mcglodrick' bollocks, it's going to get my back up and i'm going in defensive mode. Perhaps a bit too passionate, it's only a game and all that. Just ruins my weekend when we lose!
Everyone attacking my opinion with the 'Armstrong Mcglodrick' bollocks, it's going to get my back up and i'm going in defensive mode. Perhaps a bit too passionate, it's only a game and all that. Just ruins my weekend when we lose!

Your passion is fine, to be commended, but losing football games is a fact of life, even when we don’t deserve to lose. My weekend, and a lot of other posters will be somewhat tarnished by this result. But we need to move on and not knee jerk, particularly where young and new players are concerned. You may be right that he won’t score 20 + goals, but maybe he hasn’t been signed to do that.

Perhaps we should go with Robins who says that we probably won’t be at 100% for a few weeks, which will apply to individuals and the team. Onwards to Wimbledon, where I think we will win.

larry_david

During the warm up he slotted every shot into the bottom corner. Can't believe when his chance came her just smashed it wide

Perryccfc

Wouldn’t really class McNulty as a ‘goal poacher’ to be honest.

I think you’re jumping the gun a bit. If he goes and scores 2 goals from 2 chances in the next game will you change your mind and say he’s the answer to our prayers?! No probably not, judge him at the end of the season, not after 90 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread