1 in 4 forwards (1 Viewer)

itsabuzzard

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're missing an apostrophe.
I'll hold my hands up lads. Over reaction and stupid melodramatic behaviour on my part. Lets hope Jordy notches on Saturday!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Cup and league games (excl. Jpt)

Biamou 25 in 141 apps
JCH 25 in 177 apps
Hiwula 32 in 148 apps
Bakayoko 16 in 125 apps.
Total 98 in 591 apps

To replace:
McNulty 97 in 264 apps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Biamou 25 in 141 apps
JCH 25 in 177 apps
Hiwula 32 in 148 apps
Bakayoko 16 in 125 apps.
Total 98 in 591 apps

To replace:
McNulty 97 in 264 apps

Yes, I find it concerning without doubt.

Let's hope one of them goes a bit mental and scores loads.

Grendel

Biamou 25 in 141 apps
JCH 25 in 177 apps
Hiwula 32 in 148 apps
Bakayoko 16 in 125 apps.
Total 98 in 591 apps

To replace:
McNulty 97 in 264 apps

Didn’t mcgoldrick score 29 in 190 before joining us?

Hobo

Biamou 25 in 141 apps
JCH 25 in 177 apps
Hiwula 32 in 148 apps
Bakayoko 16 in 125 apps.
Total 98 in 591 apps

To replace:
McNulty 97 in 264 apps

So who would you sign? Even then we have to assume they are available.

Hobo

Biamou 25 in 141 apps
JCH 25 in 177 apps
Hiwula 32 in 148 apps
Bakayoko 16 in 125 apps.
Total 98 in 591 apps

To replace:
McNulty 97 in 264 apps

16 of Chaplin's 22 goals have been scored in League 2. The 32 Hiwula has scored have been in League 1 and Championship.

stupot07

It's this mythical 'guaranteed 20 goal a season striker' that idiots like dongo used to talk of. McNulty hadn't got over 20 goals in a season before he signed.
For me we needed to get someone in nearer their peak (25-28 yo) or we should have said sorry Marc you're staying here. For me we have Biamou who's untried at this level, JCH, Hiwula and Bakayoko you are all unproven and for development, albeit Hiwula's record suggest he might score a few given a run. Even if we sign Chaplin its a very inexperienced front line, especially when you throw in Bayliss, Jones, Allisani and Shipley into the mix.

Last edited:

stupot07

So who would you sign? Even then we have to assume they are available.
All I've done is list the stats. I'll be delighted if they turn it around and start scoring for fun.

Sky Blue Harry H

For me we needed to get someone in nearer their peak (25-28 yo) or we should have said sorry Marc you're staying here. For me we have Biamou who's untried at this level, JCH, Hiwula and Bakayoko you are all unproven and for development, albeit Hiwula's record suggest he might score a few given a run. Even if we sign Chaplin its a very inexperienced front line, especially when you throw in Bayliss, Jones, Allisani and Shipley into the mix.

"You'll never win anything with youngsters" ….that kid Mbappe, though - I'd have him! I understand that the majority of signings are likely to be younger, as they will have a resale value (call it development with the odd one or 2 like Zain Westbrook or Morgan Williams,). I agree with this, as you don't want a load of Peter Ramage types that you are stuck with at the wrong end of their careers. We got it right/lucky with McNulty, and we need to hope we do the same again, as proven existing scorers (unless they are from non league) we won't be able to afford/won't be available.

shmmeee

People talk about McNulty as if he was fucking around at our level scoring 1 in 4 until he came here but thats not true. His record at L2 and in Scotland was better than that (although not as good as last season) and he had experience at a higher level. To compare him to a player who has been consistently in the first team at our level and not scoring is apples and oranges.

Chaplin is a good example of a player whose stats are decieving but you can tel he has potential from his goals per minute ratio.

Its not just a case of “who knows” with any striker that hasnt notched 20 in a season.

For me we needed to get someone in nearer their peak (25-28 yo) or we should have said sorry Marc you're staying here. For me we have Biamou who's untried at this level, JCH, Hiwula and Bakayoko you are all proven and for development, albeit Hiwula's record suggest he might score a few given a run. Even if we sign Chaplin its a very inexperienced front line, especially when you throw in Bayliss, Jones, Allisani and Shipley into the mix.

This worries me about the transfer strategy. We've already got a very young back line and a very young front line. The only experience we've got in the side is in he middle of the pitch really.

JulianDarbyFTW

I get what you're saying about age. Not sure what the average age of a modern-day squad is. 25 perhaps? Baimou is inexperienced rather than young, Willis is young but experienced. Age is a factor, but experience is probably a bigger part of the puzzle. And no doubt about it, we don't have many players with a ton of on-pitch experience in some positions.

Users who are viewing this thread